IGNORED

ThatWife's taking down posts...

MotoMamaMess

When my son was born the midwife tried to show us the placenta and we asked for her to remove it because I had no interest in looking at it. It was pretty yucky and I had a beautiful baby to gaze at instead. Of course knowing That Wife she probably found the placenta more interesting then T1.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If memory serves, she made a placenta print.

In (some) fairness about the peeing thing, she did have bladder issues and as a child, and I think still does to some extent? So maybe that contributed to her behavior during the birth and to her openness about it. If she's spent her life talking about her pee, to her doctors/parents/friends, maybe it isn't weird to her to share it with the whole internet. I only say that because I had an issue with a (somewhat) private part of my body, and I got to point where I just didn't care who knew about it... I was just kind of used to talking about it, so my filters were sort of gone (once the situation resolved, I stopped talking about it, though).

Anyway, I'm not excusing the behavior, necessarily, just ...I don't know, trying to put the best spin on it??? Not sure why.

I know I've never had a child and I shouldn't judge a woman's birth choices or experience, but I hold in this feeling of horror. What the fuck is wrong with this woman? Why does she think ANYONE wants to know this shit? Pee water, labia skid marks, hanging umbilical cord and placenta inspecting??????!!!!!111111!!!!!!!

Am I just a horrible person for thinking this should be PRIVATE????

I'm going to go shower to get the stink of "pee infested water" off me.

I need brain bleach after that, as I'm also one who thinks stuff like this should be private. :puke-huge:

Labia...skid marks...?

Would someone care to enlighten me, because I have never heard of such a thing! It sounds...unpleasant.

And ok, I'm sorry, but whenever anyone mentions skid marks, I instantly think of poo. Sue me.

Also, can someone please explain a "placenta print"? I've never had children either, and I don't understand this at all.

I did happen to see a show on one of the health-oriented networks in which a couple had a little heart or something made out of their son's umbilical cord; the mother also saved the placenta and ate it. Said it made her recover from childbirth much faster than normal.

Is this sort of thing becoming more common nowadays?

Also, can someone please explain a "placenta print"? I've never had children either, and I don't understand this at all.

I did happen to see a show on one of the health-oriented networks in which a couple had a little heart or something made out of their son's umbilical cord; the mother also saved the placenta and ate it. Said it made her recover from childbirth much faster than normal.

Is this sort of thing becoming more common nowadays?

Placenta prints are when you either take the blood from the placenta, or ink and use it like a giant meaty stamp.

"skid marks" are like..... um... huh... like not tears, but like carpet burn.

WAAAY too much TMI, Pee infested waters? Like, i wrote 2 versions of my birth story, the one with all the swearing and minimal TMI and the 2nd one with all the gross details that I ONLY shared with a few people who WANTED to be grossed out.

And personally? i'm pretty crunchy and the thought of consuming my placenta makes me want to vomit until the end of time. I have mine in my deep freeze but I'll be damned if I know what the hell i'm going to do with it.

I have a placenta buried under a tree in my front yard, but it's not mine. I friend was moving across the country and didn't want to have to deal with keeping it frozen, and our friends brought me a tree for a housewarming gift. It fed the tree, is all.

The reason the placenta is consumed is because of all the healthy iron and other nutrients in it. Makes ecological sense to me, but I would never do it. Some people dehydrate them and take it capsules over time.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I liked when medical waste was just disposed of....I can't wrap my brain around making an arts and craft project out of a bloody placenta, much less eating the damn thing. I'm fairly certain I'd rather starve to death.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I liked when medical waste was just disposed of....I can't wrap my brain around making an arts and craft project out of a bloody placenta, much less eating the damn thing. I'm fairly certain I'd rather starve to death.

Friend of mine SWEARS it helped her PPD. I'd rather take zoloft or prozac THANKYOUVERYMUCH.

Eh, I'd be willing to take my placenta in pill form for PPD, esp since antidepressants and breast feeding don't mix. But I'd have to pretend it was a vitamin and then push it out of my mind! No way am I mixing it in a smoothie or anything.

On topic: she is just awful. I hope someone asks her about deleting posts.

Her reasons are bullshit though, when you deliver vaginally you're never the same again, but it's not noticeable to your partner and anyway, you got a baby at the end of it!

