IGNORED

ThatWife's taking down posts...

MotoMamaMess

Thanks. That post is made up of all kinds of fail.

12:55 PM

I set him on the couch to squirm while I made myself lunch.

There is something wrong with a system that says mom staying home is the only way to raise children. Some women simply don't have a mothering instinct and don't want to learn the skill. Not everyone is equipped to handle a baby, she could be awesome with him as a preteen or teenager. They should've invested in a nanny, or could put him in a fancy daycare.

8ec4286.jpeg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, using an electric appliance in water is very unsafe. However, why would you shave a very young baby's head anyway? The poor child doesn't have hardly any hair anyway.

Not to defend That Bitch, but is it possible they were joking around? Not that it's a good idea to have an electrical appliance near a baby in a bathtub, but still...it seems weird even for them to shave baby's head.

OTOH, I know in some parts of Eastern Europe it's common to shave your kid's head when they are really little because they believe it will stimulate growth later on. My mom says that a lot of people told her to shave my head when I was a baby (in Russia). Swavek is Polish, so maybe that's what he was doing?

Either way, it's stupid.

Not to defend That Bitch, but is it possible they were joking around? Not that it's a good idea to have an electrical appliance near a baby in a bathtub, but still...it seems weird even for them to shave baby's head.

OTOH, I know in some parts of Eastern Europe it's common to shave your kid's head when they are really little because they believe it will stimulate growth later on. My mom says that a lot of people told her to shave my head when I was a baby (in Russia). Swavek is Polish, so maybe that's what he was doing?

Either way, it's stupid.

No they weren't joking. She was quite serious about shaving his head while he was in a tub of water.

No they weren't joking. She was quite serious about shaving his head while he was in a tub of water.

:doh: :eusa-snooty:

I read through that part of her blog, and I believe she said his hair was growing in funny, so they shaved it to make it grow better? Who cares what an infant's hair looks like!

I read through that part of her blog, and I believe she said his hair was growing in funny, so they shaved it to make it grow better? Who cares what an infant's hair looks like!

Shallow narcissistic parents. This head shaving went on for at least the first year of his life.

Shallow narcissistic parents. This head shaving went on for at least the first year of his life.

Those two idiots deserve each other --- but they should have remained childless. That way they could have just annoyed each other to death, instead of putting their child in danger because he hair "wasn't growing in right," whatever that means. (I don't know if I'm in a minority, or like most parents. I happened to find everything about my infant son incredibly amazing and interesting. Then again, I also believed he deserved to sleep in a good quality crib, in his own bedroom.)

Maybe he's smart enough to have her take down the posts about her peeing all around the apt, wearing diapers postpartum and that weird appliance she used to keep her coochie tight. If he were really smart he'd lock her in the bathroom without cheese and internetz. :lol:

What? Which posts were those??

What? Which posts were those??

The peeing posts were part of the birth story and postpartum reports. The coochie tightener (thatdickheads idea) was in some of her early pregnancy posts.

The peeing posts were part of the birth story and postpartum reports. The coochie tightener (thatdickheads idea) was in some of her early pregnancy posts.

That should have showed her what a shallow dickhead he is! Sorry folks, once you have had a baby you are never quite the same down there. It's just a fact of life. I'm not saying that there isn't tightness or whatever but it will just never be the same as it was. If he can't deal with this he has no business being a husband/father. I don't usually root for people to get a divorce, but she really needs to drop his ass to the curb.

I found the coochie tightener post, and the rest of the stuff on her incontinence postpartum is easily found when searching using the term postpartum.

/thatwifeblog.com/?s=Epi-No

Early in my pregnancy That Husband expressed a strong desire to help me do everything possible to prepare my perineum for birth. I’ve mentioned perineal massage previously, but starting at the 37 week method I started employing a new method, using a German manufactured device called the Epi-No. Several studies have shown this device to be quite effective at preparing the perineum for birth, but the FDA has declined to approve it and so I had to ask a friend in Canada to buy and ship it down to me.

...Once the balloon is inserted and inflated I employ three different techniques. The first is a set of kegels, definitely the most effective kegels I’ve ever done as sometimes when I’m trying to do kegels I’m not sure if I’m using the right muscles or not, and the balloon acts a bit like a guide. I’ll also be doing kegels this way after birth to strengthen my pelvic floor and (hopefully) improve continence after the birth. After my kegels I inflate the balloon as large as I can tolerate, working to learn how to relax with a 7 cm object lodged in my birth canal. After a few minutes it’s time for the part I both despise and love. I attempt to leave the balloon as large as possible and push it out, experiencing just a tiny taste of the “ring of fire†that women who’ve been there talk about. The moment right before the balloon emerges completely is terrifying, but as soon as it’s completely out I breathe a huge sigh or relief, and I swear I even experience a teeny tiny rush of oxytocin. Each night that I work with the Epi-No I try to employ different pain coping techniques, varying the songs I listen to while pushing, working to “breathe†it out more than actively pushing (a la hypnobirthing), relaxing my lips by breathing through them like a horse, using the Epi-No while on my back, on my side, on my knees, etc. I’m hoping I’ll be able to latch on to the right environment and techniques for coping with the pain before baby comes!

