• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
ladypuglover

Duggars and R. Santorum/Duggars Throw Support (MERGED)

ladypuglover

Just saw this pop up on my feed;

Amy Rachelle Duggar

8 minutes ago near Fayetteville, AR.

All of the older Duggar kids, along with Uncle Jim Bob, Grandma Duggar and my mom Deanna are heading tonight to Iowa to help Rick Santorum in his race for President. As a US Senator Rick Santorum

Authored the bill to ban partial birth abortion. Our whole Duggar family is getting behind him and hope you do too!!!

So who is watching the younger Duggers?

FundiesInMyFamily

I propose we all Google Santorum in honor of the Duggars to keep it #1 through the Iowa Caucus!

CanadianHippie

They really are trying to get people to hate them, aren't they.

SamuraiKatz
Just saw this pop up on my feed;

Amy Rachelle Duggar

8 minutes ago near Fayetteville, AR.

All of the older Duggar kids, along with Uncle Jim Bob, Grandma Duggar and my mom Deanna are heading tonight to Iowa to help Rick Santorum in his race for President. As a US Senator Rick Santorum

Authored the bill to ban partial birth abortion. Our whole Duggar family is getting behind him and hope you do too!!!

So who is watching the younger Duggers?

It looks like Michelle is on her own. :?

Seven Severn

But...but...Rick's a -gasp- Catholic! Surely, that can't be okay.

breaker

Well, according to the Instagram of their exchange student, they're roadtripping to Iowa in a giant Rick Santorum bus. Is that their usual bus, or did they have it specially decorated for the occasion?

aad66x.jpg

Daenerys

Can someone give a quick rundown of Santorum's beliefs/ideas for those of us not in the USA?

meow139
Well, according to the Instagram of their exchange student, they're roadtripping to Iowa in a giant Rick Santorum bus. Is that their usual bus, or did they have it specially decorated for the occasion?

aad66x.jpg

Duggars have an exchange student?

and Santorum is almost as despised to me as Smuggar. That spineless bastard is just plain evilish.

CanadianHippie

Intelligent Design

Pedophilia is homosexuality

Abortion is bad

Birth control is bad

There is no such thing as a right to privacy

Federal Government shouldn't give out for free what other companies give out for a fee

Removing people from a bookstore because they criticized you is not a violation of free speech

KILL THE EVIL DOERS! (al la Bush)

You know, the usual shit.

breaker

I don't know, I just assumed that. He was in Josh's New Year's Eve praying shot and has photos of himself with the younger Duggars from Christmas, so he's either visiting or living with them. His Instagram is here.

Witsec7

It could be their old bus with an advertising skin applied. Thats what makes a plain wrap bus more valuable, you can always sell advertising space. I would bet the cat, a PAC is covering ALL the expenses of this jaunt.

clover_leigh

I used to laugh at Rick thinking he could be elected. But..if every Quiverfull eligible to vote,gets behind him,we may be in trouble.

Witsec7
I used to laugh at Rick thinking he could be elected. But..if every Quiverfull eligible to vote,gets behind him,we may be in trouble.

The rough estimates I get is that there are about 100k-300k of QF/big family types in the US. Sorry I forgot where I read that. I've not checked Santorm's funding of late, I wonder if donations are pouring into the coffers. At one point I could link the duggars to 8 PACs directly or indirectly. Smugger is probably a big for draw the twenty something vote.

Buzzard

I'm not surprised that they're backing Santorum. I was actually surprised they had stayed out of politics for this long... but with the "death" and all... I think thats going to play right into this.

I dont think the Duggars are going to sway anyone in the same sense that I couldnt give a flying fuck who brad pitt or charlie sheen supports.

crazyforkate

If Boob gets behind him, there will be more than enough Santorum for all.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

lilwriter85
I'm not surprised that they're backing Santorum. I was actually surprised they had stayed out of politics for this long... but with the "death" and all... I think thats going to play right into this.

I dont think the Duggars are going to sway anyone in the same sense that I couldnt give a flying fuck who brad pitt or charlie sheen supports.

This. I do think the Duggars might sway some of the prolife fans into supporting Santorum.

Witsec7
If Boob gets behind him, there will be more than enough Santorum for all.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I think you just won eleventy internets. :clap:

doggie

you forget a quiverful family is a single vote family.

Witsec7

There are always work arounds when you make up your own religious tradition. Its been happening for centuries.

Buzzard

Not necessarily. Some of them get absentee ballots for all eligible voters and daddy sends them in. Cant remember which blog thats from...

Rachel333

Santorum has really been coming from behind in Iowa, hasn't he?

(Sorry, that was immature. :P ) I don't know why, but I'm somewhat surprised by the Duggars picking Santorum, though I can see it now. I thought Perry would be more their style.

Rosa

The AWESOME thing going on in Iowa is, they asked Michele Bachmann to step back in favor of Santorum and she said HELL NO and went around asking for pastors to support her - she's split the IFB voters, and I wouldn't be surprised if a chunk of regular Christian Conservatives stuck with her, too.

These folks cooperate like cats in a feedsack.

starfish

Rick Perry has the desirable hair-do that Jim bob probably covets.

They are also intellectual equals, which ain't saying much, folks...

tabitha2

Jonathan Hartono is an ATI exchange student from Indonesia that stayed with them several months ago along with his sister Jennifer,who I know was on the show though i don't remember if he was.Guess he is back.