IGNORED

The Maxwells were blessed this Christmas, as always

gardenvarietycitizen

What the hell kind of bible requires a cover with handles? It must be the super dooper illustrated edition or something.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What the hell kind of bible requires a cover with handles? It must be the super dooper illustrated edition or something.

I have a multi-version Bible that is quite heavy. It has 4 versions side by side, so two versions of the same chapter on the right page and two versions of that chapter on the left. I doubt that's what she has though as most Fundies are KJV only or whatever. I also got one when I got married that had extra studies interspersed, it wasn't heavy but it was thick and bulky.

I'd get Teri one of those 24 pack cubes of Pepsi for Christmas with a lock on it so Stevo couldn't get near it.

Sarah got a new bible cover. I am sure it is exactly what she has always wanted, because what else could an almost thirty year old stay at home daughter possibly want or need?

A vibrator?

I hope Reversal Anna is really, really into candles, or someone has no clue what to give an 18 year old young woman. I hope it's a fun smelling one that she might enjoy, and not a pillar candle that's meant to be a decoration. when. you. have. your. own. house.

I'm assuming Sarah needs a carrying case for her bible because she takes it with her when she visits "The Elderly"? Otherwise, a carrying case is pointless.

I suppose, given Sarah's life, there really isn't much else that would be daddy approved, or even necessary. It's not like she has a home of her own and needs small kitchen appliances or towels or bedding or even decorations. Does she even have a bedroom of her own, to decorate as she chooses? The more I think, the more I see that really, a bible cover is the only practical gift she could possibly have been given. She can't read non daddy approved material, so books are out. She only wears clothes that match her sisters, so it's not like she got to say she wanted a specific sweater or skirt. She doesn't have friends or a social life, so movie tickets or restaurant gift cards would be out. No gift cards for anything else would be practical either, since no doubt she doesn't actually go shopping anywhere. No DVD's or CD's or iTune money to download something she would choose. Short of a chastity belt, a bible cover was the only possible option.

In that last photo grandpop looks like he's all tuckered out from all that excitement. Wow. What a family.

OMgosh! That last pic w/ Teri & NR Anna in matching dresses makes Teri look so heavy. :? Not a flattering look at all. I wonder if Anna made her that dress. I was happy to see the girls did get some toys.

It's not just the two of them in those frumpers, is it? I think Abigail has the same dress on in earlier photos.

The young girls got toys, AND are not there in the last family photo because their nuclear family couldn't make it to the gathering. I think it's yet another sliver of evidence that they're getting at least some time apart and maybe some other influences in life - I wonder where they were that night, if they were just at their own house around the corner or if they went to visit with (gasp!) outsiders of some sort. Is Melanie's family anywhere nearby?

The book cover looks nice enough but I can't imagine being given a new book cover, for the one and ONLY book I'm allowed to read, again and again and again and again, and being so thrilled. I mean, you put it on, and what, it's done! Hopefully she got some other stuff too, new pens or something at least.

But someone has a white iDevice in the play-dough picture. It looks flat, too... almost like a white iPhone 4. But would that even be possible???

I'm assuming Sarah needs a carrying case for her bible because she takes it with her when she visits "The Elderly"? Otherwise, a carrying case is pointless.

Or when she travels to Idaho soon. ;)

I suppose, given Sarah's life, there really isn't much else that would be daddy approved, or even necessary. It's not like she has a home of her own and needs small kitchen appliances or towels or bedding or even decorations. Does she even have a bedroom of her own, to decorate as she chooses? The more I think, the more I see that really, a bible cover is the only practical gift she could possibly have been given. She can't read non daddy approved material, so books are out. She only wears clothes that match her sisters, so it's not like she got to say she wanted a specific sweater or skirt. She doesn't have friends or a social life, so movie tickets or restaurant gift cards would be out. No gift cards for anything else would be practical either, since no doubt she doesn't actually go shopping anywhere. No DVD's or CD's or iTune money to download something she would choose. Short of a chastity belt, a bible cover was the only possible option.

Even something more personal would be nice. Nice smelling hand lotion? Fuzzy slippers? An ultra soft bathrobe? A nail manicure kit? A curling iron (I'm sure "The Elderly" might enjoy a gussied up visitor.) Even an origami "how-to" book might be....oh....wait...never mind....

Even something more personal would be nice. Nice smelling hand lotion? Fuzzy slippers? An ultra soft bathrobe? A nail manicure kit? A curling iron (I'm sure "The Elderly" might enjoy a gussied up visitor.) Even an origami "how-to" book might be....oh....wait...never mind....

I get the feeling those things aren't allowed. They could become idols. Scented lotion could distract her thoughts when she should be having time with the lord. Fuzzy slippers are way to frivolous and do nothing for the glory of god and don't bless anyone. Manicures would probably make her a harlot and immodest. Same with false curls in her hair.

The worst part of this? How easy it was to make excuses why none of those would be acceptable to their idol, er, Steve.

Can someone please break the little girls of the "scrunched up face" smile like Spinster Aunt Anna?? Also, break Spinster Aunt Anna of the scrunched up face smile as well. Maybe this would help her secure a hubby??

Sorry.... I flunked the Maxwell name and face matching game... I keep thinking Sarah is Reversal Anna.... Reversal Anna looks older than Sarah.

Edited because I am clearly a graduate of the SOTDRT

Anna marie does NOT look pregnant. Look closely she appears very much to have no tummy at all. What is up???

