IGNORED

Josiah whines about us

formergothardite

To sum it all up: "Those reprobates knew the Bible better than I did. Made me look like a utter fool. So I am not talking to any of them anymore."

Josiah, I would like to remind you that you agreed with me that the reason people won't come here is because their faith is so shallow they can't defend it and they are afraid of finding that out. I guess we know what sort of faith you have now, a shallow one. You don't want people to come here because if they do, they will see that you are in violation of Jesus' commandments. This is not manly, you are a coward.

http://www.biblicalbeginnings.com/

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah bless! I do love a good flounce.

He really did come full circle. He started out all hateful on his blog, came here, apologized, said he was open minded and willing for a discussion, got annoyed when people questioned him, got really angry when people used the Bible to prove him wrong, flounced and then wrote a blog post about how evil we are and how no one should come here. It is the fundie circle.

And I have to say, I think the real reason he wants our real names is so he can harrass us in real life. I bet nothing would make him feel better than to get back at us by trying to mess up our real life in some way. Josiah, people like you are why I am anonymous on the internet. I don't want people who would be willing to kill me know my real name and address. Just basing my opinions off of this line:

"Due to their anonymity, they cannot be stood up to" You can stand up to someone's beliefs without knowing their real name, the only reason to want their real name is so you can try and screw them in real life since you can't stand up to them on the internet.

But God forbid that I should ever keep back from mortal man that Scripture reveals a hell as well as heaven, and that the gospel teaches that men may be lost as well as saved

This is not what he did on this site. He told us that gay people should be stoned. When we called him on his views, he grew flustered. We asked why he picked and chose verses to follow instead of the entire bible. If he believes in stoning homosexuals than he must follow the bible on stoning rape victims who don't scream loud enough. That earned us his claim that we were legalistic despite the fact that he was the one who wanted to follow portions of the Old Testament that suited his views.

He was illogical and argued in circles.

They are, for the most part, reprobates. They have left their first religion. Many, I believe, for just reasons even: The empty holiness taught in many "fundy" (as they degradingly refer to quite a generalized group of Bible-believing Christians as) circles is a dangerous doctrine

Although I am not a Christian, many people who responded to him were.

I think that his thread probably helped a lot of people see the evilness in his views.

For any of his friends who visit this thread. Would you advise a slave to obey his/her master while you showered love on the owner? Would you refuse to stand for what is right and condemn the evil of slavery? If you would fight against slavery, you do not agree with Josiah.

I don't know how Boy Scouts work, but would they care that they have a leader who believes stuff like this? Since he is easily googlable I found the troop he leads. It is truly scary that young boys look up to him.

I think that we at F.J. know way more about the Bible than he thinks. Actually, we seem to know even more about the fundies and their cult minds than even they themselves know.

Guest Anonymous

With a name like Woltersdorf, you'd think he would want to keep more privacy for his own writings. Oh Josiah, the internet never forgets. Your boy scout troops and the old ladies whose disability aids you install will find you out one day.

Bless your little heart.

Even here in the Bible Belt people would be horrified at his beliefs and would totally boycott his business for stuff like that. I don't know how Oregon is, though. Maybe they take the crazy better?

With a name like Woltersdorf, you'd think he would want to keep more privacy for his own writings. Oh Josiah, the internet never forgets. Your boy scout troops and the old ladies whose disability aids you install will find you out one day.

Bless your little heart.

I found a Josiah Wolterdorf with the middle name, Munyan. Is that the same young man.

Out of curiousity, what nationality is Munyan?

Yes, it is the same one. He uses his whole name on the internet to spout offensive beliefs. Not very bright.

I couln't tell if he was trying to explain the troll reference to us, because I'm thinking most people here got it, or if he thinks the readers he is warning to not come here wouldn't get it.

Wow, our young Josiah is all over the interwebz! Twitterm LinkedIn, the name of his business, etc. I hope to hell he never has to work for anyone other than daddy or himself; he may find that employers don't like what they read about him online.

Yeah, I even found the Face Book page for the scout troop he leads. I think he is just so arrogant that he never thinks this will catch up with him or that he will run into people in real life who oppose him. The stupidity of youth.

