IGNORED

Bittners/By Grace Alone

haveapicniclife

Ugh, what a horrid story. I can't imagine making that chirpy Christmas post when this was going on. How could they?

I also remember looking at this blog before, and there were pictures of the family at ATI headquarters with Bill Gothard. I can't remember if Priscilla was there or when it was.

I am wondering now if the "gang-rape" story was made up as a cover for abuse by a family member or trusted friend of the family. Should be fairly easy to check if we knew the name of the town they lived in then.

That sadly really did happen to her.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This horrendous story is bringing me out of years of lurkdom. What an absolute tragedy, and I am of the same mind as a few of you... the story doesn't quite add up. I think poor Priscilla has been horribly abused, and wouldn't be at all surprised to find it was at the hands of a family member.

Am I the only one who is squicked out by the oldest brother in that family? The body language between he and his sisters in the photographs makes my skin crawl. (But then, I come from a long line of staunchly British prudes, so it might just be my upbringing showing :)

When the mother had the last baby, the girl, it was Jacqueline and Sil who were there for the delivery. (It was a home birth in the parent's bedroom.) From the blog, I got the impression that the father was there, but sitting there holding his wife's hand, while the two teenage girls were serving her "down below". I think that Jacqueline was the one who recieved the baby and handed her to the mother.

Here's part of Jacqueline's blog post about the delivery:

At 5:00 this morning, I had just woken up and was about to get up and ready for the day when mom came in my room and said that she needed me. I was trying to figure out why she would need me at that time of day when it hit me and I asked "oh are you having contractions?" We got her room ready, lit the candles, pulled down the shades, turned on harp music, drew the bath water, got out the babies first outfit, diaper, and t-shirt, and made her some magnesium calm drink.

While she soaked, Sill and I sat and finished reading the midwifery book, and made sure that everything was in it's place.

So, this was planned all along? They finished reading a midwifery book!!! So, you just need to read a book and voila, you're a midwife? :angry-banghead:

So, this was planned all along? They finished reading a midwifery book!!! So, you just need to read a book and voila, you're a midwife? :angry-banghead:

And more of the delivery:

At 7:00 Dad and Stephen returned home from the Gym and when the children told him that mom was "having the baby" he took off running up the stairs, Sill and I told him that we had everything under control and that he just needed to calm down and help us.

From 7;00 to 12:00 she just had small contractions and walked around the room for awhile, but at around 12:08 they started getting very strong. Dad prayed and held her hand, I gave her drinks of water, kept cold washcloths on her forehead, and Sill brought me fresh ones.

She started getting tired and we told her that she was doing great and that she could do it, finally she squeezed my hand and said "Jacqueline get ready." I saw the head and told mom to keep going, then before I knew it she plopped right into my arms. When I saw, and heard Alexis cry for the first time it melted me and I just held her and cried. I gave her to mom and we sat and cried together. Sill was downstairs crying and the children asked her if something was wrong with the baby, when she said no they said "then what are you crying for?" Sill told them "because I'm so happy"

Right before Sill cut the umbelical cord,

Yes, umbilical is spelled wrong, that's Jacqueline's spelling. I mean, she's a midwife so shouldn't se know how to spell umbilical? :geek:

What rank is her father? They live in officer housing so he's an officer. I think he might be a colonel but I'm not sure.

Here's part of Jacqueline's blog post about the delivery:

:o

Yes, umbilical is spelled wrong, that's Jacqueline's spelling. I mean, she's a midwife so shouldn't se know how to spell umbilical? :geek:

What rank is her father? They live in officer housing so he's an officer. I think he might be a colonel but I'm not sure.

He's a warrant officer, CWO5. He was enlisted first and then went over, so not like a regular officer but still an officer (my husband is trying to make CWO2 right now).

He's a warrant officer, CWO5. He was enlisted first and then went over, so not like a regular officer but still an officer (my husband is trying to make CWO2 right now).

OK, warrant officer, which is not an officer, not enlisted, but an area of its own called warrant officer ;) Someone who starts out enlisted and becomes an officer is a mustang.

What branch is your husband in?

I agree that the whole situation is fishy. As I live in the same county as where the B's are currently residing, I had looked for any news reports on any assaults in the June 2010 timeframe at APG (Aberdeen Proving Grounds), but I couldn't find anything. But I am not surprised as APG is federal property and has its own police force. Somewhat curiously, P deleted her FB account last summer about the same time she went to NY for "cosmetology school". She had a bunch of twitter posts in late August (mostly about missing her boyfriend) and then nothing until the news reports when she ran away in mid October.

Fundiefun, do you know the family? Do you know if she received medical treatment following her rape? Was it reported? Were any arrests ever made? This girls story is utterly heartbreaking, it will take her years to recover from all of this. Assuming of course that she has support and gets the help she desperately needs, which does not seem likely.

Fundiefun, do you know the family? Do you know if she received medical treatment following her rape? Was it reported? Were any arrests ever made? This girls story is utterly heartbreaking, it will take her years to recover from all of this. Assuming of course that she has support and gets the help she desperately needs, which does not seem likely.

I know P, but not her family and I never asked specifics in regards to her rape being a past victim myself I know how sensitive that subject can be. She was doing her best though to cut ties with her fundie past and make her own way in the world even if it meant standing on her own without anyone's support.

