IGNORED

A Ron Williams Sychophant defends Hephzibah House

Brainsample

There seems to be a lot of people willing to talk about the Hepzibah case, but not a lot of direct action. I get that the legal and political situation is different, but everything I read about them seems so defeatist.

I'd like to see someone like Louis Theroux get on the case. They need someone mainstream to give the survivors some coverage and maybe drum up some interest in getting them some high quality legal advice.

How do we do that?

If people in the US scroll up to that entry where I used the huge font, if they click on that link, they can inform their congressman about the HR 911 which is kind of floating around without any activity. That will seriously change how these groups work.

This is just one of many homes. There was reclamation ranch. If I recall correctly, I think they found leg irons there that they used to discipline kids. In NC, they beat young men with PVC pipes. The thinking is that these children are creatures of no worth, and it works to beat the sin out of them. (Funny, but I thought protestants believed that only the transforming power of the Holy Spirit and the Blood of Jesus could do that.)

If we can get these homes to fall under a federal guideline and some limited regulation, there will be a mechanism for these people incarcerated in these homes to get help.

As Kathryn Joyce pointed out in that Mother Jones article from August, Missouri is another really awful state which allows more room for these homes to operate.

... I thought protestants believed that only the transforming power of the Holy Spirit and the Blood of Jesus could do that...

@ Brainsample

Nail on the head!

Absolutely, the replacement of this "lynchpin" doctrine of Christianity with a bunch of destructive garbage is exactly what is wrong with these facilities, and it is what is wrong with the Pearls' garbage (I think we talked about that already), and it is what is wrong with Gothardism, and pretty much most of the fundy-ism that we snark about on here. Basically, in these folks' minds, the New Testament does not exist. And they replace God with themselves.

It's a mighty poor replacement.

Let's see, We have sent an information packet to NancyGrace. Oprah contacted us but then decided to do a show on anything else. Dr Phil was going to do a show, we made plans, cleared our schedules and chose our three required outfits~but he never got back to us. I have contacted Lawyers, talked to the FBI, stood in front of the courthouse three times in public protest.

We organized a task force for concerned Indiana residents to get involved through the police station, sent in notarized statements from all over the country to the Warsaw police. Made personal statements to the local police, met with child protective services.

We had a meeting with Dave Wolkins the state rep, we tracked down all of the public records and property holding of the Williams, wrote letters to every representative or senator or health dept official we could track down.

We contributed to writing the bill Hr911, we started blogs and networks for healing and information. We have had entire blogs started for the sole purpose of exposing anything in our personal lives that make us "not credible witnesses"

..........and yet,

Right now as we speak, in a quaint little town in Indiana. Ron Williams has somewhere between 4 and 15 minor children LOCKED in his basement and no one will stop him. I wake up most nights from nightmares because I continue to fail those children. I know first hand what a monster Ron Williams is and yet I still cannot free those girls. They are not safe, they are in danger and I will take any lawful suggestions for how to proceed.

Yes, I feel defeated.

Just in case my screen name is not crystal clear I am Susan Grotte resident of HH from 1981-1983.

Let's see, We have sent an information packet to NancyGrace. Oprah contacted us but then decided to do a show on anything else. Dr Phil was going to do a show, we made plans, cleared our schedules and chose our three required outfits~but he never got back to us. I have contacted Lawyers, talked to the FBI, stood in front of the courthouse three times in public protest.

We organized a task force for concerned Indiana residents to get involved through the police station, sent in notarized statements from all over the country to the Warsaw police. Made personal statements to the local police, met with child protective services.

We had a meeting with Dave Wolkins the state rep, we tracked down all of the public records and property holding of the Williams, wrote letters to every representative or senator or health dept official we could track down.

We contributed to writing the bill Hr911, we started blogs and networks for healing and information. We have had entire blogs started for the sole purpose of exposing anything in our personal lives that make us "not credible witnesses"

..........and yet,

Right now as we speak, in a quaint little town in Indiana. Ron Williams has somewhere between 4 and 15 minor children LOCKED in his basement and no one will stop him. I wake up most nights from nightmares because I continue to fail those children. I know first hand what a monster Ron Williams is and yet I still cannot free those girls. They are not safe, they are in danger and I will take any lawful suggestions for how to proceed.

Yes, I feel defeated.

Just in case my screen name is not crystal clear I am Susan Grotte resident of HH from 1981-1983.

It's a shame no one with a big profile has bitten yet, but I think there is reasonable hope that someone will. With all that's been in the news over the last few months with Anderson Cooper taking a look at the Pearls and the youtube of poor Hillary being beaten senseless by her father, it seems like the public's interest in child abuse is piqued a bit. . .

..........and yet,

Yes, I feel defeated.

I really do hope something is done. The only good thing that has occured was Anderson Cooper doing a few segments on the Pearls and Hephzibah House. I know a few talk shows have become suddenly interested but it's time for them to take a serious interest in HH. What they're doing to those girls is ABUSE, whether HH wants to believe it or not. They use God as their excuse to treat girls like slaves, which is unacceptable and disgusting.

I'm beginning to wonder if that's the reason why a few fundie places, HH and IBLP, are headquarted in Indiana, since they know they can get away from government interference.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived