IGNORED

FAMY Instagram and Twitter Talk

Deleted07

That is the way I took it too.

I'd never heard of at. I guess it's up to interpretation!

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely think it's playing on the "all Asians look alike" stereotype, with the stereotypical Asian font and all. I wouldn't say it's automatically racist, as I could see it as making fun of those stereotypes, but I don't think I'd give Amy the benefit of that doubt.

SHE SHOWING KNEE!!!!! Tights or not, she is showing knees. Add to it that Jill is usually one of the ones with a longer skirt on, this is interesting! I think she's coming into her own now that the braces are off... she's really gotten quite beautiful since!

Am I being too PC at this late hour or does this come across as racist to anyone else as it does to me?

instagr.am/p/aEafm

I;m usually really sensitive to this kind of thing, but this isn't getting my hackles up. I doubt she means it to say all asians look alike but that you aren't going to notice individual differences between ninjas when they come to attack you. :lol:

is this the one:

post-879-1445199725824_thumb.jpg

Jill, Jana and Joy look great in this picture. I always thought Jill was the "holiest" of the older girls and would have never thought to see her in a skirt like that. I figured out it would be Jessa to come up with a different style of clothing one day.

Does anybody know who is the second girl from right? Is that Anna??

I;m usually really sensitive to this kind of thing, but this isn't getting my hackles up. I doubt she means it to say all asians look alike but that you aren't going to notice individual differences between ninjas when they come to attack you. :lol:

Thats how i took it but now that someone's pointed out the "all asians look the same" I can see how it could go that way too.

NINJA (not ninjas, the plural for ninja is ninja) do look alike though because they are all covered from head to toe in same style clothing. I think it was meant to be funny, not racist. BTW ninja are totally hot. I do not mean to defend her but she meant no harm with this.

Hi, this is just speculation but does anyone think that Famy could be a paid spy for the parent's? Maybe she acts like the bad girl/bad influence to gain the kid's trust and then secretly turns them in to Jim Bob to give him a heads up on who's about to fly the coop or who is thinking 'bad' thoughts.

Jill, Jana and Joy look great in this picture. I always thought Jill was the "holiest" of the older girls and would have never thought to see her in a skirt like that. I figured out it would be Jessa to come up with a different style of clothing one day.

Does anybody know who is the second girl from right? Is that Anna??

I'm 99% sure that's Anna, but it's a weird picture.

I'm also beyond shocked at Jill's skirt, I always thought she was a mini-Michelle.

I get the feeling that the ninja thing was intended to be subversively anti-racist (i.e. it's playing on the "All Asians look the same" stereotype and the "Asians = Ninja" meme and is amusing because people dressed in ninja garb all do look the same, but the men underneath obviously don't). But I don't think Famy understand that. And, frankly, I don't think she's bright enough to realize the "All Asians look the same" tinge to it.

• 1 month later...

I hope Amy does grow up soon and move out of her parents' house. She can get married (and get a job) , live in sin (and get a job) or just get a real job and live by herself. Then, when Joy is a bit older, she will have a relative, with whom she has a close relationship, to turn to and help her adjust to the outside world.

Suze Keller's older sister, Rebekah, managed to do that for her. It would be great if Joy had someone she loved to help her out.

I've decided that Famy is just a different flavor of SAHD. She may not be a fundie, but she's waiting for Jesus to bring her a man. She has no intentions of ever getting a job, getting an education, or moving out of mommy & daddy's house. I don't think she has anything to offer any of her cousins in the way of help to escape the lifestyle, or example of how to succeed in the real world.

Why should she move out and get a job? She's kickin it! Living for free at home, touring the world with the dugmeisters, "recording" off her name... life is good!

I think Famy only started working as a nanny recently. She mentioned Facebook several months ago that she used to work at Wal-Mart. The house that she and her mom live in is owned by Mary.

None of these people know what its like to pay rent or make a house payment.

I think it possible that they could be paying Mary rent but who knows. I think there was one time on the show that the house was labeled "Amy's house".

Hmm, I'd love to be able to sign up to that site and say "All Duggars Look alike" :teasing-dunce:

And yet they still have to dress the same for Michelle to be able to find them in a crowd

Today's words of wisom:

Amy Duggar@amyduggar

@IMPATIENTKING @iRossP THROW SOME BUTTER ON IT! #paaaaulllaaaDeeeeeennn!!!! You boys are the best!!!!!!! #toofunny http://pic.twitter.com/x8ofIrns

Amy Duggar@amyduggarReply

Thankyou for all the support I am receiving lately regarding the "scandal". God Bless you all!! #justicewillbeserved #extortionisacrime

Amy Duggar@amyduggarReply

When something makes you sad and steals your peace the best way to be happy again is to remove it from your life. #LightenYourLoad

Archived