IGNORED

The Maxwells were blessed this Christmas, as always

gardenvarietycitizen

That was fantastic... and sad... and amazing. Now we just need The Free Jingers to record it.

Ask and you shall recieve...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtP-ZcKU ... wk1aG1iITl

It's not terribly amazing... I mean I was kinda reading the lyrics, and I couldnt find a comfortable way to get set up to where I ws in the shot better...

Need to fix that "Ask if we're good people" line because it doesnt fit all the way in... unless thats just me.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not terribly amazing... I mean I was kinda reading the lyrics, and I couldnt find a comfortable way to get set up to where I ws in the shot better...

Need to fix that "Ask if we're good people" line because it doesnt fit all the way in... unless thats just me.

Very impressive!!

I swear Steve Maxwell is the most controlling of all fundie dads/husbands to ever live. It's crazy how they are too fundie for fundies and are on a whole other level of their own and can't even stand going to "church" with other fundies and rarely associate with them.

What's that? Maxwell Xmas songs? Snow on the ground in Omaha? Ahem.

To the tune of "Winter Wonderland": :dance:

...had to.

Fan-flipping-tastic! Two enthusiastic thumbs up! Fine family fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

That's just fantastic!!!! :P

Just to add this is fantastic.

The line does fit in - he'll ask if we're good people,we'll say no man - you just need a quick beat for 'he'll ask if we're good people

Brava, GVC!

I will be teaching a piano lesson in a few hours that will include that song -- wonder if my student will notice me giggling as the parody lyrics run through my head? :D

Ask and you shall receive...

HA! That is great!! :) Ah, the magic of the intertubes.

The line does fit in - he'll ask if we're good people,we'll say no man - you just need a quick beat for 'he'll ask if we're good people...

Yep, that's how it went in my head.

I am definitely thankful for all the love :) The fact that there's a place on the internet where people would share the humor, I am very happy I found a place

with similarly obsessed and snarky people, ykwim? :D

I'll work it out and fix it when my computer gets fixed up.

The intertubes are awesome :D I was able to find a midi file to download for free and everything! :D

• 3 weeks later...

The Maxwells are so blessed. They had extra family time for the holidays. I'm not sure how they could possibly get extra family time when they are with each other 24/7/365, but, whatever. They also gave practical gifts and shopped in teams and it was a blessing and, of course, special. Sarah got a new bible cover. I am sure it is exactly what she has always wanted, because what else could an almost thirty year old stay at home daughter possibly want or need?

And, Teri and NR Anna had matching frumpers! Assimilation is definitely complete for poor NR Anna. She is officially and fully a Maxwell. Saddest thing I've seen this holiday season, among all the fundies.

ETA: Because I just noticed that poor Abby has a matching frumper too. Three generations of frumpers. They must be so proud.

It's interesting they call the presents "practical". While there aren't sinful entertainment stuff like LCD monitors and DVD videos, I'd wager that the guys look at the power tools as "fun things" even if they won't admit it out loud. Sarah's bible cover looks nice. I guess buying nice purses would be too sinful so they buy multiple bible covers. Their Christmas sounds like a nice time.....if it wasn't for the fact they spend the rest of the year, day in and day out, with each other. How is Xmas any different than any other night (bible reading, songs, praying)? It's nice to see the little girls getting "fun" stuff like dolls. At least they can still enjoy a bit more of their free time before Steve decides it becomes an idol....

Sarah getting a Bible cover, reminds me of the movie Sugar&Spice, when that Christian girl gets a Bible for Christmas and she is clearly annoyed.

I just wonder if she wanted one, or even needed one. Did she have a real choice in saying what she wanted or needed? Does she even know if there is something she wants, or does Steve determine everyone's needs?

When I was 29, for Christmas my then fiance, now ex husband, bought me a pair of earrings that were set similar to my engagement ring. So not practical, but since it was a gift to and for me, it was totally given with me and only me in mind. That same year my mom gave me tickets to see Cher. I cannot imagine being 29 years old and living that life. No choices. No mind of her own. I wonder what goes on in her head, for real. She has little experience so it can't bee too sinful in there, but somewhere, sometimes, she has to actually have thoughts of "I want...", "I wish...", "why...", "what about me...". She has to then bury those thoughts or fall to her knees to repent of her sin. Such a total waste of the life given to her by her father's god.

Is it just me, or does Sarah look like she's been spending a lot of time crying? Not that I would be surprised, obvs.

NR Anna and Christopher seem to genuinely like each other...she's the only one of the female Maxwells whose smile reaches her eyes. They look cute in that family photo, despite the hideous frumper.

Teri...Teri is clearly ready to snap.

Mary is really blossoming. And there might still be time for her. Free Mary!

Yes, yes, "special" and "blessings" are all well and good, but you missed the operative question...

...was it "sweet"??

ETA: Abigail's new doll is wearing quite the defrauding garment...a frumper it's not.

OMG, Christopher's socked feet are showing!! That is sooooooooo relaxed and weird looking for him. I don't think I have ever seen Chris in just socks before. Sadly, this excited me even more than that boring Bible cover. Chris is really loosening up! IF he ever goes without a belt I think I'll be in shock.

OMgosh! That last pic w/ Teri & NR Anna in matching dresses makes Teri look so heavy. :? Not a flattering look at all. I wonder if Anna made her that dress. I was happy to see the girls did get some toys.

Archived