IGNORED

I think Rachel333 found Lovelie!

valsa

The only chicken I have ever listened to came out of a bucket. I have not heard of people saying such crazy things. Wait, my pug wants me to tell you that I'm a black pot too, kettle. He also wants to go on record that he could use a good morning nap in my lap.

I hope this is the same Lovelie and that she has found her forever family who loves her with all their hearts.

Guest Anonymous

Since Justus went to a home that was not allowed a legal adoption, it is probably unlikely he will be blogged about.

Hopefully CPS will investigate and find him. I'm sure Evil Emma would squeal if questioned - otherwise she'd be investigated for a missing child.

C'mere, chicken! I need to ask you something!

:animals-chickencatch:

Now who'da thunk there'd be a practical use for that smiley?

THAT'S AWESOME.

That made my day!!

Is this a 'fuck you' towards Emma?

From the Hewits blog regarding adoption;

I am so, so pleased that Lovelie has found her forever family. This is how adoption should be. I dread to think of the additional trauma that Emma the Bitch caused. I'd call her a witch but I don't want to offend lovely women like Pagan Soccer Mom.

That. Exactly. THAT has been my experience with families created through adoption.

I feel the same way as a bio-mom. I'm grateful for them, every day.

And thank you. As a Witch, I have nothing in common with EvilEmma.

I really hope that this is Lovelie's forever home, but I'm worried that this Barbara Walker only adopts out to fundies. If the Hewetts are anywhere near as fundie as Emma, I still worry for her future. Overall, though, it does sound like an improvement.

OH GOOD!

I, too, was very worried about where Lovelie was.

Hopefully CPS can find Justus. :(

(Now that I'm typing the names out, both kids' names are odd compound words. Love lie and Just us. Hmm.)

I really hope that this is Lovelie's forever home, but I'm worried that this Barbara Walker only adopts out to fundies. If the Hewetts are anywhere near as fundie as Emma, I still worry for her future. Overall, though, it does sound like an improvement.

Honestly, while being fundie is most definitely part of Emma's problem, I think her level of crazy is what was truly driving her AWFUL parenting. I would like to think that while even though Justus is in a fundie home, it may be a sane fundie home .

I hope majesticpintabians is locked because they wanted to protect their kids from a massive influx of unfamiliar pageviews, and not because there was something improper about Lovelie's adoption situation that might invite scrutiny.

And for those trying to track down Justus - maybe you'll have better luck with this than I did. His birth name is variously spelled as Maicourley, Maicourely, or Maicouely. Google just seems to turn up Emma, though.

I don't think the kids went back to Haiti before being readopted. The picture of the kids in Haiti was from around the time Emma adopted them, not when they were given up again. It also wouldn't make sense legally, since Emma said Justus was given to a family that couldn't be approved to adopt from Haiti, so it had to be a domestic adoption.

These threads are keeping me up all night with horrible thoughts and feelings (I'm an adoptive mom, in the process of adopting again). I'm currently taking classes on adoption and trauma, attachment, etc. and have spent the last few weeks listening to panels of adoptive parents talk about all the work and love, years worth, that they've put in to helping their kids deal with massive trauma and the resulting emotional and behavioural challenges and diagnoses. They are all AWESOME parents. I want to grow up to be them. I've even read about more than one disrupted adoption where the parents truly had no other reasonable or safe choice. And then to contrast all that with this story? :evil: There just are no words. I hope against hope that someone tracks down Justus, and that Lovelie really is OK, and that CPS can follow up on this woman. I can't articulate anything beyond that because I'm just too filled with rage and horror.

On a totally superficial note, the Haitian nanny who is on the left in one of the pictures looks like a young Cicely Tyson. And the nanny on right (or, front, depending on how you look at it) is beautiful. Also? I looove the smile of the little girl in the captioned picture that says they are in Argentina with their family. All of those kids look beautiful and healthy. I hope they are all doing well and are loved immensely.

Whenever I've heard people say they don't want to adopt because they're afraid the adopted kids will end up hating them or hurting them (like physically hurt them, because being adopted somehow means the kid becomes a serial killer?), I think to myself, "Well, having biological kids doesn't mean you won't have a kid who will grow up to be some crazy killer. And almost all kids go through a phase where they hate their parents; it's called being a teenager." Thankfully, those kinds of people aren't going to adopt and emotionally fuck up their kids.

I'm not adopted and have only adopted animals of the furry kind, but when I hear the idea that being adopted somehow means being less loved, I can't help but think how totally wrong that kind of thinking is, especially if it's coming from the person who was adopted. A couple or a single person who can't have children biologically decided *you* were the child they wanted to join their family and make it complete; not a different child, but you. We're kinda stuck with our bio kids, you know? ;)

Of course, I can understand dealing with the feelings of abandonment that many children feel, but I hope that they can work through those feelings and understand that the parents they have now love them and really wanted them.

