IGNORED

Miss Raquel's mother is selling her wedding dress

formergothardite

You mean she's not saving it for Miss Raquel's wedding? Or does Miss Raquel not like it? SAVE THE DIFFERENCE RAQUEL!!!!!!

There she goes with that frickin' ungrammatical "Deus Filia" shizz again.

And, in my opinion, that dress screams "The Worst of the '80s."

How modest is Miss Racquel? Is she fine with showing her shoulders? If not, that dress isn't very modest. Actually, the dress is pretty nice, although not my taste, and could easily be updated by changing the sleeves around a bit. Actually, that might not be easy. I don't know much about sewing.

That's a pretty steep price. I paid $299 for mine from ebay five years ago and it had a lot more material/detail and it was not from 1988!

It looks like one of those 80's soap opera wedding dresses-Bo and Hope, Patch and Kayla, Roman and Marlena...

How modest is Miss Racquel? Is she fine with showing her shoulders? If not, that dress isn't very modest. Actually, the dress is pretty nice, although not my taste, and could easily be updated by changing the sleeves around a bit. Actually, that might not be easy. I don't know much about sewing.

I used to own a bridal shop, and the Fabulous Mrs. N. could have removed the sleeves and made it strapless easily. Pretty dress, but it would have to be dirt cheap for me to buy it.

I have to say that Miss Raquel is doing her best to look seductive. Modest she is not.

It seems sort of expensive for a 23 year old dress. You can get a new one almost exactly like but without the puffy sleeves for $269. Here (in case you are interested): http://www.helenebridal.com/Wedding-Dresses/WD6219/ It doesn't even sound like they are including the veil/hat.

I have to pull myself away from the internet now. Looking at wedding dresses is my guilty pleasure.

In 1997, my brand new wedding dress cost $300. I don't remember the brand or anything, but it came from a boutique, not David's Bridal or the like. Means nothing really, except in comparison to the $350 being asked for this 23 year old used dress that is completely dated.

I pity the fool (sorry, it's not the 80's anymore; couldn't help myself) who spends that money.

I did consignments when I had my shop, and that would have been on the $100 and under rack. Really fabulous vintage gowns would sometimes fetch more but they had the fabric/quality workmanship to be worth it. Alencon and Venetian lace, silk fabrics, embroidery ... I still have some abandoned dresses stashed away to be cannibalized if Her Maj has her mama's restyling gene.

The dress could be pretty, but unless it was pure silk, I wouldn't pay more than $100 as a bride and $25 as a shopkeeper.

Jim Bob Duggar would love those puff sleeves, but Michelle would have to wear a "modesty bodice" under it. And they could even buy used and save the difference. Somebody should send this link to them.

I like the Russian outfit, but I'm curious how they're getting a 34 inch measurement on the bust and equating it to a 9/10 (which is medium in most places) because I wear a medium and that would be rather a tight fit.

Is there something wrong with their camera that it can't take level shots?

I think they think it is artistic. Miss Raquel also has an etsy shop where she sells the photos she has taken for $20 each.

What I want to know, though, is if she has finally bought something from etsy so she can mark it off her bucket list and her New Year's resolution list.

Guest Anonymous
Is there something wrong with their camera that it can't take level shots?

:lol: :clap:

I WISH Miss Racquel's MOTHER!!!! would stop using SO many capital!!!! LETTERS and EXCLAMATION marks!!!!111

And $350 for a 1980s frock that has been worn outside in the snow? :roll: :shock:

Definitely overpriced, but if it is polyester she can turn it inside out and machine wash on delicate, then hang it dry. My consigners who didn't want to pay for dry cleaning did this with great success (don't try this with tulle, silk or delicate laces.)

Edited for typo.

Archived