IGNORED

The New Year's Ball

ladypuglover

Would anyone else have gone to the Morton Ball if they had been invited and lived close enough or am I alone in wishing I could have gone?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they having a ball? They haven't updated in forever. If it was costume and dancing I would have gone with you just to see how Cleve and Lise and the rest of the gang seem in person.

Depends, maybe, but I'd make it a point to get kicked out early when I openly drank from my flask. I'd loiter a bit as I sauntered out and perhaps I would light a big stinky joint too. But thats just me.

Would anyone else have gone to the Morton Ball if they had been invited and lived close enough or am I alone in wishing I could have gone?

Sure, I'd go.

calathoraball.blogspot.com/2011/12/welcome-to-2011-calathora-new-years.html

How did you find the invite? Oh and thank you for sharing it.

I think I would have to ask my sister which ancestor to go as. Some of mine would be quite shocking and some would be to fundy for even the Mortons. Who would you go as?

I just googled Morton family ball and it came up.

I suggest you bring a pug. I couldn't go unfortunately, from the invites it appears single women are unwanted unless they are maidens, and my womb is closed. (please see the wambulance thread for the details). But I was thinking I'd made a good Sappho, or Patty Hearst, circa SLA.

Some balls are held for charity, some for fancy dress. But the balls that are held for pleasure are the ones I like best.

How did you find the invite? Oh and thank you for sharing it.

I think I would have to ask my sister which ancestor to go as. Some of mine would be quite shocking and some would be to fundy for even the Mortons. Who would you go as?

Florence Nightingale. I think it actually sounds fun. And I wouldn't have to worry about my peanut allergy as they specifically ask that no peanut products be brought. But who would I dance with? Perhaps Ladypuglover could go as a male ancestor. But you know Florence really wasn't the type to dance, she was far more serious. I could just be there to minister to any who became ill or injured.

I'd love to go...be interesting to see what fundie hedonism and revelry look like in the real world.

Florence Nightingale. I think it actually sounds fun. And I wouldn't have to worry about my peanut allergy as they specifically ask that no peanut products be brought. But who would I dance with? Perhaps Ladypuglover could go as a male ancestor. But you know Florence really wasn't the type to dance, she was far more serious. I could just be there to minister to any who became ill or injured.

But but but that would be cross dressing! :shock: :naughty:

If allowed to bender-gender then I could go as a bunch of different and shocking ancestors. Almost all of would be a no go as they were either damn-yankees or were strongly against slavery, fundies and general stupidity and very much for equal rights, educating women and having daughters work. Nope, I think I would be shown the door. :snooty: :hand:

I think it sounds like fun. Do they realise that in Pride and Prejudice (which they quote), they didn't dance in family groups?

I changed my costume idea, lets all go in Braveheart style with woad and kilts and everything. All those girls would faint with excitement. I already have a kilt, blue facepaint,and a wig from being William Wallace a few years ago for Halloween.

Woot! A dress-up ball + genealogy? I'd so be there! And I'd go as my very distant great-grandfather, Constantine the Great. Yeah, that whole December holiday thing you* all love to fight about ... Arent you glad he decided to go with that over the traditional Saturnalia? And, you're welcome. :D

Note: you* = the obnoxiously vocal "war on Christmas" complaint brigade.

You'd have had to bring a husband or father or brother if you wanted to dance. I remember reading on an earlier invite that "to preserve purity" only family members could dance with each other.

The thing is, they seem to have the same families there every year. They need to bring in some fresh meat if they want to marry off all these girls.

I would go as Salome, if I still had my 22-year-old body.

Well if we get to go as we were at 22 then I will go as a can-can dancer. Nope, no can-can dancers in my family but it is a fun dance. Or the spider dance of Lola Montez!!!1!

1n-98aBkdiY

I would either go as Susan B Anthony, a stripper, or Satan in lady form. Needless to say I wouldn't last long. :P

I wouldn't go. Because they're jerks. Cutesy, pretty jerks, but jerks nonetheless. And starting off the New Year with jerks just seems like a bad precedent for the year.

Hells yes I would go! The pics always look like fun, I love costumes, and I could gawk at Cleve!

ETA: I have to dress up as an anscestor? Well, there is only one cool one....the witch from Scotland in the 1600's! (and I'm not kidding about that, from what we know she rocked!")

I wouldn't go. It would be impossible for me to refrain from comment the whole night and I wouldn't do that to myself being the selfish, ungodly and unfeminine person that I am. Hours in a room full of fundies playing dress up is right up there with a root canal on my fun list. At least a root canal would serve a purpose, though.

I would go as a 20's flapper with a pint of whiskey in my purse. And it wouldn't take much for me to get drunk and rowdy only getting 1 sweet and 1 salty hors d'oeuvre for dinner!

Archived