And what was up with that one comment about NR-Anna doing such a good job hiding her baby bump? I thought fundy women were proud to be prego.

And what was up with that one comment about NR-Anna doing such a good job hiding her baby bump? I thought fundy women were proud to be prego.

Given Steve's twisted views on everything else, I can see him thinking it immodest to allow a woman's belly to be visible or obvious. Yeah, most fundies revel in their fertility, but Steve is even more whacked out than most fundies.

It's not just the two of them in those frumpers, is it? I think Abigail has the same dress on in earlier photos.

The young girls got toys, AND are not there in the last family photo because their nuclear family couldn't make it to the gathering. I think it's yet another sliver of evidence that they're getting at least some time apart and maybe some other influences in life - I wonder where they were that night, if they were just at their own house around the corner or if they went to visit with (gasp!) outsiders of some sort. Is Melanie's family anywhere nearby?

The book cover looks nice enough but I can't imagine being given a new book cover, for the one and ONLY book I'm allowed to read, again and again and again and again, and being so thrilled. I mean, you put it on, and what, it's done! Hopefully she got some other stuff too, new pens or something at least.

But someone has a white iDevice in the play-dough picture. It looks flat, too... almost like a white iPhone 4. But would that even be possible???

They posted once that Nath's family spends Xmas day with Melanie's family. They are near as they met at church. (before Stevie started his own church.)

The boys have iPhones.

The Maxwells are so blessed. They had extra family time for the holidays. I'm not sure how they could possibly get extra family time when they are with each other 24/7/365, but, whatever. They also gave practical gifts and shopped in teams and it was a blessing and, of course, special. Sarah got a new bible cover. I am sure it is exactly what she has always wanted, because what else could an almost thirty year old stay at home daughter possibly want or need?

And, Teri and NR Anna had matching frumpers! Assimilation is definitely complete for poor NR Anna. She is officially and fully a Maxwell. Saddest thing I've seen this holiday season, among all the fundies.

ETA: Because I just noticed that poor Abby has a matching frumper too. Three generations of frumpers. They must be so proud.

WELL... god didnt give them a HAM, so they cant be too blessed!

They posted once that Nath's family spends Xmas day with Melanie's family. They are near as they met at church. (before Stevie started his own church.)

The boys have iPhones.

The iPhone in the picture has a pink cover. Either the boys are gender neutral or the girl's have iPhones too. Which, to me, is a total and complete waste. Who do they call or text? What can they download and listen to? What could they use the Web for, since it is probably so tightly locked down? What apps could they actually be allowed to use, other than Bible quote of the day or the weather?

Christopher and NR Anna do seem very happy with each other, don't they? They are always touching each other in photos and they look comfortable doing it, I think.

Only Teri, NR Anna, and Abbie had the matching dresses; did someone run out of fabric? Seems kind of odd that only those three matched.

Do you suppose they ever get tired of each other? They have family time every single day, all day, so Christmas Day is like any other for the Maxwells. Has NR Anna been able to visit her family since the wedding? I wonder if she and Christopher will be allowed to celebrate any holidays with her family?

That is definitely an iPhone in an Otterbox Defender case in the play dough photo-and it is pink! so I doubt it belongs to one of the "boys" in the family. Could Mary possible have one? I think you can block or filter the Internet. I am sure you still have to pay the monthly data fee. Why would they need/want an iPhone if it has to be crippled to "protect and shelter" the children? Since they are nearly always at home, they can use the computer. They do have their trips in Uriah, but they have laptops. So which one of the girls has that iPhone? Teri? She doesn't seem like a pink person to me.

In defense of the scrunched up smile for the little girls, many young children make that face when smiling for a camera. They have normal smiles until someone breaks out the camera, then the scrunched up smiles appear. My kids did that and so did my sister's kids, my cousins' kids, etc.

Christopher and NR Anna do seem very happy with each other, don't they? They are always touching each other in photos and they look comfortable doing it, I think.

Only Teri, NR Anna, and Abbie had the matching dresses; did someone run out of fabric? Seems kind of odd that only those three matched.

Do you suppose they ever get tired of each other? They have family time every single day, all day, so Christmas Day is like any other for the Maxwells. Has NR Anna been able to visit her family since the wedding? I wonder if she and Christopher will be allowed to celebrate any holidays with her family?

That is definitely an iPhone in an Otterbox Defender case in the play dough photo-and it is pink! so I doubt it belongs to one of the "boys" in the family. Could Mary possible have one? I think you can block or filter the Internet. I am sure you still have to pay the monthly data fee. Why would they need/want an iPhone if it has to be crippled to "protect and shelter" the children? Since they are nearly always at home, they can use the computer. They do have their trips in Uriah, but they have laptops. So which one of the girls has that iPhone? Teri? She doesn't seem like a pink person to me.

In defense of the scrunched up smile for the little girls, many young children make that face when smiling for a camera. They have normal smiles until someone breaks out the camera, then the scrunched up smiles appear. My kids did that and so did my sister's kids, my cousins' kids, etc.

I think it may be Sarah's - she is always the contact person when they do conferences.

In fairness, maybe NR Anna is just really shy about her changing body? She might not want the "omg, you're so HUGE" comments that pregnant women get (and I can't say I blame her). She wore very modest clothing before, so it would make sense to me if she was trying to hide her bump as much as possible.

Archived