I guess these are Pollyanna feelings regarding adoption, but I do feel this way. However, I think there are some members here who were adopted by crazy abusive people, and I wish things could have been different (better) for you and that your parents were worthy of you.

I hope this doesn't come off as negative or preachy, because that's not my intention.

ChickeyMonkey, how knowledgable do you consider yourself to be about adoption?

I'm not that knowledgeable. I didn't mean to offend anyone, and I'm sorry if I did. That wasn't my intention. I hope that most people go into adoption because they want children and can't have their own, or because they want to give a child or children a forever home even if they already have bio kids (or if they can have bio kids but would rather adopt instead).

I'm sorry if I sound like a pompous idiot. That wasn't my intention. I wanted to look at the positive side adoption instead of the negative. My BIL & SIL were talking about adoption but my BIL's mom said something along the lines of "the kid may grow up and hate you because you're not his/her "real" parents. Or the kid might turn out bad and hurt you or the family." It was that kind of thinking I was addressing. I should've included that in the beginning to make myself clearer.

I don't think you sounded pompous or offensive, and I certainly don't mean to imply that you can't have an opinion without X Y Z. I just thought a few things you said sounded like you'd say them differently if you had a different perspective.

Whenever I've heard people say they don't want to adopt because they're afraid the adopted kids will end up hating them or hurting them

Have you heard people worrying about their kids hurting them when they're adopting newborns? I don't know where you're coming from with this. Because there are actually quite a few people in the world who have adopted older teens with serious trauma, and had moments where they were physically threatened or had to actually defend themselves from rages that include pysical lashing out. In cases like that, it's not people being paranoid and having double standards for non-bio kids.

being adopted somehow means being less loved, I can't help but think how totally wrong that kind of thinking is, especially if it's coming from the person who was adopted

Again, I'm not sure what you've actually heard. When I liken it to what I have heard from adoptees, it leads me to think that you're saying they all mustn't understand that their parents loved them, and if they intellectually understood that it would stop them from having bad feelings. Which... well, adoption is super complicated.

Also relevant: I say all of this as a person who was not adopted, has never been in foster care, and does not have any close family who have adopted/are adopting/are fostering.

I think there is a lot of general awareness about RAD, but people don't realize that it is relatively rare, esp in infant adoptions. I've heard a lot of 'what-ifs' from people who are pursuing fertility treatments instead of adoption. They are really worried that the baby will be screwed up, or drug exposed, or whatever. I usually tell them: I would love a disabled child just as much as a normally abled child, and just as much whether they were adopted or bio. Anyone can have a disabled child. My mother planned on having perfect children (I'm sure) but one has CP and one is bipolar. It's always a crap shoot.

ChickeyMonkey, I am similarly Pollyanna about adoption. I have an adopted sibling, and many adopted relatives. It's perfectly normal in my family to have children of other races or other abilities. Familial bonds and love are not dependent on genetics or perfection.

Wow this was such a disturbing thread to read. What an evil women.

I hope Justus & Lovelie are doing well in their new families.

It certainly does look like the same girl, but yes, there is a worrying gap between August 2010 and Feb 2011 where it looks like she was back at the Haitian orphanage.

Maybe evil Emma didn't write about where Lovelie went because she was ashamed to admit they sent her back to Haiti, rather than to a new adoptive family.

Whatever happened, and although it stinks, I was so thrilled to hear the new mom say this:

"Even though I teach my children to be gracious to others, I do not ever expect my children to be gracious toward me for adopting them; I am PRIVILEGED to be their mom."

:text-goodpost: Nothing annoys me more then someone saying how lucky our adoptive kids are to have us as parents. I always respond that it is US who are LUCKY to have such great kids.

THAT usually shuts them up.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/adopted-boy-back-russia-sign-mental-issues-problems-officials/story?id=10349424

This reminds me of the lady from Tennessee who adopted a boy from russia. Several months later, she put him on a flight back to Russia (alone) with a note pinned to his jacket stating she no longer wanted him.

:text-goodpost: Nothing annoys me more then someone saying how lucky our adoptive kids are to have us as parents. I always respond that it is US who are LUCKY to have such great kids.

THAT usually shuts them up.

I usually say that when I hear someone else say that about the adopted kids too.

At the same time I do hear you are lucky she is your mom about bio kids too. So if they are saying it in the generic "wow, your mom is pretty great" way not sucha big deal...but if they are saying in the context of the kid was rescued it annoys me.

Archived