IGNORED

Guess who got a new pack and play for Christmas?

Witsec7

Let's talk Christmas presents! I love hearing what people are excited about. I am loving the new pair of black heels my mom bought me. They have a slightly pointed toe and look much more sophisticated. She made me choose between a leather jacket and a crock pot as my other big gift, and I chose the leather jacket, then decided to take it back and exchange it for another that is a bit more flattering.

T1 got some big toys, but we're leaving them here. My parents are giving him their pack n' play, which is the best gift sine we were going to buy another one for him (he has outgrown the mini one he uses now). Oh, and the two adorable jackets my mom got him are a win as well. I think we'll have to start getting out of the house just so he can show off his darling outfits!

That Husband is loving his new Kindle. Does anyone know how I can borrow books from other Kindle users? I feel like I heard about something like that on Twitter.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, T1 will certainly have a lot of fun with his playpen and his new jackets. Maybe letting him WEAR a jacket when he's IN the playpen for double the excitement!

:evil: Take the leather jacket and the Kindle back to the fucking store and buy that baby an actual bed!!!!!

Cheezus, this woman pisses me off.

How old is that kid ? Isn't he getting close to two ??? And because he outgrew his mini-pack n' play they were actually going to purchase a larger one ... wow. Shouldn't she be thinking of a toddler bed if he is too big ? And they are leaving his cool new toys at grandma's ?? So many levels of wrong.

How old is that kid ? Isn't he getting close to two ??? And because he outgrew his mini-pack n' play they were actually going to purchase a larger one ... wow. Shouldn't she be thinking of a toddler bed if he is too big ? And they are leaving his cool new toys at grandma's ?? So many levels of wrong.

I don't think there is enough room in the bathroom for a toddler bed.

Upon further reading I guess hubby will be taking a job in San Francisco upon graduation. This from Jena Coles twitter.

edited for accuracy

Ugh. You know, at this point even a crib mattress on the floor in their room would be a HUGE improvement. That poor little boy. :(

No, that was my first reaction too.

I also thought it would be about Josie. At least T1 got something new to sleep in for the bathroom.

who is this person or blog? sorry I am not familiar, but guessing its a fundie Mom who cares more about herself than the toddler!

And seriously... who gets expensive presents like shoes and leather jackets from their Mom after their married and have kids? I'm 25 and single and don't get presents from my Mom anymore, unless its some cheap thing she found on sale that she though I could use!

Um... our kids are grown and we get them nice stuff when we can afford it, and nice but inexpensive stuff when we can't. This year they all got some pretty cool gifts. We get our grandkids gifts too. Your kids don't stop being your kids just because they are grown.

Um... our kids are grown and we get them nice stuff when we can afford it, and nice but inexpensive stuff when we can't. This year they all got some pretty cool gifts. We get our grandkids gifts too. Your kids don't stop being your kids just because they are grown.

How many of your grandchildren have lived in a bathroom from birth to 2?

And seriously... who gets expensive presents like shoes and leather jackets from their Mom after their married and have kids? I'm 25 and single and don't get presents from my Mom anymore, unless its some cheap thing she found on sale that she though I could use!

My mom likes to shop, so my siblings, sibling in laws and myself all get nice gifts from my parents. My sibling's kids get expensive gifts too. It's just what our family does, and my grandparents did the same thing for my parents up until the year they died. We get lots of presents, anything from cheap to expensive, homemade and purchased. (Homemade doesn't usually mean cheap in our family, several of us are artists who regularly sell things we make.)

Upon further reading I guess hubby will be taking a job in San Francisco upon graduation. This from Jena Coles twitter.

edited for accuracy

Oh, good luck. He's going to have to make a buttload to afford a decent APARTMENT, let alone rent a house, unless they live in the unsavory parts of SF, Oakland, Daly City (thinking of places commutable to SF by car). Then have to pay a shitload to park his car every day...OR commute which also costs a bundle.

