IGNORED

I'd give a dollar - Bradricks

MamaJunebug

It doesn't help that those pants are enormous! Either he's got a big waist and toothpick legs or those pants are baggy as hell and only held up with a belt.

Also someone needs to get him a less disrespectful hat. :naughty:

Husband says people in an airborne trained soldiers (82nd, 101st) tuck their pant legs in everything but full dress A. So most of the time, they would have their pants tucked in like that. (I understand that only the airborne are permitted to do that.) Doug is wearing jump wings in that photo, but it looks like the wrong hat (unless they wore those hats for a time? as the protocol changes from time to time), but he's definitely not wearing an airborne division cord.

He's mixed and matched, playing dress up to look like he's in an airborne division... I'm so impressed.

Guest Anonymous

Husband says people in an airborne trained soldiers (82nd, 101st) tuck their pant legs in everything but full dress A. So most of the time, they would have their pants tucked in like that. (I understand that only the airborne are permitted to do that.) Doug is wearing jump wings in that photo, but it looks like the wrong hat (unless they wore those hats for a time? as the protocol changes from time to time), but he's definitely not wearing an airborne division cord.

He's mixed and matched, playing dress up to look like he's in an airborne division... I'm so impressed.

Well, none of the people he's bloviating to have any intention of serving so they're not likely to notice the difference. He has to take his drag where he can find it since he doesn't dare wear what the rest of us call "drag" in public.

Other thoughts -- Those guys were not permitted to have beards. Why did Dougie not shave his off for historical accuracy?

And who is Faith? (Is she a Morecraft?) Maybe her thyroid is messed up and her eyebrows fell out?

I SO wish he would get busted for playing dress-up in military uniforms. That would make my day. Maybe he's trying to work around the law by mixing and matching the different military apparel?

Dougie really is the gift that just keeps on giving.

I have friends who are into costuming; they look more normal dressed up as Aragorn or Will Turner than Dougie looks in his tweed suit.

I spent most of my childhood on an Air Force base, and those funky little soda jerk hats are just the official Air Force cap. I associate anyone wearing one with being some kind of military personnel. I'm sure someone who knows more about it could phrase that better, but Dougie wearing it just bugs me.

Faith is one of Doug's daughters.

They're getting so big! I guess the facial expression (and the lack of eyebrows) threw me a bit, too. She's still a little pipsqueak in my head. Doug's oldest boys were still little enough to scoot around under the pews in the back of the church the last time I saw them in person. Funny how it doesn't seem all that long ago! Amazing what this getting older does to your perspective.

Archived