IGNORED

Duggars Indonesian friends

snickerz

About the Indonesian friends... I just went to check the guys instagram and it has now been put on private! When previously I had been able to see his photos etc...

Further proof Josh lurks here!?!

I heard it also. The Duggars used to keep the chart on the fridge.

For the girls, this is more about letting them know that they can't choose what they wish to be private about rather than ensuring their virginity. Not only do they have no control over what information their father knows, charting reminds them that being fertile is their main function in life.

Razing Ruth had a post on her blog where she discussed this. I'm not sure if it was a Gothard commandment, or just another one of Darth Daddy's crazinesses.

I heard it also. The Duggars used to keep the chart on the fridge.

For the girls, this is more about letting them know that they can't choose what they wish to be private about rather than ensuring their virginity. Not only do they have no control over what information their father knows, charting reminds them that being fertile is their main function in life.

Ugh that is beyond creepy. Those poor girls. I remember being mortified to tell my mom that I had started my period at school that day, and she had already talked about it with me and bought me supplies for the inevitable. If I had to chart it for the whole family I would have absolutely died. I'm sure she told my dad, but she was astute enough not to make a thing of it and just let me know she would answer any questions I had. Even though it's normal, and 50% of the population deals with it, it's mortifying for a young teenager.

My mum used to track our periods on the calendar... but it was more so we wouldn't be caught out as we were too young and silly to track them properly ourselves. We definitely weren't being policed, she was just trying to encourage us to do it properly ourselves instead.

Charting the cycle is a Gothard commandment, so you know they do it. I'm pretty sure there's pictures/video of 'the calendar' floating around. It's not done to check the daughter's virginity. The wife does it to maximize getting pregnant (of course that's not the stated reason, but it's true intent). The girls do it to be trained up right, and to be submissive to daddy's power

Hopefully Marmalade will read this tread and back me up....she knows more Duggar trivia than I do. :)

Oh noes the hot seat! :mrgreen: To be honest, I don't recall that they chart the girls (if they mentioned it, I would look in the first book if I hadn't given it away). However, I HAVE been taping the old 17 Kids the last few days and they talked about finding out that Mullet was knocked up with Jordyn because the girls "had been watching [Michelle's] cycles like a hawk." THAT I can say with absolute certainty. The only color-coded chart I remember seeing in the house was the chore list.

If anyone can confirm that all girls are checked for certain, do post about it! However, I know that women's cycles tend to synchronize when they're close (either proximally or emotionally...my friends and I always seemed to have our periods within a few days of each other).

Sorry I can't be of more help here. But now I want to be labeled the "Duggar Trivia Queen" as my perma title. :dance:

OK.... my mom tracked my cycle till I was 21. I admit I am very adhd(medicated and all, but only after I had my own health insurance plan). But I don't find it wierd at all. It was actually helpful. And it was on our "family" calendar, meaning my mom looked at it and told my Dad and the children when we had events. But that being sad I would be embarassed if I HAD brothers or a Dad that actually looked at the calendar.

I guess I was raised very conservative Roman Catholic. I thinks its just something multigenreational "stay at home moms" do. :) But for me it was more of a "heads up", take some pads for your purse kinda of thing.

OK.... my mom tracked my cycle till I was 21. I admit I am very adhd(medicated and all, but only after I had my own health insurance plan). But I don't find it wierd at all. It was actually helpful. And it was on our "family" calendar, meaning my mom looked at it and told my Dad and the children when we had events. But that being sad I would be embarassed if I HAD brothers or a Dad that actually looked at the calendar.

I guess I was raised very conservative Roman Catholic. I thinks its just something multigenreational "stay at home moms" do. :) But for me it was more of a "heads up", take some pads for your purse kinda of thing.

I've never had to do that with my girls. They aren't overly mature. In fact, they are disturbingly average on the maturity scale but they keep track of their own periods in a little calender that I bought them. If I had to keep track of when they were supposed to have extra pads or tampons, they would be screwed. I barely remember to take my own purse much less tell them what they need. :lol:

ROTFL. I've never had to track anything. From the time that I was regular I was on the pill (thanks mom!). The sugar pills tell all!

I don't understand why someone's mother would have to track their menstrual cycle to remind them to put a tampon in their purse. Can you not just always keep a tampon in your purse (or heck, be really prepared and keep two or three there)?

I don't understand why someone's mother would have to track their menstrual cycle to remind them to put a tampon in their purse. Can you not just always keep a tampon in your purse (or heck, be really prepared and keep two or three there)?

I always keep some with me, and some liners, for any surprises that happen to me or any friends (happened once).

I mentioned this thread to my husband, and he said my mother was totally making sure I didn't pregant.

But, I think its just what my my grandmother did, so my mom does it. I honestly still have problems tracking. It wasnt hanging on the frig or anything, just chilling on the dining room table with the china.

But maybe, I am more conservative raised then I actually believe. ;) My husband believes I was raised crazy.

I never heard of this either. I would hate that, especially with all those brothers and stuff. Super creepy and weird.

Michelle talked about tracking her cycles in one episode. iirc, she keeps it on the FRIDGE. That might be why the kids are so thin until they leave the house... they are avoiding the kitchen at all costs.

When I did NFP, I used colored markers and a personal datebook-type calendar. Someone sold one specifically for the purpose and it might have involved stickers; I used it the first year and then was pregnant before I ran out of pages.

Archived