IGNORED

Nominees Announced for Dougie's Film Fest

GeoBQn

Just read all the information about the wolf movie. These people could find anti-Christian propaganda in a story about a puppy and a duckling who are best friends. Yeesh.

:lol:

Description of imaginary film:

When Toolie McFundie looked out of her kitchen window while washing the five dozen lunch dishes used by her family of 32, she was, at first, amused to see her puppy, Dominion, nosing at a duckling.

She knew his Godly hunting dog instincts would kick in, and he would bring her the bird to be cooked for dinner, little knowing, in his cute, innocent, puppy way, what a tiny dent it would make in their meat needs.

Imagine her horror when she saw the puppy and duckling playing together and getting along, in clear violation of God's plan. She immediately informed her husband, and fighting this horror became the family's mission.

This Godly film shows their travails, as they investigate evidence that the duckling was trained to entice dogs to play, and placed in their yard by a Leftist Atheist Gay Conspiracy. Poor Dominion had to be put down when he would not learn to hate the duckling, but the family rose above their grief.

This courageous look at the scourge of inter-species interaction will shock you, then warm your heart when you see how God is working in the hearts of the McFundies. They are fighting the brave battle against canine-avian friendships, and the people who allow them.

Trailers for some of the nominated films (lots of SCARY MUSIC! :roll:):

http://avoiceforlife.com/trailer.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL1YZZHZ ... re=related

http://rescuedthemovie.com/

I know we've already discussed this one here:

http://indoctrinationmovie.com/

Oh, and perhaps those who got the last question wrong on the Pew quiz should watch this one, which contrasts Finney and Edwards:

http://dominionproductionsstudio.com/Do ... lcome.html

None of the so called nominees are films. They are all Propaganda, in its most obvious 'get to the masses' form.

But so are a lot of non-Christian films that win mainstream awards. Michael Moore, anyone?

I love how that one guy 'travels the world using his bible as a historical reference'.

That's going to be tricky once he leaves the Middle East. "Here we are in Australia, which was never mentioned in the Bible and so I can't actually talk about it. Nice surfing though."

That's going to be tricky once he leaves the Middle East. "Here we are in Australia, which was never mentioned in the Bible and so I can't actually talk about it. Nice surfing though."

:lol: Or even: "Where the heck am I, and what are those bouncy things? They weren't on the ark."

Sadly, the Jet Song doesn't need much change:

DOUGIE/RIFF: (Spoken) Against the Feminizis we need every man we got.

ACTION: (Spoken) Knight don't belong any more.

DOUGIE/RIFF: Cut it, Action boy. I and Knight are tight. Especially him.

ACTION: Well, he acts like he don't wanna belong.

BABY JOHN: Who wouldn't wanna belong to the VF?

ACTION: Knight ain't been with us for over a month.

SNOWBOY: What about the day we clobbered the Agnostics?

A-RAB: Which we couldn't have done without Knight.

BABY JOHN: He saved my ever-lovin' neck!

DOUGIE/RIFF: Right! He's always come through for us and he will now.

[sings]

When you're a tool,

You're a tool all the way

First day of homeschool

To your last dyin' day.

When you're a tool

If the faith hits the fan,

You got brothers around,

You're a family man!

You're never alone,

You're never disconnected!

You're home with your own:

When logic is expected,

You're well protected!

Then you are set

With a mouthful of bull,

Which you'll never forget

Till your quiver is full.

When you're a tool,

You stay a tool!

[spoken]: I know Knight like I know me. I guarantee you can count him in.

ACTION: In, out, let's get crackin'.

A-RAB: Where you gonna find the hags?

DOUGIE/RIFF: At FJ, just like always.

BIG DEAL: But the Internet's neutral territory.

RIFF: [innocently] I'm gonna make nice there! I'm only gonna challenge them.

A-RAB: Great, Daddy-O!

DOUGIE/RIFF: Easy. Sweet. Meet Knight and me at ten. And stand wide!

A-RAB: We always stand wide!

BABY JOHN: We're tools!

ACTION: The Christianest!

ALL [sing]:

When you're a tool,

You're the top cat in town,

You're the most Christian kid

Shooting all Catholics down!

When you're a tool,

All Dominionists sing:

Little boy, you're a man;

Little man, you're a king!

The tools are in gear,

Our cylinders are clickin'!

The Jews'll steer clear

And we can hope they sicken, on kosher chicken!

Here come the tools

Sending Mormons to hell.

And the atheists know,

That we all think they smell!

Here come the tools:

Moslem world, step aside!

Better go underground,

Better run, better hide!

We read KJV,

So keep your Bibles hidden!

Our women ain't free,

All feminisits forbidden

And we ain't kiddin'!

Here come the tools,

Yeah! And we're gonna beat

Ev'ry last buggin' faith

On the whole buggin' street!

On the whole!

Ever!

Mother!

Lovin'!

Street!

Yeah!

(edited because it's "King James Version," not "Kentucky Fried Version!" :lol:

I love this so so much.

:lol: Or even: "Where the heck am I, and what are those bouncy things? They weren't on the ark."

I'm curious as to how he managed to visit the Grand Canyon if he's using his bible as a guide... I don't think the bible mentions the Americas.

