IGNORED

ThatWife's taking down posts...

MotoMamaMess

He had been floating in pee soup for months anyway, not like it matters.

:lol: I'm laughing because when I read my 14 week "how is your baby growing" email and saw that baby was now producing urine, which was being released into the amniotic fluid, I told my husband, "Our child is now swimming in its own pee!!!"

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call for volunteers Free Jingers:

I’d Like To Photograph A Birth

filed in Photography

One of my 101 in 1001 goals is to photograph a birth. If you are in the Chicago area (it would need to take me less than 90 minutes to get to you from Hyde Park so I don’t miss it), and giving birth in a birth center or at home between now and May, I will photograph your birth for free, and give you a DVD of the watermark-free images afterward. I’d also be happy to do one during the month of July while I’m living in Utah.

Why a birth center or at home? Because for this project that’s the type of birth I’d like to focus on. For this particular instance I’d like to focus on alternatives to the American norm (if you happen to transfer to the hospital of course I will follow you throughout!) Think of it like a photographer seeking out a red-headed model for a particular concept shoot they have in mind. I’ve photographed one other birth, which was in a hospital, ended up being a c-section and loved taking part in that. Eventually I’d love to expand into making birth photography a small part of Jenna Cole, and this free offer is the beginning of that.

My birth images from Kelli Nicole are so meaningful to me and I want to provide that for other families as well.

Also, in moving to the Bay Area, I think CreepyWife will find that she's way behind in the Education Olympics. "What? You've never done any Mommy & Me?" "Junior just loved his infant swim classes. I was really important to us that he not be afraid of the water." "The best time to start teaching your child another language is before they turn two. You wouldn't believe how fast Sarah has picked up Spanish!" "Have you put T1 on the waiting list yet for Montessori preschool?" And on and on.

For T1's sake I hope for this. While I'm normally not a fan of overstimulating the kids, I think that overstimulation is better than what he's getting.

I'm new here and I had never heard of TW. I looked up the Husband is Not A Jerk post on the Wayback Machine.

All I can say is that when you sell out to be with a man, ANY man, no matter how shitty, because it's better than being single, you're not healthy enough to be in a relationship. She should have started out with a guy who doesn't want to change a thing about her. Now THAT is an amazing relationship. I know; I went from the former to the latter and there's no substitute for a man who accepts all of me - physical characteristics, finances, personal tastes, the lot.

Ok, well my particular antidepressant can't be taken while breast feeding :/ sucks.

That's why I struggled without getting meds- For me, I'm such a total utterly hopeless screw up that breast feeding was THE ONE THING that was going well, that if I had to quit, it would have made it 1000x worse.

I also have ADHD and those meds are DEFINITELY not safe for breastfeeding/pregnancy. I've now been unmedicated for 3 years. I miss being able to THINK STRAIGHT.

I'm not dangerous though, I promised myself, if I started having suicidal ideation or thoughts of hurting the baby, I would say "fuck breastfeeding" and go on meds.

My depression though tends to be situational, once the issue or situation i'm in resolves itself I feel a LOT better. For the PPD, it was struggling to take care of a newborn alone while my husband worked 70+ hours a week. What really helped was I found some mommy friends and started going to La Leche League meetings and cloth diapering mommy clubs. I no longer felt so isolated! so mine was like super mild, but it was there and real and scary.

I may be deranged, but I can't shake the image of some crazy mommy type sitting at a table w/ Elmer's glue, pipe cleaners, construction paper, and a placenta. If I even think of eating it, it makes me gag.

Yep, time for me to go to bed. When I use words like placenta and Elmer's glue in the same sentence I'm usually done for the day!

You forgot the glitter... :P

I think it is her church. Didn't someone turn her in to her local LDS leadership? They may have scolded her for talking shit about her husband (even if she is defending him, the fact remains that she is airing a lot of dirty laundry about her future God and the only key to her afterlife). I doubt they would care so much about the bathroom baby issue, but saying negative things about your husband is a major LDS no-no.

I think it is her church. Didn't someone turn her in to her local LDS leadership? They may have scolded her for talking shit about her husband (even if she is defending him, the fact remains that she is airing a lot of dirty laundry about her future God and the only key to her afterlife). I doubt they would care so much about the bathroom baby issue, but saying negative things about your husband is a major LDS no-no.

Even if her Bishop was a heartless bastard, I think the bad PR caused by warehousing T1 in the bathroom would be enough to earn her a talking to at least. My LDS relatives are horrified by her. Have you discussed her with yours? I am just being nosy.

