IGNORED

Religion makes people do strange things

teddybear

That's very true.

ETA. Did a brief google search. Found no examples of adult men who died because of faith healing quackery.

In fact, many of the faith-healing ministers are perfectly willing to get surgeries and extreme medical interventions themselves. For instance, the head pastor of Bethel Church in Redding, CA has had surgeries in the past few years while people flock to him from all over the world for healings and are told that faith is enough.

If I had wanted a hands off birth then my husband would have looked at me cock-eyed but the second things were taking too long or going wrong he would have vetoed me and hauled me off to doctors who know what the fuck they are doing. My husband's and I's wants and desires of a birth are always trumped by the baby's needs. If this man truly loved his wife and baby he would have done everything in his power to make sure both people had a healthy outcome. But he didn't as his wants and desires came first at the price of the 2 people he claimed to love so very much.

I hope they nail this guy to wall.

wow how f*cked in the head do you have to be to not realise a week of contractions isn't normal!? Nor should anyone go through labour without having someone there who knows all about it and what to do in an emergency.

This just makes me want to scream expletives!!!!!!!

:angry-cussingblack: :angry-steamingears: :angry-fire:

I have seen many websites claim that breech birth is perfectly safe at home, which makes me think a lot of people in the homebirthing community agree. I cannot see this guy getting charged for something so common.

Withholding antibiotics might be a different issue though.

(Caleb) didn't know what the heck he's doing -- he has no medical training, he's not a doctor, he doesn't know what he's doing. He takes the scissors and cuts her and performs an episiotomy.

Could he be charged with anything for doing that? Impersonating a doctor or something? This is awful. Scary this man was a cop.

They were both adults and can make those choices of no meds. babies die getting born and who is every going to point a finger at a parent and say you fucked up? once the baby was born they could nail him for lack of care if the baby lived for a bit. But realty is he won't be punished but for not notifying the authorities of her death.

the only good part is she is free of the asshat and the baby will not have him raising it.

But I say if your going to depend on god to do everything then depend on him and don't live with anything modern. refusing parts of the modern world to fit your beliefs is bullshit.

Could he be charged with anything for doing that? Impersonating a doctor or something? This is awful. Scary this man was a cop.

impersonating a human being?

They were both adults and can make those choices of no meds. babies die getting born and who is every going to point a finger at a parent and say you fucked up? once the baby was born they could nail him for lack of care if the baby lived for a bit. But realty is he won't be punished but for not notifying the authorities of her death.

the only good part is she is free of the asshat and the baby will not have him raising it.

But I say if your going to depend on god to do everything then depend on him and don't live with anything modern. refusing parts of the modern world to fit your beliefs is bullshit.

If there is proof that he withheld medicine from his wife then he can be charged. He could be charged If the wife was not of sound mind with no living will when she said no to medication. He could also be charged if he forbid her to take the meds when she wanted to take them.

If there is proof that he withheld medicine from his wife then he can be charged. He could be charged If the wife was not of sound mind with no living will when she said no to medication. He could also be charged if he forbid her to take the meds when she wanted to take them.

it might be hard to prove if all her "friends" say she would not take them or such. I don't think adults are forced to take meds ot make them better. if all his friends say he did what she wanted who could prove otherwise?

One of the saddest things is his child by his first wife having this idiot as his father. Having to know that his father allowed his stepsibling and "stepmother" to die.

In his lawsuit, he says that while co-workers gave him support and sympathy after Sydney’s stillbirth, they turned on him during his wife’s subsequent illness. He says he welcomed officers into the home when they responded to anonymous 911 calls and never objected when they asked to speak to Misty without him in the room.

The lawsuit states that, “While once enjoying an amicable relationship with his co-workers,†Caleb Horner was then ostracized and “given the silent treatment,†after Misty’s death.

He said he was interrogated about his beliefs and what Bible verses supported those beliefs. Co-workers told him he was wrong, crazy and brainwashed.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/06/33 ... rylink=cpy

You don't get to sue because people don't like you anymore. You certainly don't get to sue when people have perfectly normal human reactions to a terrible tragedy which was completely preventable, which you failed to prevent because of some fucked-up beliefs.

That said, I'll try to explain why he might not face criminal charges (bearing in mind that I don't know the specific laws in that state).

1. Part of being pro-choice and accepting that women have control over their own bodies is accepting that you will occasionally have women make decisions that are not in the best interests of their baby-to-be. These cases are indeed tragic - but the flip side is allowing the state to literally chase down, apprehended and tie women to hospital beds and force them to have c-sections. There have been cases involving that scenario, as well as cases where the state attempted to force a c-section and the woman went into hiding and then had a vaginal birth.

2. If it was clear that Misty had stated that she would refuse all medical intervention, no matter what, treating her against her will could have been considered assault even if it was necessary to save her life. I know that in Canada, doctors have no choice when treating an adult Jehovah's Witness who has made it clear that they will refuse blood transfusions - they cannot perform a transfusion even if the patient subsequently loses consciousness, even if it means watching the patient die.

I am sure he does. I would hate to have to depend on him as a cop.

That's why he should lose his job. His religious beliefs could keep him from calling in the paramedics when someone is injured.

How the hell was this guy not charged with murder, manslaughter, something? Any lawyers on the board? I'd really like to know.

I agree, he should be charged with manslaugter, or practcing medicine without a license. I used to be a nurse, it it was considered a criminal offense (technically) for me to give a patient so much as a Tylenol without a doctor's order. It was "practicing medicine without a license." This man attempted surgery!

Archived