IGNORED

Does Jordyn still not talk???

FJismyheadship

While I agree it might be good to have Jordyn checked or tested, lack of talking doesn't necessarily mean anything. My great-nephew hardly spoke a word until he was about 3-1/2 and then it's like he exploded and was talking in full sentences overnight and hasn't shut up since. Sometimes his mother longs for a day or two of silence.

Honestly, after the day I've had, I swear if I have another kid, I am NOT teaching it to talk...EVER!!!!!

Joking aside, I wonder if it's easier for the family if the littler ones don't talk, walk, etc...

This is why it pissed me off so badly when Stark Raving Mad Mommy, who has four kids with various special needs, was all "I LOVE THE DUGGARS." Like, okay, cool, you spend a huge amount of your time and money caring and lobbying for your special needs kids, and they pass their kids off to uneducated children and refuse to get them any sort of help or assistance. Cool! People have such cognitive dissonance over the Duggars.

I was one of those kids that didn't talk. It was because I was the youngest in a family with 4 adults and all I had to do was point and grunt. One day, I started, and then I never shut up. :D

Me too! I was the first grandchild, and spent a lot of time at my grandparents' house with them and my still-living-at-home aunts and uncles, so all I had to do was point and grunt and they'd give me whatever I wanted. I did eventually start talking (I don't know how old I was), but when I started kindergarten my teacher sent me to speech therapy because she couldn't understand a word I said.

If I were Jordyn, the only thing I'd be practicing is my 'how to give the finger skills', because that would be all I'd be doing in that household.

I didn't talk until I was 3 or 4, but never went to speech therapy (at least that I can recall). The only thing odd about how I speak is my accent, apparently. I lived in England for a few years starting at age 4.

One should look at Jennifer, who's 4, to see how far Jordyn has to go speech-wise. Jennifer's speech is barely understandable.

Jennifer is way more troubling because I think she's at least 15 or 16 months older than Jordyn. If she's not doing any THs in the next series of shows, odds are there is a real problem. TLC loves the showcase the cute things the tots say.

I was flipping through channels the other morning and came across a talking head with Hannie when she was 3, speaking clearly and making sense.

I think Josie's birth and all that ensued caused more chaos and disruption in the lives of the kids than we can imagine. But of course, the DQ still wouldn’t put the brakes on.

Driving Miss Duggar, It was in March of 2010 IIRC.....

LMBqyPbljxw

This scene? (Starting around 3:15) I never found it to be all that odd, but I do agree that Mum and Dad quiver probably didn't approve...

Jennifer is way more troubling because I think she's at least 15 or 16 months older than Jordyn. If she's not doing any THs in the next series of shows, odds are there is a real problem. TLC loves the showcase the cute things the tots say.

I was flipping through channels the other morning and came across a talking head with Hannie when she was 3, speaking clearly and making sense.

I think this is the key here. Find Hannie TH's at ages 3, 4, and 5 and contrast that with Jennifer at the same ages (and Jordyn as well). It's been said before that Hannie comes across as very intelligent (she taught herself to read). I'll cut Jordyn a little break since she just turned 3. But Jennifer will be 5 in August. She hasn't really had a TH at this point.

Archived