Quote:

Early in my pregnancy That Husband expressed a strong desire to help me do everything possible to prepare my perineum for birth.

I have two words for ThatAsshat:

FUCK YOU

A lot of cultures do some sort of ritual hair cut or shaving on infants. I have heard that some view the baby hair as 'unhealthy' while others think it makes the real hair grow in faster.

I have been advised before to trim just the ends of my infant's hair to get it to grow faster. The relative told me to just "rough up the ends a bit." I tried it with my fourth and my daughter was still almost bald at 2 years old, so I can attest that it does not work.

Re: Peeing all over the house on pads like a puppy being house trained...

I had a horrible labor with my second child. It went on for 30 hours and I was barely 1cm. I was in so much pain, all I could say was "f*ck!" over and over and just about break my husband's hand. Now if I had wanted to go pee in the yard to make myself feel better, I would have and dared anyone to say a word. The difference is, I wouldn't let complete strangers on the internet know that I had peed in the yard. There are just some things that people don't need to know.

Since hair grows from the root, not the ends, cutting it will do NOTHING to affect the way it grows, in any fashion. Shaving it off at the scalp won't help at all. No way no how.

I love the way baby hair is, no matter what it looks like.

I found the coochie tightener post, and the rest of the stuff on her incontinence postpartum is easily found when searching using the term postpartum.

/thatwifeblog.com/?s=Epi-No

I had never read this and it is one of THE WEIRDEST things I've ever heard. She practiced pushing a balloon through her vagina over and over while she was pregnant? This chick is BATSHIT.

Since hair grows from the root, not the ends, cutting it will do NOTHING to affect the way it grows, in any fashion. Shaving it off at the scalp won't help at all. No way no how.

I love the way baby hair is, no matter what it looks like.

Yeah, I know. I was desperate with my daughter; her newborn hair had all fallen out by then and she had nothing to replace it. She is 4 yo now with a head of thick, wavy hair that curls into ringlets at the end, that I just cut from waist to just below her shoulders. So it seems silly now.

I had never read this and it is one of THE WEIRDEST things I've ever heard. She practiced pushing a balloon through her vagina over and over while she was pregnant? This chick is BATSHIT.

It wasn't just a balloon it was a $300 appliance. I've only heard of this once and it wasn't with regards to pregnancy. A pal of mine (she's 70 now) was married to a guy that said her vayjay was too loose. (He never considered he may have had a small dick.) Anyhoo he bought her one in the early 60's to help her tighten things up down there...Needless to say she did eventually divorce the asshat.

It wasn't just a balloon it was a $300 appliance. I've only heard of this once and it wasn't with regards to pregnancy. A pal of mine (she's 70 now) was married to a guy that said her vayjay was too loose. (He never considered he may have had a small dick.) Anyhoo he bought her one in the early 60's to help her tighten things up down there...Needless to say she did eventually divorce the asshat.

Good for her.

I don't even understand the logic behind this. I mean, kegels are great for strengthening the pelvic floor but actually pushing a large balloon out over and over? Wouldn't that uh, loosen things up even more? That burning sensation is your vagina STRETCHING - why would she want to stretch it out again and again? Now instead of just giving birth once it's like she gave birth 100 times.

Simple bitch does whatever thatdickhead tells her to do. She must comply to be the perfect wife.

Besides kegels are free...

Does everyone automatically do a kegel when they read the word?

Yes, that's usually the only time I think to do them!

Simple bitch does whatever thatdickhead tells her to do. She must comply to be the perfect wife.

Besides kegels are free...

I do, even though I have the opposite problem

Is it just me, or does that balloon thing sound really freaking dangerous while you are actually 9 months pregnant ???? I seem to vaguely remember from birth class that they told you to not REALLY push, because you don't actually want to be swelling your cervix or getting rid of the plug before the baby is actually ready to come out. And definitely in early labor they tell you not to push yet, so wouldn't late pregnancy, when you might already be a little dilated ... be an incredibly stupid time to be pushing a freaking balloon out ??!

I understand the wanting to prepare so you don't rip .. and I don't think that is necessarily makes her husband a jerk .. but this seems pretty crazy. Of course they are using an electric shaver on a baby in a tub of water.. so common sense is clearly not their strong point.

Archived