IGNORED

ThatWife's taking down posts...

MotoMamaMess

Yeah, I know. I was desperate with my daughter; her newborn hair had all fallen out by then and she had nothing to replace it. She is 4 yo now with a head of thick, wavy hair that curls into ringlets at the end, that I just cut from waist to just below her shoulders. So it seems silly now.

Slightly OT, but don't forget that if you pull out a gray/white hair, 2 more will grow in its place. If that were true, bald men the world over would be plucking every last strand of hair they had left on their heads in hopes of growing back more hair.

Isn't she also increasing her risk of infection by using that thing? I think my first son ended up getting an infection because the stupid nurse kept checking me to see how far dilated I was. I had also tested positive for B-strep and had several hours between my water breaking and getting an IV with antibiotics. I really didn't like that nurse. And being checked to see how far along you are without any pain meds is fucking painful. Once the epidural kicked in, I didn't feel a thing.

My second, however, was drug-free (because the anesthesiologist was in with a c-section and couldn't get to me at that time) and no one checked me. Different hospital, different nurse/doctor/patient culture. As painful as the natural birth was, it was so much better than my first time around, even though that first time I got the drugz. And no infection for me or our son, either.

And now I'll stop with the sharing. :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I found the coochie tightener post, and the rest of the stuff on her incontinence postpartum is easily found when searching using the term postpartum.

/thatwifeblog.com/?s=Epi-No

Ugh!! TW really overshares. I did not need that image.

Archived