IGNORED

Blog incomes?

makepeace

Depends on a lot of factors. Most blog ads are sold CPM (cost per mille), so you get paid per thousand clicks or impressions.

My personal blog's ads (totally non-fundie related... eek.) are sold through an agency and we get paid a fee per impression (1,000 page views). I'd rather not say what our rate or traffic is, but considering the amount of traffic I assume some of the fundie bloggers have, it can be a significant income. I know many non-fundie bloggers who make their living from blogging and it can be a pretty healthy income at that—almost 6-figures for a few that I know.

A blog like "The Pioneer Woman" makes a ridiculous amount of money. A modest "this is my life, I made bread today" blog with a few followers, not so much.

A blog like "The Pioneer Woman" makes a ridiculous amount of money. A modest "this is my life, I made bread today" blog with a few followers, not so much.

Yep, the New Yorker estimated Pioneer Woman's income at something like $800,000 per annum.

Obviously my blog is nowhere near her size, but we still pad our income a bit with it, and I'm sure most of the fundie families make about the same, if not more.

The general rule of thumb is you can make $.50-$1 per 100 unique visitors (not page views) to a blog if you use an ad service like BlogHer. If you have a large reader base, like blogs like Pioneer Woman, you can make significantly more if you broker your own ads.

Ad services tend to be on a pay per click type arrangement, which means you only make money if someone clicks on your advertisement. Ads you broker yourself tend to be on a cost per 1000 impressions basis.

The general rule of thumb is you can make $.50-$1 per 100 unique visitors (not page views) to a blog if you use an ad service like BlogHer. If you have a large reader base, like blogs like Pioneer Woman, you can make significantly more if you broker your own ads.

Ad services tend to be on a pay per click type arrangement, which means you only make money if someone clicks on your advertisement. Ads you broker yourself tend to be on a cost per 1000 impressions basis.

Not totally true. We're with Federated Media (a big agency) and we're paid per 1,000 impressions, not visitors or clicks. Obviously it varies though.

Archived