IGNORED

A Botkin cousin's thoughtful blog post

Marian the Librarian

Wow, all awards to Katie Botkin for calling out her cousins' foolishness!

I also found the post on sociopaths/courtship highly interesting. I couldn't help but wonder if she was perhaps talking from personal experience. Like maybe her ex was a sociopath? Also....I'm wondering if she might feel that Uncle Geoff fits the description of a sociopath? Hmmm...

Wow, all awards to Katie Botkin for calling out her cousins' foolishness!

I also found the post on sociopaths/courtship highly interesting. I couldn't help but wonder if she was perhaps talking from personal experience. Like maybe her ex was a sociopath? Also....I'm wondering if she might feel that Uncle Geoff fits the description of a sociopath? Hmmm...

It was reported, complete with pictures in May 2011, on Katie's sister's blog that Botkin clan east visited Botkin clan west.

That could have been a prompter for the sociopath piece which appeared in August. In the photos of that visit, Geoff looked nuts and his brother looked uncomfortable. Katie appeared bored. Audrey looked to be trying too hard. AS & E were shown suitably occupied with the cousin's baby. I would liked to have heard the discussion once the easterners left.

Huh? I see where she writes that they wrote in the front for her. I have several books from family members that have notes to me written inside the front cover.

Yeah, 'inscribed' means they scrawled 'To Katie with love and affection and hopes that you will read this book and get back into the house where you belong, all best wishes, A-S&E' on the title page.

Wow, they gave it to her for a Christmas present. It's possible they had to buy the copy - I got a few free copies of my own books but the rest had to be purchased - but even so, jeez, could they have found something a little less obvious?

Yeah, 'inscribed' means they scrawled 'To Katie with love and affection and hopes that you will read this book and get back into the house where you belong, all best wishes, A-S&E' on the title page.

Wow, they gave it to her for a Christmas present. It's possible they had to buy the copy - I got a few free copies of my own books but the rest had to be purchased - but even so, jeez, could they have found something a little less obvious?

Exactly. A book that chirps about the biblical virtues of keeping oneself down, at home, and subservient to father and brothers, given to a 30 year-old woman who has an interesting and well-established career, travels the world, experience with men (NOT "boys," dammit!!!), and is basically everything the authors are not.

Sheesh.

Archived