To those who are saying that there is something strange about the story, I agree. There is something fishy about this.

Fundiefan, is P an articulate person? If not, it might be difficult for her to explain her situation. I'm not asking if she is intelligent, just if she is the type of person who can explain her side of the case well.

[That's what I think because she honestly believes up and down that she is innocent because this wasn't until after she ran away from the family she was staying with. They took away her cell phone, her computer, and wouldn't even let her leave the house as I last recall and it was so bad that running away as a better alternative to staying there. She left the family after running away for months and the images just were now found. I can't help but wonder what went on with the family she stayed with for her to run away when they had control of her cell phone and computer the entire time she was there and ended up running away. Something tells me there is more to the story then this or there are some twisted going ons in the family she was with before running away.

It sounds as if the family had imprisoned her. Hopefully, her lawyer knows this information.

Fundiefun, can you share how you got to know P.?

BTW, I keep mixing up FundieFan and Fundiefun. Fundiefan has the "god hates shrimp" avatar.

Fundiefun, can you share how you got to know P.?

BTW, I keep mixing up FundieFan and Fundiefun. Fundiefan has the "god hates shrimp" avatar.

I got to know her through the online world and she slowly started breaking out of the fundie box. I really got to know her when she came back from the bad girl fundie school and was in the process of trying to put her life back together as best as she could.

In the photo that accompanied the stories about her disappearance, it looks like her face is covered with bruises. Could this have been taken right after she was gang-raped?

(But she's still smiling for the camera; talk about "keeping sweet"!)

Okay, so she's 18. Whatever on her computer could be "children" who are under 18. In any case it is NOT a good thing, but it might not be as young as it sounds, and it may have just been her with another 17 year old when she was 17. Did they release ages of the victims anywhere?

This person needs help, and trying to sweep everything under the rug isn't going to help anybody. Her parents need to wake up.

I haven't read the rest of the thread. So...

Maybe she was being forced to do those things with those kids. She is not in a healthy state of mind, and she may be easily manipulated. So I'm going to go with it wasn't exactly her choice to participate.

I got to know her through the online world and she slowly started breaking out of the fundie box. I really got to know her when she came back from the bad girl fundie school and was in the process of trying to put her life back together as best as she could.

Do you still tak with her? Would she know to tell the lawyer the events from her past?

Sorry that I missed you up with fundiefan. Doh. :?

Do you still tak with her? Would she know to tell the lawyer the events from her past?

Sorry that I missed you up with fundiefan. Doh. :?

I am currently staying in contact with a mutual friend of ours, but I haven't personally heard from her and I'm pretty sure she is going to explain everything with her lawyer.

That sadly really did happen to her.

As I alluded to in an earlier post, it seems that information has been "scrubbed" on this whole thing. Only very selective bits of information seem to be publicly available. And yes, it is very odd that there seem to be no news stories out there about the gang rape thing (not saying it didn't happen; I'm saying that this kind of thing would normally be expected to make some news stories).

The whole story just gets fishier and fishier.

I just feel her attorney needs to know about everything we've posted here. He/she needs to know how isolated she was kept, how her phone and computer were taken away, and that she really could have been set up. It's bad enough that her family follows Gothard but he father is also military, and the military knows how to cover facts up.

I've read the comments that people posted about the story that was linked to on the first page. There are a couple of disgusting posters who are like, "So a 12 year old boy gets it on with a hot 18 year old girl! Lucky dog!" or "Kids have 'played doctor' for years and those darn politically correct liberals are making a mountain out of a molehill." Others have replied that one can't assume the children involved were boys nor that such an age difference is acceptable sex play. But one astute person noted that she is either seriously mentally ill (or more accurately speaking, suffering PTSD from what she has experienced)or there is an older person behind all this. I'm inclined to believe the latter. Someone had to take those pictures of her and the kids.

I just googled her name the first website that comes up is a site The stalkers of Priscilla Bittner. I am so weirded out. It feels like such a conspiracy but is it? I can't stop thinking about his. This is so horrific. I just hope she can get real help and leave her family behind.

I just googled her name the first website that comes up is a site The stalkers of Priscilla Bittner. I am so weirded out. It feels like such a conspiracy but is it? I can't stop thinking about his. This is so horrific. I just hope she can get real help and leave her family behind.

There is a page for stalking her! What the hell.

I've read the comments that people posted about the story that was linked to on the first page. There are a couple of disgusting posters who are like, "So a 12 year old boy gets it on with a hot 18 year old girl! Lucky dog!" or "Kids have 'played doctor' for years and those darn politically correct liberals are making a mountain out of a molehill." Others have replied that one can't assume the children involved were boys nor that such an age difference is acceptable sex play. But one astute person noted that she is either seriously mentally ill (or more accurately speaking, suffering PTSD from what she has experienced)or there is an older person behind all this. I'm inclined to believe the latter. Someone had to take those pictures of her and the kids.

That's what I believe because the family had her laptop and cell phone in possession from the time she was there until the time she ran away and if it was such a loving home why would she risk being a run away and trying to bum it on the streets as a fundie girl with almost no support or life experience. I honestly believe there is another adult involved in this and there is more going on that meets the eye. One the article where it stated her disappearance some posters said that the church where she was last seen was very closed off and basically had armed guards at the door. This to me sounds like a twisted web of fundie cover up and abuse.

Archived