IGNORED

The New Year's Ball

ladypuglover

The Sanders have more pics up from the New Years weekend, pics of Bethany's shower and whatnot. And thanks, Abbi! One of the very first pictures is of Rachel, looking very pregnant and happy.

I think the pic of Mrs. Sanders eating is with Mrs. Smith. If that's the case, Mrs. Smith has a new, short haircut.

I notice that other families are apparently giving their photos to Abbi to post. These pics are half from the Roberts. I guess that shoots holes in the "The Roberts boys are featured so much!" theory, though I still say they're getting to that age.

Lise and Cleve seem pretty comfy.

I had no clue Nick was that old! I would have pegged him for sixteen.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made another connection between all these fundies that I hadn't made before. Lauren, the cousin of Taylor Tsantles (acornerpillar.com) was there for the weekend. More families tied by their fundie beliefs. Of course, I know the Morton's were at the Tsantles wedding, but I guess I am still surprised to see how connected they all truly are. Well, surprised isn't the right word, but it's not unexpected. Maybe it's more like 'duh, of course they are in the same circles you idiot, what other circles would they be in'?

What I really don't know is who the F family is?

I made another connection between all these fundies that I hadn't made before. Lauren, the cousin of Taylor Tsantles (acornerpillar.com) was there for the weekend. More families tied by their fundie beliefs. Of course, I know the Morton's were at the Tsantles wedding, but I guess I am still surprised to see how connected they all truly are. Well, surprised isn't the right word, but it's not unexpected. Maybe it's more like 'duh, of course they are in the same circles you idiot, what other circles would they be in'?

What I really don't know is who the F family is?

I didn't realize Lauren and David? are the Tsantles' cousins. He's been helping the Roberts farm a lot, judging by the blog posts.

I know I've seen the word Frich thrown around, maybe that's them? But I don't know who they are.

Agreed, I've been rooting for Willie and Abbi for awhile (though I admit I get the two older Roberts boys mixed up, so maybe I've been rooting for A Roberts Boy and Abbi).

Count me in as yet another who had no idea Lauren and Joseph and the Tsantles were related.

The "Lauren" pictured in the post looks to be Lauren Zimmerman, former southern belle who currently resides in the wilds of Alaska with husband Tait, likely visiting her family for the holidays in S. Carolina? The "F's" could be the Fitzhenrys (Lauren's maiden name). Am I barking up the wrong tree here, someone set me straight if I am :)

The Lauren in the pic is definitely Lauren from A Corner Pillar. Look at her in the pic and on her site.

And, before everyone believes I know what I'm talking about - I went back to her blog to find the post that gave me the impression she is a Tsantles cousin. It would seem that I may have misinterpreted something, although I can't say for sure. I do swear I saw a picture of her and Taylor's sister that indicated they were cousins, but I can't find it. But, what I did find is that she is much like the Morton girl who blogs...I don't know which one does the blogging in that family - it seems like *everyone* is referred to as Aunt and/or Uncle, related or not, and it is entirely possible that that is what made me think they're related.

Somewhere, through her blog, I got that impression. I will not rest until I find it, even though it's really hard weeding through her incessant stay at home daughter ramblings.

Edit: I totally mixed up my stay at home daughters and was completely wrong. My bad. Brittany, aka Fifi (fifismemories.blogspot.com), is the Tsantles cousin. Lauren and family go to the VF conferences and have as many pictures as the Mortons and Sanders of the events, and somewhere along the line I am assuming I just plugged her in, or something. Either that or I haven't got a clue, there are too many inter-connected fundies, related or not, and keeping up is impossible.

Yep, all fundie Laurens look alike to me, that's why I need FJ to be my interpretive guide at times, thanks! :) Lauren Z and Pillar Lauren have more than a passing resemblance tho......my fundie Ph.D is going to be rescinded if I keep slipping up like this. Damn.

Next year - someone needs to start scamming their blog early. Then we should all call, reserve a room at their home and make it a FJ Ball.......

I THOUGHT I saw Matt V. (Andy's younger brother, Andy is married to MamaAnt's BB) at the New Year's Ball! I thought it unlikely since he lives in Idaho. But it looks like he was there, and stayed with the Sanders for a week after, along with one or two other men who look to be in their late teens/early 20s. Fascinating!

That's who he is! I read that and knew I'd seen him but couldn't figure out who he belonged to.

I hope they're not going to betroth any Sanders daughters to him. I think that family is kind of whackadoodle and from what I read of Matt's blog when it was linked up to Brittney's, he's the whackadoodle-iest of them all.

• 2 years later...

I'm totally bringing this thread back to life to say I desperately need information about the Mortons' NYE Ball if one occurred to ring in 2014. I want to see weird costumes related to the Reformation! I want to see people dancing "in family" (no notty non-related folks acting like they are in P&P together on the Morton farm). I need Adeline to say something ignorant! What's going on in that barn now that Cleve and Lise Marie have moved away?!?!?!?!?

Didn't realize how old this thread was and I only just got into the Mortons recently, but I loved reading the menus from a past one - guests were essentially asked to bring EVERYTHING. For a salad bar, the Mortons only provided lettuce and asked the others to bring all the toppings (including chicken nuggets? wtf? and veggies were the last option), for a hot dog lunch for guests to bring the actual hot dogs, for a breakfast to bring the eggs and fruit and other "exotic" foods, etc. They barely provide anything!

• 3 weeks later...

thebrothersfive5.blogspot.com has lots of pics, including Marf w/her fiancé.....

Go take yourself to gawk at some serious cultural misappropriation now ppl! "Indians" are not costumes dammit.

Archived