IGNORED

Kidist from Cameraluc Shares Her Hate Mail

GolightlyGrrl

I had a student nearly in tears today because I was making the whole class sing the alto part. Not sure why, but it insulted her to have to sing alto... (middle school)

Not to de-rail the thread, but this cracked me up. Wolfie, I so remember feeling the same way about alto in middle school. It's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure I cried when the teacher assigned me alto. I remember distinctly feeling embarassed and that it was "less feminine" than my soprano friends. I somehow took being an alto as an attack on my femininity. I was a weird child. I realize now that's completely ridiculous, but it felt legit to me as an overly-dramatic middle school girl. As a fellow teacher I just wanted to give you a little insight into your students misguided thought process :lol: .

Not to de-rail the thread, but this cracked me up. Wolfie, I so remember feeling the same way about alto in middle school. It's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure I cried when the teacher assigned me alto. I remember distinctly feeling embarassed and that it was "less feminine" than my soprano friends. I somehow took being an alto as an attack on my femininity. I was a weird child. I realize now that's completely ridiculous, but it felt legit to me as an overly-dramatic middle school girl. As a fellow teacher I just wanted to give you a little insight into your students misguided thought process :lol: .

I have no doubt that there was a reason, I just don't remember acting that worked up about something when my teachers made me sing soprano. I was patient, but as a teacher it's really frustrating and as I told her, I understand that it bothers her, but it is good to learn notes out of your normal vocal range..... And that there wasn't a choice.

I'm a music teacher, too, and she's full of crap. Just because you've studied some arts for 10 years or so, you are not an expert and more brilliant than those who devote their lives to their art. I have a friend who also plays professionally in the US and Europe, and blind auditions are standard on both continents. And strong enough to play percussion? Give me a break. I guarantee you, except for crash cymbals, most of the part you actually lift is pretty light. (And cymbals are no heavier than a tenor sax.)

Weirdly, though, her art reminds me a bit of Hitler's. It's strangely flat, technical (without being good, IYKWIM), and completely off-putting. I can't explain why, but I get the same feeling from hers as his.

My worry is that she will go postal at a Symphony concert. This woman is frightening.

What a shithead...I read the commentary about her neighbourhood and know exactly where she's at....it absolutely fucking scares me that she apparently has taught ESL to Asian people. She seems to think that First Nations and the marginalized are new to that area? Huh?

Methinks her own disappointment/lack of success as an artist/musician has driven her to find racist reasons for the success of others.

THIS!!

I detect a lot of bitterness (beyond the usual bigotry) in Kidist's posts. I have a feeling she was raised in privilege and was convinced she was the most special snowflake ever! However, she went out in the real world and people just weren't impressed. And instead of putting her big girl panties on and coping with it, Kidist allowed herself to be a hateful wretch.

Add me to the list of GTA people who are shocked and appalled to share an area code with this racist piece of shite.

She must not be a successful musician because she has no soul. No one with the soul of a musician would ever worry about the ethnicity of the person producing the music.

The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is world class. I live just outside Toronto and I cannot afford to go to their concerts often. Fortunately, in my area we have the Ontario Philharmonic and they are also amazing. They are also quite multi-ethnic.

So Fuck you Kidist. I can't believe you are really from Toronto. One of the nicest multi-racial cities ever.

Add me to the list of GTA people who are shocked and appalled to share an area code with this racist piece of shite.

She must not be a successful musician because she has no soul. No one with the soul of a musician would ever worry about the ethnicity of the person producing the music.

The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is world class. I live just outside Toronto and I cannot afford to go to their concerts often. Fortunately, in my area we have the Ontario Philharmonic and they are also amazing. They are also quite multi-ethnic.

So Fuck you Kidist. I can't believe you are really from Toronto. One of the nicest multi-racial cities ever.

I've heard really great things about Toronto. Too bad, Kidist is stinking up the place.

I'm a big fan of Margaret Cho. I'd love for her to take Kidist and her racist shit on. Maybe Ms. Cho can dedicate this song to Kidist.

I had a student nearly in tears today because I was making the whole class sing the alto part. Not sure why, but it insulted her to have to sing alto... (middle school)

You would've had me in tears back then, too, even though you would've been right. :lol: It took me a year or two and a lot of Jazz to accept the fact I'd never be a soprano again.

THIS!!

I detect a lot of bitterness (beyond the usual bigotry) in Kidist's posts. I have a feeling she was raised in privilege and was convinced she was the most special snowflake ever! However, she went out in the real world and people just weren't impressed. And instead of putting her big girl panties on and coping with it, Kidist allowed herself to be a hateful wretch.