Somebody should tell Ethan Hawke that, because he went on Howard Stern's show and bitched how Uma's vajajay was too loose now after the birth of the second kid and he didn't like it.

That birth story is way TMI. My birth story? 'I pushed for 3 hours and then I had a c-section' the end. That's about all you'll get out of me.

I may be deranged, but I can't shake the image of some crazy mommy type sitting at a table w/ Elmer's glue, pipe cleaners, construction paper, and a placenta. If I even think of eating it, it makes me gag.

Yep, time for me to go to bed. When I use words like placenta and Elmer's glue in the same sentence I'm usually done for the day!

So... I am seconding the question about labial skid marks. I tore badly with my births, so everything down there was sore afterward, I could not differentiate which parts had particular issues. I am curious... are your labia harmed in the process? A 'skid mark' makes it sounds like road rash, like the baby came flying out of there at 30 mph with an asphalt jacket. :shock:

Eh, I'd be willing to take my placenta in pill form for PPD, esp since antidepressants and breast feeding don't mix. But I'd have to pretend it was a vitamin and then push it out of my mind! No way am I mixing it in a smoothie or anything.

On topic: she is just awful. I hope someone asks her about deleting posts.

Just have to say, about the bolded part, that it's not really accurate. There are antidepressants available that are absolutely fine for lactating women. I had post-partum anxiety and moderate PPD and was on Celexa for a year, and nursed the babe the whole time. I just wanted to point this out because I was actually hesitant to get help at first because I worried that it would mean I had to stop nursing, when really there was no problem. I'd hate for other women to feel the same.

That said, I thought about making a placenta smoothie - I got as far as putting a knife to it when my gag reflex kicked in. So the kids and I buried it under a tiny oak sapling on the front lawn.

Ok, well my particular antidepressant can't be taken while breast feeding :/ sucks.

That does suck :(

I took antidepressants right after my youngest was born and he breastfed for 17 months. Didn't hurt him a bit as a lot of things can be filtered out through the breast and knowing at the time the doctors all agreed it was safe. I will say one thing, my youngest is the happiest boy you will ever meet. I wonder..... :think:

Despite her being incontinent, it was still gross to read about her using the bathroom all over the house. She should've kept that detail to herself. Uggh!

Her husband seems kinda reserved & introvert. If they're doing it to prevent his future employer from knowing about them, it's really too late. TW is very open & sharing if I were him, I'd be more concerned over the whole BathroomBaby thing vs. him being a jerk.

I hope her kid never has to read that he was literally born into a vat of pee soup.

He had been floating in pee soup for months anyway, not like it matters.

Guest Anonymous
When my son was born the midwife tried to show us the placenta and we asked for her to remove it because I had no interest in looking at it. It was pretty yucky and I had a beautiful baby to gaze at instead. Of course knowing That Wife she probably found the placenta more interesting then T1.

This. :(

Despite her being incontinent, it was still gross to read about her using the bathroom all over the house. She should've kept that detail to herself. Uggh!

Her husband seems kinda reserved & introvert. If they're doing it to prevent his future employer from knowing about them, it's really too late. TW is very open & sharing if I were him, I'd be more concerned over the whole BathroomBaby thing vs. him being a jerk.

I'm still feeling sickened by reading "pee infested water." Seriously disgusting.

On the second comment -- I agree. I would think if TH's new employer were to learn that this couple a) has made their baby sleep in the bathroom his entire life; and b) in addition, the child is developmentally delayed yet the parents can't be bothered getting him appropriate therapy -- they will think twice about their "investment." Because most employers, even soulless corporations, don't like the bad PR that comes from having their employee investigated by CPS.

Also, in moving to the Bay Area, I think CreepyWife will find that she's way behind in the Education Olympics. "What? You've never done any Mommy & Me?" "Junior just loved his infant swim classes. I was really important to us that he not be afraid of the water." "The best time to start teaching your child another language is before they turn two. You wouldn't believe how fast Sarah has picked up Spanish!" "Have you put T1 on the waiting list yet for Montessori preschool?" And on and on. I can only imagine how high eyebrows would raise if she begins mentioning her urinary incontinence!

Archived