IGNORED

Michele Bachman's husband - pray the gay away

FundiesInMyFamily

Found this little tidbit while perusing the news yesterday.... it seems that Michele Bachman's husband runs a christian counseling center; he calls gays "barbarians" and has some sort of 'pray the gay away' program.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2011/06/2 ... sciplined/

These people make me sick, and while I don't think she's electable, it scares me to death that there's actually a large portion of her followers who agree with this.

BACHMANN: We have to understand: barbarians need to be educated. They need to be disciplined. Just because someone feels it or thinks it doesn’t mean that we are supposed to go down that road. That’s what is called the sinful nature. We have a responsibility as parents and as authority figures not to encourage such thoughts and feelings from moving into the action steps…

And let’s face it: what is our culture, what is our public education system doing today? They are giving full, wide-open doors to children, not only giving encouragement to think it but to encourage action steps. That’s why when we understand what truly is the percentage of homosexuals in this country, it is small. But by these open doors, I can see and we are experiencing, that it is starting to increase.

:? I'm not even certain how to respond. How horrible. Some public schools try to prevent the bullying of gay children. Teaching children to be respectful to people whose sexuality is different than theirs is not the same as encouraging them to be gay! This type of reasoning hurts my head. If I tell my children not to poke fun at a chubby child, am I encouraging them to over eat?

I don't think she's electable, either, but I think it is a sad commentary that the GOP has not laughed her off the stage. Everytime I hear her speak, I expect the big hook to come out from stage right and yank her off. I can't fathom why they have tolerated her, even supported her.

On the other hand, she is a gift from baby Jesus for the comedians, and as long as she considers herself a candidate, I am going to enjoy watching Jon Stewart even more.

Jimmy Kimmel did a hilarious riff on her last night.

What? John Quincy Adams, just shy of his 9th birthday when the Declaration of Independence was signed, was not a Founding Father?

We had Founding Little Boys, didn't we? :lol:

Here is the link with the Jimmy Kimmel spoof on Bachmann, which is funny.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/carynjames/a ... elhistory/

BUT, this woman is going to be just like Palin (were they twins separated at birth???) in that she's going to be hilarious in her own words! No comedy script writing will be necessary - all we need is Tina Fey.

Watch the George Stephanopoulos interview with her (scroll down a bit on the above link - I think it's the third video down). It is as unintentionally amusing (although also disturbing) in a different way from the Kimmel riff, maybe even funnier. Listen to the way she answers (or rather, absolutely doesn't) his questions, and how what she does say makes almost no sense.

The first question, for example:

GS: In your announcement yesterday, you said that your voice was part of a movement to "take back our country". From whom?

MB aka BSC: Well, from the people all across the nation. . . the voice that I learned growing up in Iowa was a very reasonable, commonsense and that's one that I've learned and taken very successfully to the halls of congress. . . and now I want to take it to the White House. . .

WTF?

And it just goes downhill, rather hilariously, from there. It's a must-watch. This woman has definitely been to Palin's word salad seminar, or maybe she taught Palin - lol.

This woman is going to bring teh crazy in a BIG way to this next election! Political junkies like me: fasten your seatbelts!

Hubby's already ready for the hilarity. The minute he found out on the news about MB, he commented on the hilarity that would ensue :) and now this. He chuckled when I informed him of this thread. I think I'm going to be watching Jon Stewart a bit more these days....

Hubby's already ready for the hilarity. The minute he found out on the news about MB, he commented on the hilarity that would ensue :) and now this. He chuckled when I informed him of this thread. I think I'm going to be watching Jon Stewart a bit more these days....

Oh, I'm DVR-ing it every day now. Did you catch the whole thing between Stewart and Faux News? I about died laughing.

Found this little tidbit while perusing the news yesterday.... it seems that Michele Bachman's husband runs a christian counseling center; he calls gays "barbarians" and has some sort of 'pray the gay away' program.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2011/06/2 ... sciplined/

These people make me sick, and while I don't think she's electable, it scares me to death that there's actually a large portion of her followers who agree with this.

And I'm sure he requires a pricey fee to 'fix' all the gay people.

One of my best friends is gay and whenever we are talking about having poor-college student money woes we always joke that he should ask his (very un-supportive) parents for the money for a 'pray the gay away' camp and then just use it for himself. Then whenever he needs more money he can just tell his parents he needs a refresher course ;)

Why would someone want to pray away someone else sexuality? Why not mind what goes on in her own bedroom and not worry about everyone elses bedroom? She sounds like a pervert.

Political junkies like me: fasten your seatbelts!

I'm right there with ya! We've got months of crazieness/snark/whatthefucks ahead of us! I have a bad habit of watching GLen Beck and Bill Oreily once in a while, partially for the hilarity and partially for the 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer' aspect... I always wanna know what the crazies are up to, especially since they are wantin to take over the world and all

I'm praying she gets the nomination and gets the f-out of my fricking congressional district. I hate her and I have to listen to her. I feel like writing an irate email to her office saying that you cannot pray the gay out of anyone!

Oh, I'm DVR-ing it every day now. Did you catch the whole thing between Stewart and Faux News? I about died laughing.

Yeah, that was great. Everyone always goes on about how there is no conservative equivalent to Jon Stewart, but clearly they are wrong. Fox is the conservative equivalent to Jon Stewart. They even admitted that they are the counterweight to what he does. Thus proving that they are, in fact, nothing more than comedians.

Yeah, that was great. Everyone always goes on about how there is no conservative equivalent to Jon Stewart, but clearly they are wrong. Fox is the conservative equivalent to Jon Stewart. They even admitted that they are the counterweight to what he does. Thus proving that they are, in fact, nothing more than comedians.

That's a great observation. Too bad they're not as funny (at least intentionally) as Stewart, not to mention as brilliant.

The unlimited entertainment factor aside (and I really do enjoy that :lol: ), I actually worry that she is electable. The average American voter unfortunately identifies with many of her soundbites, even if voting for her would directly go against many of middle American's core economic interests. I think she will be a force to be reckoned with in the GOP primary, however, at this point I doubt that she could beat Obama. I'm pretty sure he would wipe the floor with her in a debate. Talk about entertainment... :clap:

I keep hoping the Republican party will run a nice not-particularly-religious person with a background in economics. Is that too much to ask? I'll answer my own question: yes.

I keep hoping the Republican party will run a nice not-particularly-religious person with a background in economics. Is that too much to ask? I'll answer my own question: yes.

Hey, a girl can dream, right?

One of my best friends is gay and whenever we are talking about having poor-college student money woes we always joke that he should ask his (very un-supportive) parents for the money for a 'pray the gay away' camp and then just use it for himself. Then whenever he needs more money he can just tell his parents he needs a refresher course ;)

Unfortunately, the Republican Party seems to have abandoned that wing of the party in favor of hosting a competition called America's Craziest Evangelical.

Archived