IGNORED

Why Are The Girls Dressed In The Same Style But Not The Men

debrand

The shiny! Historically incorrect, of course, but it shows every figure flaw as well. And isn't candlelight supposed to be romantic because it casts a luminous glow (I feel like I'm quoting Miss Jocelyn)? There is no luminous glow when your polyestor casts more brash than the candlelight.

You all need to look no further than the animal kingdom, to the birds created by The Lord, for the why. Who has the bright feathers, the male or the female peafowl? The pea-COCK, ladies. Women should be modestly and less brightly plumed because, if it is good enough for the God created birds, it is good enough for us. Incidentally, female birds are less brightly colored, as they tend to blend in with the environment of their nest for camouflage. In the fundies case, they wear matching frumpers in dark colors to match their drapes and pots and pans, whereas the male fundie has bright polo shirts to attract a potential mate.

Some of the men in those pictures are wearing "Regency" clothing. I put that in quotes because it is inaccurate. Most of them seem to be wearing loose, puffy breeches. Nope, nope, nope! Mens breeches and trousers (for trousers came into fashion around that time) were TIGHT. Take a peek at the first image on the Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regency_fashions on Regency fashion (the one of a family playing checkers) and you'll see how tight trousers were. If you scroll down to the menswear section, there are more pictures. Again, all the pictures that show the full body have tight breeches or trousers.

Of course, to a person of the Regency era, many of those women were wearing ridiculously high-cut gowns, especially the young women. Regency people liked boobies, and young unmarried women showed them off, especially in their evening wear. And then, of course, is their hair... :roll:

I so get what you are saying that the men need to be dressed like this;

1112pax.png

muetxy.jpg

2wq8lkg.jpg

Ok, that last one was just for my viewing pleasure.

The name Woltersdorf sounds familiar. Do we follow this family? blogger.com/profile/17563535930010302969 She commented on the website. Is it Josiah's sister maybe?

I'm small-busted and always thought the opposite. Regency dresses because they cling tightly to a very small part of my anatomy seem to make my hips look enormous. I love period costumes though. Any ideas for an era that would look more flattering on my body type?

You're small busted and wide-hipped? Try Georgian (as in, 1750s-1790s) clothing. Flat chests were fashionable, necklines were square, and women wore panniers to make them look like they had wide hips. Not so much with bustles to make big butts, that came later. Of course, wide panniers have the effect of making the butt vanish.

Basically, look for pictures of Marie Antoinette or women from the American Revolutionary period.

Of course, you'd have to deal with gigantic hairdos. The hair of this period (especially for women) got absurd. This time period was the last hurrah of the men's wig.

The name Woltersdorf sounds familiar. Do we follow this family? blogger.com/profile/17563535930010302969 She commented on the website. Is it Josiah's sister maybe?

This is JosiahW's sister. Although I found the blog from following a link to his blog and than another link from that blog, I thought this site was for another family. :think:

JosiahW is the young man who defended stoning homosexuals.

Archived