IGNORED

Tonight's Meal - Non Fundie Style

theologygeek

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had leftover King Ranch Chicken with bagged salad and homemade vinaigrette. The casserole was not fundy because I made a roux and used fresh veggies instead of multiple Cream of XXX soups. I guess the idea of leftovers is pretty non-fundy too.

Soba noodles with shitake mushrooms, tofu, broccoli, and teriyaki sauce. Super easy because I was tired, and cheap because I'm broke right now! Fundies could so make this if they wanted to.

I made roasted brussel sprouts for the first time. Loved them. Served with a small chicken breast.

Tonight I just had scrambled eggs with onions, green pepper, and shredded cheese. I eat eggs a lot because they are so cheap, even though I buy the cage-free eggs. I don't know why fundies don't pick more meat alternatives because they're just so much cheaper.

I love eggs, but sadly, it goes against the less fat in 2012 resolution. lol I have a confession to make. I just stuck my finger in the sugar to have a taste. This resolution crap is already getting on my nerves.

Mondays are a Ballet day for me, so the husband and kids were left to their own devices while I danced. I came home to enjoy a slice of leftover cold veggie pizza,(two actually) and have a glass of wine, when my husband bathed our kids and put them to bed. Tomorrow I'll make up for it with baked chicken marinated in a wine sauce my 10 year old created, and home canned green beans, with home baked cookies for dessert.

We had homemade chicken and dumplings. (Chicken breast, fresh carrots, potatoes, garlic, and onions, bay leaves, chicken broth, homemade cream of chicken soup- not canned, bay leaves, poultry seasoning, and cornstarch. The dumplings are flour, cheddar cheese, cornmeal, baking powder, egg, milk, butter.) Yum!

corn tortillas stuck in the oven on a cookie sheet until toasted, then an egg cracked on each one, cooked until just set, then cheese on top. I left it in there until the cheese melted. Then I took them out, added salsa, fresh cilantro, avocado and greek yogurt. MMMMM, with the gooey yolks broken and all mixed up.

(and they are home raised eggs, so really good yolks.)

We had homemade chicken and dumplings. (Chicken breast, fresh carrots, potatoes, garlic, and onions, bay leaves, chicken broth, homemade cream of chicken soup- not canned, bay leaves, poultry seasoning, and cornstarch. The dumplings are flour, cheddar cheese, cornmeal, baking powder, egg, milk, butter.) Yum!

I made roasted brussel sprouts for the first time. Loved them. Served with a small chicken breast.

It's awesome! When I married my husband, he said his favorite meal was chicken and dumplings, his mom used to make it. I tried a few recipes before I got this one but they just weren't cutting it. Then I got this one from a friend and it was a winner! I would be happy to give you the recipe!

All these meals are making me hungry.

I had cheap steak (tenderized the shit out of it), buttered potatoes, and lima beans. I forgot the mushrooms that were going to be sauteed.

I got ready to make pulled pork sandwiches.

Ingredients

7 cup of Apple Cider vinegar

4 tbs Tabasco sauce

3 tbs peper flakes

3 tbs garlic powder

1/4 cup salt

3/4 cup sugar

6 lb pork roast

1 head lettuce

1 onion

whole wheat buns

Tonight I made the marinade.

Mix Apple Cider vinegar, Tabasco sauce, crushed peper flakes, garlic powder, sugar and salt together. Let stand overnight.

Tomorrow Morning:

Put pork roast, 7 cups marinade and 1 chopped onion in the crock pot and let cook on low for 8 hours

After its finished cooking, remove liquid and pull pork apart with two forks.

Add back a little of the marinade to keep pork moist

Make slaw right before serving

Chop up cabbage into 1 inch cubes (you can add carrots and fennel rout for added flavor).

Add enough of the marinade to wet vegetables

For each sandwich add 4 oz pork and 2 oz slaw to a bun.

These are all wonderful meals. I hope a fundie with a boat load of kids reads this thread and thinks about what they're doing to their children. Not only are they under feeding their children, but they are giving their kids crap food. I don't mind my tax dollars going to a fundie who needs food stamps, even though they won't stop having kids they obviously can't afford. I'd rather see children eating right, as well as eating enough. Take the food stamps, so you can feed your children properly.

Last night I was ill and miserable, so I sauteed up some italian sausage, diced a green pepper, and made my lady an egg scramble. Tore up some bread and rinsed out some fresh baby lettuce (yay cold frames!) and she poured a bucket of ranch on it, so it was her favorite dinner ever.

Cooking for her is very, very easy.

I had to exchange a pair of shoes with my mini-mes in tow. So, we stopped at the Fundie approved Chick-Fil-A.

THey have good diet lemonade, so I had that. The kids each had a chicken nugget meal with fries and a diet coke. (They both like Diet Coke for some reason.)

We had oven-fried pork chops, mashed potatoes with gravy, home-canned green beans, and home-canned applesauce.

Tonight, baked tilapia, the rest of the green beans and applesauce, and twice-baked potatoes.

Neither meal is fundy approved, there are no cream soups or store-canned products involved.

I had leftover Chinese take-out. Beef with pea pods on pork fried rice. I ate that for three days and am glad it is gone. The craving was satisfied on Saturday when I picked it up, but I can't eat that much at once. I'm very much looking forward to tonight's planned meal. Chicken tortilla soup that I made & froze a month ago, topped with avocado, shredded cheese, cilantro and sour cream.

You know, my MIL raised six large young men who worked on commercial fishing boats and in sawmills and lumber yards, plus feeding a husband who worked just as hard, all while battling multiple respiratory issues. She would never have considered feeding them Chickenetti. She did use boxed and canned things, but she paid attention to taste, for crying out loud. And food groups! It isn't that hard to shop for sales on frozen veggie blends and throw a bag or two into the microwave while the rest of dinner is cooking.

We went to a friend's house where the stay-at-home-dad cooked us cheesy broccoli soup. I brought a bottle of red wine and a loaf of bread. Then the men ran out to the liquor store for brandy and orange curacao and then the aforementioned SAHDad made us all crepes suzette for dessert.

Archived