No, I haven't. They would probably defend her, I imagine, because they are generally involved parents but definitely think the kids' needs come after those of the parents. Big Ezzo fans.

I brought up the Duggars while I was drunk and they seemed a little horrified at my harsh criticism. Or maybe it was at my drunkenness. Who knows?

Over on GOMI TW is offering some sage advice to libraries. I'm still shaking with rage. Don't touch my books, bitch!

I only know a few Mormons (a set of cousins on my mom's side, a friendly acquaintance who used to work in my same building), but I do know they would be horrified at TW's housing her baby in the bathroom, having him sleep in a pak n play, and general lack of interest and interaction with him. They are very loving parents and grandparents, and family definitely comes first. Meaning that most of their activities are family-centered, geared to be enjoyable for the children as well as parents, etc. (I know my field of reference is very small, but the Mormons I know would sleep on the floor and give up their own bed to their children before they'd put them in a bathroom to sleep.)

No, I haven't. They would probably defend her, I imagine, because they are generally involved parents but definitely think the kids' needs come after those of the parents. Big Ezzo fans.

I brought up the Duggars while I was drunk and they seemed a little horrified at my harsh criticism. Or maybe it was at my drunkenness. Who knows?

Wow! I am glad my family didn't involve the Ezzo's or Pearl's in my Stepford Wife Training. Children are actually cherished in my family, but it is deifinitely true the push for girls is to grow up to be the perfect Molly Mormon. The pressure to be perfect is brutal for Mormon women.

I only know a few Mormons (a set of cousins on my mom's side, a friendly acquaintance who used to work in my same building), but I do know they would be horrified at TW's housing her baby in the bathroom, having him sleep in a pak n play, and general lack of interest and interaction with him. They are very loving parents and grandparents, and family definitely comes first. Meaning that most of their activities are family-centered, geared to be enjoyable for the children as well as parents, etc. (I know my field of reference is very small, but the Mormons I know would sleep on the floor and give up their own bed to their children before they'd put them in a bathroom to sleep.)

This is true in my experience too. I have many criticisms about the church, but I have to admit it is in my experience very family focused. Children are valued and enjoyed. Though, clearly that is not always the case...TW is an awful piece of work.

riffle

The Mormons I know both in and outside my family are definitely family-focused, but it is more of a group thing. The kids are expected to sublimate their own needs for those of the family. The parents invest time in the kids, but it is time spent where the parents want and not so much the kids. This is not an entirely bad thing; I am not criticizing. But what TW does with T1 could be seen as fitting into this pattern by some--just by some, not all certainly. Whereas the negative reflections of her husband (even if she means them in a positive way, the fact remains that her words portray him as a jerk) would not be acceptable to any of the Mormons I know.

Her details are a little appalling. But I can't criticize too much because I shared in detail about a miscarriage on a blog. I was just really distraught and felt the need to put it out there how horrible it was. I got a lot of emails after that post with women who had similarly disastrous miscarriages and just felt the need to tell me about it, so I think there is a time and place for it all.

I find some things, like peeing all over the place, appalling though. It isn't so much that she shared, but that she did this stuff in the first place. Again, it's hard to criticize how someone handles birth and generally anything that results in a healthy mom and baby is good with me, but WOW.

Her details are a little appalling. But I can't criticize too much because I shared in detail about a miscarriage on a blog. I was just really distraught and felt the need to put it out there how horrible it was. I got a lot of emails after that post with women who had similarly disastrous miscarriages and just felt the need to tell me about it, so I think there is a time and place for it all.

I find some things, like peeing all over the place, appalling though. It isn't so much that she shared, but that she did this stuff in the first place. Again, it's hard to criticize how someone handles birth and generally anything that results in a healthy mom and baby is good with me, but WOW.

That's a little different though. You were grappling with grief and trying to process it. She was just I don't know. WAY TOO MUCH TMI. Its different. You I were looking for support. She didn't NEED it. KWIM?

• 3 weeks later...

She's doing it again! She's taken down the picture of her shaving her baby with an electric razor in a tub of water, now that it's been featured on FailBlog.

I wonder how pissed Swavek/TH is about all of this. Think he's reading her posts before she puts them up?

She's doing it again! She's taken down the picture of her shaving her baby with an electric razor in a tub of water, now that it's been featured on FailBlog.

I wonder how pissed Swavek/TH is about all of this. Think he's reading her posts before she puts them up?

Of her doing WAT :o

Hey do you have a link or screenshot?

Archived