Trailers for some of the nominated films (lots of SCARY MUSIC! :roll:):

http://avoiceforlife.com/trailer.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL1YZZHZ ... re=related

http://rescuedthemovie.com/

I know we've already discussed this one here:

http://indoctrinationmovie.com/

Oh, and perhaps those who got the last question wrong on the Pew quiz should watch this one, which contrasts Finney and Edwards:

http://dominionproductionsstudio.com/Do ... lcome.html

Ugh...all of these "films" are meant to preach to the choir and further alienate everyone else who sees them. They don't have any solid secular evidence to support their claims (not like the makers would want to go out of their way to check their facts) not are any of these films aesthetically appealing. I'd rather watch the Oscars and root for the mediocre offerings presented by hollywood than waste my time with the piss poor excuse of the SAICFF. The only good thing that they all have in common is that they might have some cute guy in the trailer. That'll keep the female audiences engaged.

Rescued is one film that reminds me of one of Kathryn Joyce's articles in the Nation that calls out on the BS of the Evangelical Adoption "Crisis":

http://www.thenation.com/article/160096 ... on-crusade

Why is it that the church at large doesn’t talk much about adoption? How can the church come alongside families who have chosen to adopt? Do adoption and missions have a common thread?

I love how they sneak in that tricky little question about the vague connection between adoption and "missions". They should basically just say, "This movie will convince you to travel to a developing nation, preach the gospel, and pick one of those kewt little brown babies to take home for your very own!" And they won't be doing it for the sake of the orphaned child, or even because they want another child to add to their family. They only want to save the heathens and win brownie points for jesus.

Let's not even start on that stat where 65k children have been adopted by those icky homosexuals. Oh, the HUMANITY :roll:

Oh, man, I lost a whole post.

Probably for the better, here is the short form:

Doug instituted the SAICFF to take over Hollywood with Christian-themed feature films.

it isn't happening. Except for the long-ago "The Widow's Might," "Courageous" and "fireproof," all the movies are documentaries.

Their main showing places will be churches - mega-churches, family-integrated churches, etc.

They do not draw the general public to be entertained and enlightened about Christianity.

The film "Luther," starring one or the other of the Fiennes, had an effect upon the lead actor. I remember reading an interview iwth him in which he stated - I'm paraphrasing here - "When I started work on this, I said, 'Football is my religion' - and as I learned about the role, learned about the man, Luther, I realized that there is more to religion and it's not all bad."

"Luther" was a fine feature film, a bio-pic that both entertained and presented a POV of Christianity that was in part positive.

That's what I think Doug had in mind, was to generate more feature films that show Christian morals and ways of life in the positive.

Instead, the SAICFF contenders have devolved down into an array of sermons disguised as documentaries.

Related but not entirely: I still grimace to remember the 2010 winner of the $101,000 prize and his wife swanning on-stage to receive the check while their older daughter(s) wrangled the energetic young sons. Wifey stood looking refreshed and without a care in the world as she gazed Michelle-ishly upon her husband during his acceptance speech.

Oh, fer dawg's sakes, ladies: If you're gonna birth all those arrows, take care of them. Or at least don't have your frazzled daughters drag them up on stage. Let the kids relax in the seats and have somebody with a video camera pan over them as Hubby makes his sermon - er, speech - about how Wonderful Family Is.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

It seems like before this year's festival, all the info is about 2010. Did they not have a festival in 2011? What was the story there?

Texas Monthly has a story in the January 2012 issue about the Hannah Overton case. I have it sitting on my desk, and will try to read it this week.

I can't imagine any of the fundies making an interesting movie about an actual legal case ala "Paradise Lost: The Robin Hood Hills Child Murders" but who knows. I imagine it will be statements based on pure conjecture like "The Prosecutor Hates Us and Religion!".

OT: For those of you following the Hana Williams' case, Larry's bond was revoked and he is back in jail. He tried to contact the kids via Christmas presents. He re-wrote one of Timothy's books of the bible, and cast himself as the martyr. It was a clumsy attempt to influence their testimony. His relatives turned him in.

I love this so so much.

Glad I could give you a smile.

More . . . (to the tune of Tonight - the duet -- I'll get to the quintet later if I have time):

FUNDIE ONE:

Only us, we're the only ones who know what God wants!

In our eyes in our words and in everything we do

We're the perfect few,

Ever.

FUNDIE TWO:

And if you think we're wrong, well, then, see ya!

You'll be burning in Hell, sinner, see ya!

FUNDIE ONE:

Neener, neener!

FUNDIE TWO:

Always right, every thought I'll ever know

Everywhere I go, I'm best!

BOTH FUNDIES:

All the world is only you and me!

We're right, we're right,

The rest can fly a kite,

We're perfect, so real world, go away!

FUNDIE ONE:

So perfect in God's sight,

What we are, what we do, what we say!

FUNDIE TWO:

Today, all day I had the feeling

A miracle would happen

Of course we know I'm right.

BOTH FUNDIES:

Don't question me,

I'm tight with God, you see,

I'm right!

Just we can see God's light

Our bias spreads all over the place.

Although we're not too bright

Getting mad,

We'll put you in your place.

Today, the world is just an address,

A place for me to live in,

No better than all right.

But when we've died,

We'll sit at God's right side!

We're right!

Texas Monthly has a story in the January 2012 issue about the Hannah Overton case. I have it sitting on my desk, and will try to read it this week.

I can't imagine any of the fundies making an interesting movie about an actual legal case ala "Paradise Lost: The Robin Hood Hills Child Murders" but who knows. I imagine it will be statements based on pure conjecture like "The Prosecutor Hates Us and Religion!".

I'm sure their "martyrdom" is part of the focus, but, from the description, it sounds like it's also about how she's nobly risen above her pain to preach to the women in prison. :roll:

They seem to be announcing the rest of the nominees in a really annoying fashion--congratulating each film individually in a Facebook status update, not grouped by category. Yes, Courageous is on there.

Archived