IGNORED

Prescription Drugs = Sin

Koala

Who knew?

Well, the answer the that is obvious! Zhuzhu knew!

We simply do not believe that when God said He would provide our necessary food, He was depending on carcinogenic agricultural "advances" such as genetically engineered foods, synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, and mass-slaughtering of livestock that leads to the meat being tainted with feces, hormones, antibiotics, and other questionable substances. Maybe He intended for us to make cuts in other areas, such as the number of vehicles we own, the size of house we live in, or eliminating expensive sinful habits such as smoking, cable television, prescription drugs , etc.Also, God only promised to provide our daily bread, not our daily filet mignon and Starbucks. If we had to switch to rice and beans seven days a week in order to afford organic, we would do so, before eating conventional hot dogs, chips, cookies, sodas, etc.

:shock:

Note to self: Prescription drugs = sinful habit

Note to mods: If this is a repeat, please accept my apologies (I am as sick as a dog right now) and feel free to delete or merge.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She can send her heretical husband to pry the Wellbutrin outta my cold, dead hands. Not before.

Who listens to these self-appointed gurus, anyway?

I mean, seriously: That attractive couple that got married in PP's church[sic] - the bride wore a gown that bared one arm and shoulder, it was lovely - ???? They look like sensible, educated people who know how to hold down a job and take regular baths.

What in Heaven's name do nutcases like PP & Zsu offer these people?????

Taking Prescription Drugs is one of my favorite sinful habits. In fact I get infections on purpose just so I can take prescription drugs.

And doctors perform magic so they must be burned at the stake for witchcraft.

The dark ages were so awesome for the human race.

At the time of the Roman Empire, people had a life expectancy of about 25 years. Infer from that what you will.

Taking Prescription Drugs is one of my favorite sinful habits. In fact I get infections on purpose just so I can take prescription drugs.

Oh, I thought I was the only one! Now if only I could aquire Teh AIDZ! But it's so hard when your not a drug addicted homosexual male. Just think of all the prescription meds I could take.

My husband's a Type 1 diabetic. I'll let him know of his sin. Perhaps if we simply prayed hard enough, he'd be fine without insulin? Nah, he'd be dead.

I love me my meds, because they keep Sev healthy, happy and.. well, living the good life.

Snickerz your blase reaction made me smile. Sev's not diabetic though, but that was my reaction too when I read Zsu's pearl of wisdom. Really?!....(eyeroll)

As I sit here watching remicaid drip into my son's arm, the thought that comes to mind is that anything that keeps him from bleeding out his ass (crohn's disease) is nothing but good. Zhu can kiss my ass.

As I sit here watching remicaid drip into my son's arm, the thought that comes to mind is that anything that keeps him from bleeding out his ass (crohn's disease) is nothing but good. Zhu can kiss my ass.

I am so sorry...my fil has crohn's....it's awful :(

I am predominantly a lurker here (visit most days!). This annoys the hell out of me.

My son is profoundly disabled and medically fragile. He is maintained in a GJ tube and is often in and out of a children's hospital. I cannot count, offhand, the number of drugs he is on to maintain his health, limit seizures, keep him breathing, digest his food....you know, minor things like that. We keep narcotics in the house to manage his pain.

These fundies are the same people who have told me things like 1) my son's medical status is a sign of the devil's presence on earth, 2) God chose my son/me for this because we're special (I could handle being less special) and so on.

WTF...... :doh:

I am predominantly a lurker here (visit most days!). This annoys the hell out of me.

My son is profoundly disabled and medically fragile. He is maintained in a GJ tube and is often in and out of a children's hospital. I cannot count, offhand, the number of drugs he is on to maintain his health, limit seizures, keep him breathing, digest his food....you know, minor things like that. We keep narcotics in the house to manage his pain.

These fundies are the same people who have told me things like 1) my son's medical status is a sign of the devil's presence on earth, 2) God chose my son/me for this because we're special (I could handle being less special) and so on.

WTF...... :doh:

I kow what you mean, my yonger son died in 2010 he was 28, kidney patient since the age of five. He has had two kidney transplants, one organ donated by his father the second one donated by me.

He had to take tons of medication to keep the kidney in place and a billion other reasons.

According to the lovely Zsu and her stupid followers, his passing away should teach me something because I am an atheist.

I wish you and your son well, I mean that from the bottom of my heart!

Thank you for your comment.

I am sorry to hear about your son.

What fundies have said to me about my son and the journey we live with him has been, at times, beyond offensive. And then I remind myself that, like so many other things, they don't and never will, "get it" because their ideas are always about them and are geared to fit their life. If their ideas cannot, somehow, apply to your life then YOU must be doing something wrong. GRRR.

I take thyroid medicine every morning...becuase I only have half a thyroid and it can't/doesn't produce what I need to be healthy. But maybe I just need to repent and it will grow back, or something????? Regardless, no amount of organic food is going to make some thyroid hormone for me.

Honestly, the stupidity astounds me. It shouldn't, but it does.

I am a huge sinner; I would not be a functional member of society without my medication. ZsuZsu should hope she never gets any disease that cannot be cured with a poultice or herb.

I take thyroid medicine every morning...becuase I only have half a thyroid and it can't/doesn't produce what I need to be healthy. But maybe I just need to repent and it will grow back, or something????? Regardless, no amount of organic food is going to make some thyroid hormone for me.

If you really loved god, he would grow a whole thyroid for you. :roll: But you are a sinner doomed to poppin' pills.

I would love to see them try to pray diseases away. Really. I hope they'll never have to experience it but it would teach them a lesson.

Doesn't this actually mean your supposed to eat organic rice and beans and the 1/2 thyroid that you killed with hot dogs would grow back?

Thanks, crazy zsu, but I'll keep my 'scripts and keep my husband alive. He's a Type I diabetic also.

I would love to see them try to pray diseases away. Really. I hope they'll never have to experience it but it would teach them a lesson.

I wonder why we never see them actually thankful to God for the health they have? Oh that's right because they think they're doing it right--God actually doesn't have much to do with it. Underlying this, it's belief in themselves.

Quiverfull Movement: Only those in perfect, robust health need apply. If you or your family have a health problem, buy Wright's book to discern the spiritual nature of your health issue and get to work earning your health through performance.

If you earn salvation and purity through performance, why would you look at health any differently? That woman with the issue of blood who reached out to touch the tassel on Jesus' robe didn't stand a chance with this bunch.

I doubt they would learn any lesson from trying to pray diseases away, if someone in their immediate family got sick. They'd probably say it's God's will.

I doubt they would learn any lesson from trying to pray diseases away, if someone in their immediate family got sick. They'd probably say it's God's will.

I agree. I've seen it happen. It only drives them further into the ideology and further into works and self-condemnation. They're stuck in the system because they're unwilling to learn certain lessons. It's more about control than it is about the belief. To say "There is no rhyme or reason, and sometimes people just get sick with things" would require some admission that they don't have control over everything, particularly earning God's favor through behavior. The heart of the Gospel is all about the fact that God's favor can't be earned -- it is freely given.

Archived