IGNORED

"I have to go to the thrift store, I KNOW theres a sale!"

FJismyheadship

some good bargains! I went to the heathenly fabric store with a $10 voucher and everything I touched was reduced even more as I checked out! PRAISE JEEBUS!!! He knew I only had $10 to spend and not much more to add to it, so he magically reduced the items further than they were!!! Gawd is gewd!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best score ever from Goodwill for me is a tie. A skirt with the $395 tag still attached for $4. An LLBean heavy wooden futon chair which was $700 new for $20.

I went to GW tonight,got 2 coffee mugs(only one is bone china and I don't love it, my real one is still waiting),a Hooked on Phonics French kit-new, 3 shirts/sweaters , and a pair of Aeropostale jeans for my daughter all for$20. The roads were too bad to go to another one, but I will do that tomorrow as my daughter is at a sleepover which is within 10 minutes of 2 different ones and I only got through one. :)

Did anyone else notice Michelle wrote "I was like" before quoting herself/her thoughts? I watch the show but don't normally read the blog - is that normal for her? I would expect better grammar/word choice (like, I don't know, "I thought"?) but I'm not surprised.

I too have the Goodwill intuition... I collect milk glass and found a milkglass cake plate at the busiest goodwill in the world, I found my $15 collapsible measuring cups (in my favorite color!) for $2 and a Pottery Barn couch for $60. Just needed a new slipcover... but I didn't buy it.

I bet she just wants to get the hell out of the house. I mean, she is one of the moms.

I envy all of you who get great thrift store finds. My GPS is crap and so are my local stores!

I am the queen of the thrift stores. Just about my entire wardrobe and all my furniture is from the thrift store.

My best find ever is my 1930's maroon velvet chair in the most perfect Art Deco style. It is gorgeous and in near new condition. I paid $3 for it.

I also have my eventual wedding gown (if someone is crazy enough to marry me) which is a strapless, princess cut white satin with pearl detail on the bodice for $30.

All my china is real bone china - Limoges, mostly. Of course, none of it matches, but I love it all. I probably didn't pay more than $2 a piece.

And when they've saved up for something we encourage them to see if they can find it on Craigslist or in a thrift store, or just be patient to see if it goes on sale before buying it new.

Wait -- Craigslist gets through their internet filters? There can be some defrauding stuff on there...

The only shopping ESP I seem to have is American Eagle sales/free shipping days. I always seem to find something I want to order online the day before they announce that it's free shipping all weekend (I absolutely hate to pay for shipping and will hardly ever order things online unless I can get the shipping free). I am slightly obsessed with American Eagle jeans.

I used to like thrift stores, but I think I'm too impatient to really excel at thrifting. Plus, all the good thrift stores are on the complete opposite end of town from me. I did find my favorite skirt ever at a thrift store, completely by accident. I wore it to death, then I gained weight and it got too small, then I lost weight and it got too big, but I still can't bring myself to get rid of it because I loved it THAT much.

I have shopping ESP when it comes to Sears and the Land's End clothing sales. Now, my best thrift store find to date was a backgammon set in its own leather case for $3 when normally, those things are at least $30 new. This was at the Goodwill by the vet's office.

Must. Be. In. Total. Control. It reminds me of my childhood...

Always, otherwise the kids might realize they can live their lives independent of their parents beliefs and not have a hundred and one kids of their own. The parents lose control and before you know it sons will be fornicating, daughters will be working and they will all be listening to the Rock and/or Roll!

My son needed a suit for a school function, so we checked the Salvation Army thrift store. We found a Georgio Armani suit that fit perfectly for a mere $7.00!

I just happened to stop at my fav. Goodwill last night as my daughtern and I were driving past it to go to a play. I got a hand blown vase(looks a little crooked tall glass which I LOVE) for $2 that matches my witches ball. I also got a plastic bead box and a few semiprecious beads still inside for $3. I put it out yesterday I wanted to find semi-precious beads,and I did find a few. Now I just need to say "I want to find a massive amount of beads". :)

Archived