IGNORED

seems like a confirmation to me

charmedjenny

Would a mohel DO a bris for a messianic couple? especially one who um, never really converted to ANY mainline branch of Judaism? The Mohel who did our son's needed to know my husband's and my Hebrew names. TT and Lina don't HAVE them.

I read this article: forward . com/articles/12351/

And then this: ffoz . org/blogs/2008/01/looking_for_a_mohel.html

Also, the article objectively states the reasons for believers’ need for circumcision—not as an undercover evangelistic ruse, but simply in obedience to God’s Word.

Yea, that wasn't my take away from the article at all.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would a mohel DO a bris for a messianic couple? especially one who um, never really converted to ANY mainline branch of Judaism? The Mohel who did our son's needed to know my husband's and my Hebrew names. TT and Lina don't HAVE them.

There is probably a messianic mohel at their messianic church/temple that does them.

Sorry if i offended anyone. I didn't mean to imply that there is anything wrong with having a gender preference. I just meant that Lina and TT's preference for a boy probably comes from their patriarchal worldview that diminishes the value of girls and women.

You sure didn't offend me and I doubt anyone else was offended. ;)

Well, apparently TT still looks like a big skeeve.

Can anyone guess how far along she is given the fact she's consulted a birth centre? I don't know much about these things, but I'm guessing it's something you do later on in pregnancy?

Just had a bit more of a look around the FB page. This stood out from the description:

CTBC offers women and their partners holistic, family centered care through pregnancy, birth, and parenting.

I know "holistic has more than one meaning, but I really hope this means they aren't into homoeopathy and woo-woo crystal shit. Or, at least when it turns out that their massive headed 10lb preemie is too big to fight its way between precious Lina's slender hips, they have the sense to get some real nurses and doctors involved :/

ETA: looked up their website, they look legit.

Well, apparently TT still looks like a big skeeve.

Can anyone guess how far along she is given the fact she's consulted a birth centre? I don't know much about these things, but I'm guessing it's something you do later on in pregnancy?

She probably uses a midwife at the center for pre-natal care, which starts very soon after finding out you're pregnant.

I dunno. Kim at Life in a Shoe posted about having a rabbi do her son's circumcision and she doesn't even pretend to be remotely Jewish. Although a mohel might be more cool with circumcising a non-Jewish boy than putting on a pretend bris for a bunch of messianic fakers.

ETA: And TT did give himself the name Azariah... There's no reason why Lina hasn't given herself a Hebrew name by this point.

I dunno. Kim at Life in a Shoe posted about having a rabbi do her son's circumcision and she doesn't even pretend to be remotely Jewish. Although a mohel might be more cool with circumcising a non-Jewish boy than putting on a pretend bris for a bunch of messianic fakers.

ETA: And TT did give himself the name Azariah... There's no reason why Lina hasn't given herself a Hebrew name by this point.

\

Most mohels are prediatricians- the one I used for my son he said that if my son wasn't healthy enough to do it on the 8th day, that we'd have the ceremony anyways and he'd do the actual circumcision in his office once my son was ready. (My son was good to go at 8 days, but a friend of mine's baby wasn't). I know folks who are not Jewish, but had a mohel do it in the pediatrician's office because they felt more comfortable with someone who does a lot of them. I'm assuming he didn't do the blessings and naming and such, just did the procedure.

And every time I see TT's "hebrew" name, I think of the cat from the smurfs that was named after a demon- Azrael.....

Most mohels are prediatricians- the one I used for my son he said that if my son wasn't healthy enough to do it on the 8th day, that we'd have the ceremony anyways and he'd do the actual circumcision in his office once my son was ready. (My son was good to go at 8 days, but a friend of mine's baby wasn't). I know folks who are not Jewish, but had a mohel do it in the pediatrician's office because they felt more comfortable with someone who does a lot of them. I'm assuming he didn't do the blessings and naming and such, just did the procedure.

And every time I see TT's "hebrew" name, I think of the cat from the smurfs that was named after a demon- Azrael.....

I think of the baby the dingo took.

As for circumcision, we didn't do it but I know a few non Jews who used a mohel (apparently it's a little bit more gentle than the crush&cut method).

I think of the baby the dingo took.

As for circumcision, we didn't do it but I know a few non Jews who used a mohel (apparently it's a little bit more gentle than the crush&cut method).

Yup, anyone I know who is going to have it done who isn't Jewish, I hand them our mohel's business card and say "it costs the same to have it done in his office. Do it through him... TRUST ME".

It's too bad you all couldn't wait until I announced it publicly after three months had passed. But that's okay, I ended up announcing it after the 9th week. I simply couldn't wait! When I posted the Simple Woman's Daybook with the yellow rose picture and the Hebrew Baby book in the background, I was still too early in my cycle to have known for sure. But, I did have my suspicions, as did a few of you :)

The only post on AJ and Lina's wall I can see...

AJ N Paulina

‎14 weeks and 3 days pregnant today! I am still eagerly waiting for my belly to grow large enough for maternity clothes ;) I know I must be patient! A question for moms - how many weeks along were you when you first began to show? ~Paulina

Share · 48 minutes ago near Austin, TX ·

Well, congratulations, but forgive me for being a bit skeptical that this is really Lina. Why would you close down your blog to keep our noses out of your business - which is absolutely fine of course - and then come back and post here.

Oh, by the way, that was me who commented on my midwife's post on the FB Central Texas Birth Center page. I do SO hope we have a boy. It is my husband and parents' wish as well as my own. But, of course, we will be happy with whatever God sends us!

And we know you are really Lina because?

Here's a good way to prove to me you are who you say you are. Several months ago I corresponded with you via email. Please post Amil Zola's email address or any correspondence you had with me :lol:

She must be reading FJ:

14 weeks and 3 days pregnant today! I am still eagerly waiting for my belly to grow large enough for maternity clothes ;) I know I must be patient! A question for moms - how many weeks along were you when you first began to show? ~Paulina

Thanks, Lina

ETA: Damn, this list is lively. When I wrote this obviously redundant post there were only a few posts up.

Well, congratulations, but forgive me for being a bit skeptical that this is really Lina. Why would you close down your blog to keep our noses out of your business - which is absolutely fine of course - and then come back and post here.

Good question, Flora! I am free to do whatever I so desire, am I not? I closed down my blog for many reasons...the harassment from this group being one of them. But I figured now that A Set Apart Life is no longer up, I could come over here with the free time that I have and have a civil conversation with you all. After all, when lies are being spread about you, it can be a little disheartening (and a bit humorous as well, I might add).

Edited :

I am posting in weird places today........anyone else having issues?!

Back OT

And we know you are really Lina because?

Here's a good way to prove to me you are who you say you are. Several months ago I corresponded with you via email. Please post Amil Zola's email address or any correspondence you had with me :lol:

Certainly :)

Amil Zola's email address - reply2experienced@gmail.com

Wouldn't the real Lina have said Hashem or Yahweh or something? Or put a star in God so she is not profaning it?

Can you clear up on what lies you think were being spread? Speculating, by the way, is not spreading lies.

Archived