Apparently, she's from Ethiopia but raised in Toronto. I have no idea if her upbringing was privileged. Perhaps she's dying to show that she's speshul and different than other immigrants, or perhaps the fact that another immigrant group is successful fills her with rage since it makes her own lack of success more apparent. I've known people from minority backgrounds who were racist and/or who had an intense desire to be a part of the majority group, but this is truly over-the-top. It's hard to make much rational sense out of what she's saying, but it seems to go something like "Yoohoo, white Canadians! Despite my looks, I love your culture and am knowledgeable about it. In fact, I love you guys so much that I know you'll appreciate my paranoid rantings about how superior you are and how other races are threatening you by wanting to marry you....oh wait, why are you looking at me like I'm crazy and telling me to get off your property? Don't you appreciate my efforts?" [Aside from having paranoid and obsessive thoughts about the future sex life of her neighbour's toddler, she also writes about how she got booted out of the National Ballet School, and how libertarian blogger Ilana Mercer didn't appreciate her email claiming that Jews were superior to Chinese.]

I'm not an expert on art, but to me, her textile designs just look like ugly tablecloths. I'm sure others must feel the same way, because otherwise she wouldn't be working as a sales clerk years after finishing college.

Apparently, she's from Ethiopia but raised in Toronto. I have no idea if her upbringing was privileged. Perhaps she's dying to show that she's speshul and different than other immigrants, or perhaps the fact that another immigrant group is successful fills her with rage since it makes her own lack of success more apparent. I've known people from minority backgrounds who were racist and/or who had an intense desire to be a part of the majority group, but this is truly over-the-top. It's hard to make much rational sense out of what she's saying, but it seems to go something like "Yoohoo, white Canadians! Despite my looks, I love your culture and am knowledgeable about it. In fact, I love you guys so much that I know you'll appreciate my paranoid rantings about how superior you are and how other races are threatening you by wanting to marry you....oh wait, why are you looking at me like I'm crazy and telling me to get off your property? Don't you appreciate my efforts?" [Aside from having paranoid and obsessive thoughts about the future sex life of her neighbour's toddler, she also writes about how she got booted out of the National Ballet School, and how libertarian blogger Ilana Mercer didn't appreciate her email claiming that Jews were superior to Chinese.]

I'm not an expert on art, but to me, her textile designs just look like ugly tablecloths. I'm sure others must feel the same way, because otherwise she wouldn't be working as a sales clerk years after finishing college.

I'm assuming Kidist grew up in relative privilege because she was provided music, dance and art lessons, which aren't exactly cheap. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, Kidist mentioned her aunt paid her way to NYC and treated her to a night of the symphony.

Re: Kidist's textiles. Back when I was a kid, I can remember some grocery stores giving away cheap dishes and mugs if you spent a certain amount of money on your purchases. Kidist's textiles remind me of the patterns on this cheap-ass shit.

And Kidist is so wrong about bellydancing:

http://kpasrat.blogspot.com/search/labe ... ly%20Dance

Here is the truth about bellydancing:

http://popcorninmybra.blogspot.com/2008 ... ncing.html

Has she never heard Yo-Yo Ma play the cello?

He obviously would have been better if he'd been white :roll:

Just to be clear, I studied piano since I was five years old. At ten I took up the violin for about five years. I started singing in classical choirs singing sacred music (as a soprano, and sometimes as a soloist) since I was ten, and continued well into my twenties. So, my observations weren't mere opinions.

Well, aren't you a special racist little snowflake.

Her photography is terrible too - shockingly so, for someone with so much bravado. She really has no eye at all. I'm no photographer, but hers look like the sorts of photos I wouldn't even bother saving, let alone putting up on a website as "art". Maybe all those years of training didn't do much for her because she's always just "known" that she's better than everyone else and doesn't have to listen to instruction.

Wow. Her real first name is Kidist. I thought it was a typo for "kinist."

Her photography is terrible too - shockingly so, for someone with so much bravado. She really has no eye at all. I'm no photographer, but hers look like the sorts of photos I wouldn't even bother saving, let alone putting up on a website as "art". Maybe all those years of training didn't do much for her because she's always just "known" that she's better than everyone else and doesn't have to listen to instruction.

Yep, her photos look like something you would delete off your digital camera for being too 'meh.' I took a black and white photography class in college, and my amateurish efforts were much better than Kidist's photographs.

Archived