IGNORED

Smockity: There Oughta Be A Law

godlytomatosoup

I guess I'm a bitch. My belief is "no receipt - no return or exchange".

Me too. So many people pull scams with returning products.

OOOH- THE CARDING UNDER 40 THING IS MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE!!!!! My local grocery store has started this for buying alcohol. NO ONE thinks my frumpity, middle aged, kid weary self is under 21. They don't even think I am under 31. AND YET- every time I try to buy a bottle of wine I have to whip that stupid ID out. Drives me crazy- kids running around, toddler screaming in the cart, and here I am trying to find my ID when I have been legally drinking for 19 YEARS!!! Gah. Makes me nuts.

I pull my ID out and slip it in my pocket so I can be holding it when I go through the checkout. Same with what ever means I am pay.

So there can be 5 people, all of them of age, one forgets their ID and no-one else is allowed to buy alcohol because they 'might be supplying someone underage'. Yet no-one would stop an older adult from buying alcohol if they had a 16-year-old with them.

I was 25 when I married, my DH 23. The first time we went to a liquor store for DH to buy liquor they asked me for my ID. I don't drink and told them that. Didn't matter, so I showed my ID. They started to ring up the purchase. I said you can't sell him alcohol if you don't check his ID too. They said they could because they could tell he was over 21. LOL, I said he's younger than me, I don't drink, and you wouldn't sell him the booze without my ID, makes no sense. :roll:

Archived