The fundie manifesto: Go to people's house that believe differently then you do pretending to want a discussion, then when proved wrong with your own belief system go home crying about how mean they are and spout off how they're all going to hell. Feel mighty in your own assholeness.

Favorite part: Josiah instructs people to keep firm grasp on reality. He obviously lost his grasp long ago, so he needs to caution others to keep firm grasp so they don't end up like him. He's speaking from experience there.

And I have to say, I think the real reason he wants our real names is so he can harrass us in real life. I bet nothing would make him feel better than to get back at us by trying to mess up our real life in some way. Josiah, people like you are why I am anonymous on the internet. I don't want people who would be willing to kill me know my real name and address. Just basing my opinions off of this line:

"Due to their anonymity, they cannot be stood up to" You can stand up to someone's beliefs without knowing their real name, the only reason to want their real name is so you can try and screw them in real life since you can't stand up to them on the internet.

Yes, this. If I say that my name is Jane S. and I live in Ontario (it's not and I don't, but for the sake of argument) does that make it more possible to engage with my words than if I'm VodouDoll from The Internet? Of course not, because my words would be the same regardless. It's just my username that would be different. And I'm not going to apologize for not wanting a guy who openly endorses torturing homosexuals to death and wouldn't fight against slavery to know who I am.

And I noticed, too, that in his most recent entry he wrote that to talk to us:

You must have a firm grasp on reality.

When just the other day FormerGothardite quoted his post about science where he says that that reality is an ungodly presupposition used by Christianity's opponents (whatever that means?):

Once the Bible is eliminated in the argument, then the Christians’ presuppositions are gone, leaving them unable to effectively give an alternate interpretation of the facts. Their opponents then have the upper hand as they still have their presuppositions—see Naturalism, logic and reality.

So which is it? Is reality in his debate toolbox or not? (I'm going to go out on a limb and guess not.)

I think some people (and forums, for that matter) believe you will have more accountability for your words if you're forced to use your own name - or a Google-able version of it. I'm part of a historical sewing forum and my registration got kicked back a couple of times for using a screen name that was my CW persona's name - not my own. I guess they think you'll never say mean things to another poster when you know it can come up later & embarrass you in RL.

Agreed, he wants real names to "punish" people in real life for what they think. Seig Heil. Jackoff. he's going to find out what "punish" means someday, the way he's throw his real name all over the place

Yay for Anon!

I think some people (and forums, for that matter) believe you will have more accountability for your words if you're forced to use your own name - or a Google-able version of it. I'm part of a historical sewing forum and my registration got kicked back a couple of times for using a screen name that was my CW persona's name - not my own. I guess they think you'll never say mean things to another poster when you know it can come up later & embarrass you in RL.

I would agree that this could be it if he had said something about how we were so mean because we were anonymous, but he said he couldn't stand up to us because he didn't know our real names. Which makes me think "stood up too" is another way of saying "I want to try and destroy them in real life." He doesn' t want to just stand up to our beliefs, he wants to find someway to stop us from posting stuff that disagree with him. Though, honestly, even if he did find my real name and address everyone irl would be on my side. But I still don't want a creep that would probably be okay with stoning me knowing where I live.

http://www.mberkompas.com/2010/05/the-ideal-piece-of-property/

There is nothing wrong with this article but he did comment on land.(I want land too) What stuck me is that there are so many German last names. Are there groups of German fundamentalists that like to stick together? Or are they all related in some way?

I think it just might be there are a lot of people of German descent in the area. It's where my husband's family is from and he and his extended family are all German and are thankfully not fundy. It's one of the few places we go where people can actually pronounce his last name.

I think it just might be there are a lot of people of German descent in the area. It's where my husband's family is from and he and his extended family are all German and are thankfully not fundy. It's one of the few places we go where people can actually pronounce his last name.

Thanks. That makes sense. I grew up near a large military base so I was surronded by people with names from nearly every country. That is probably why the presence of so many German sounding surnames stood out to me. I'm used to more diversity.

Agreed, he wants real names to "punish" people in real life for what they think. Seig Heil. Jackoff. he's going to find out what "punish" means someday, the way he's throw his real name all over the place

Yay for Anon!

I predict that little Mr. Josiah will grow up to beat women. There's a scary lot of suppressed rage in that one.

Archived