IGNORED

What's Going On With Zach and Sarah ?

Turning-A-New-Leaf

s, there are homeschoolers out there who do a terrible job -- I knew quite a few of them growing up, but don't tar everyone with that brush.

Exactly. ATI/IBLP "Gothard" families are NOT normal Christian families--even for homeschool families. And, many public schools fail kids every day!

And, many public schools fail kids every day!

Yes, yes, yes. I remember reading an article a few years ago about how a rather huge percentage (I can't remember--10 to 15% maybe?) of kids at my hometown's main highschool were 'grauating' but couldn't even read at a first grade level or do math beyond very basic addition and subtraction. That, combined with extreme gang violence and lots of teenage pregnancy, bullying, and drug use... Oh, but homeschoolers are the ones who suffer and come out "socially awkward"! :roll:

I don't see the Bates or Reith families permitting Zach to move to Sarah's family after the marriage. It would go against the rigidly-enforced gender roles, regardless of economics or practicality.

I wonder if Sarah will be permitted to work after the marriage and before children -- maybe giving music lessons? Such a wase ...

Well Pete Bradrick moved to Wake Forest to work for his father in law Scott Brown. So if the Reiths can offer Zach any kind of job I can totally see him doing that.

Does anyone know how old Sarah is, and how long their musical group has been around? I think Zach is 23 now..while still young to me, is a better age to marry than Josh and Anna, who were both just 20 at the time. I wonder what Sarah's parents do for a living.

Although homeschooling CAN be done well, in ATI circles it rarely is. When the Bible + Wisdom Books are your only curriculum, you are NOT getting a good education.

Archived