I live in the Bay Area in a rent-controlled apartment; it's the only way people not making 6 figure incomes (or one less than 6 figure income, as is our case while I'm in school) can live comfortably here. Of course, I'm comfortable without having to impress the Jonses. If THAT Husband is in a career where they have to entertain and be entertained to keep his job, good luck keeping up.

fair enough, I just thought it seemed strange! I always tell my Mom to save her money and spend it on the grandkids, and my siblings are the same, just wouldn't expect something like shoes and leather jacket from my Mother now I'm an adult, seemed quite teenaged to me. But obviously every family is different.

Oh, good luck. He's going to have to make a buttload to afford a decent APARTMENT, let alone rent a house, unless they live in the unsavory parts of SF, Oakland, Daly City (thinking of places commutable to SF by car). Then have to pay a shitload to park his car every day...OR commute which also costs a bundle.

I live in the Bay Area in a rent-controlled apartment; it's the only way people not making 6 figure incomes (or one less than 6 figure income, as is our case while I'm in school) can live comfortably here. Of course, I'm comfortable without having to impress the Jonses. If THAT Husband is in a career where they have to entertain and be entertained to keep his job, good luck keeping up.

I figure he'll be entry level at 80K. I figure the kid will be living in a bathroom most of his life. And she wanted to have another kid, how the fuck is she gonna fit two into a bathroom? She's finding house rentals at 5k, no mention of where they are, but for 5k you can't possibly get that much in the city. Ach she also said she'd rather be in Palo Alto.

So true, I taught in the south bay for a few years and rented a run down place in a nice, but very rural area in order to afford rent. It was one bedroom, the only heat was a wood stove, and the rent was nearly $1000. After looking at many places, it was a good deal. And this wasn't even in SF itself. BUT, she may mean "Bay Area" when she says SF, I've run into a lot of people who don't realize how big the SF bay area is, and just generalize and say "we're going to SF."

The kid is close to 2, right? They could start transitioning him to a toddler bed. The cheapest Kindle on the market right now is $79 and a quick search on both Amazon and Babies R Us indicates a wide range of toddler beds for less than $79. The problem is that a toddler bed requires a crib mattress. Since this baby has been sleeping in a pack & play in the flipping bathroom, I don't think they have one to use. Also, not every kid is ready to transition to a bed before 2. The only people I know IRL who moved a kid to a bed before 2 years old were those who needed the crib for a new arrival. These two would also have to actually clear out the extra bedroom and make it safe for a free-roaming toddler, and we know that won't be happening.

Little Bug is 17 months old and nowhere near ready to have a toddler bed. We're all pretty happy with her in a crib and we plan to keep her in it until she starts trying to climb out. We're hoping we can get her past her 2nd birthday before we need to transition her to a big girl bed.

Our kid still occasionally naps in a Pack & Play, and if the grandparents were babysitting overnight she'd be sleeping in one. She's within the weight and size limits and I see no problem with having her do that once in a while. I do think it's cruel to have a toddler sleeping in a playard/travel crib every night - they need comfort and space and by their very nature a Pack & Play isn't the greatest for either of those.

He's going to be working on the Embarcadero, I don't think she has a clue as to how much this will cost. Depending on his position he can go in at 80k-170k. I'm thinking between 80 and 90k a year. They probably will have to entertain, and she will need a whole new wardrobe. Oh and they have a car.

He's going to be working on the Embarcadero, I don't think she has a clue as to how much this will cost. Depending on his position he can go in at 80k-170k. I'm thinking between 80 and 90k a year. They probably will have to entertain, and she will need a whole new wardrobe. Oh and they have a car.

Maybe they'll do what my aunt and uncle did, they lived near Walnut Creek and my uncle commuted. BUT they also had an income from some family money on my aunt's side.

Maybe they'll do what my aunt and uncle did, they lived near Walnut Creek and my uncle commuted. BUT they also had an income from some family money on my aunt's side.

What does Walnut creek cost now adays? My x got the flat on Powell, but I do stay there when I'm in the city. I know he gets a bundle renting it and its only a 675 sq ft studio (nice off the street in the back of the building.) But heck thats at Powell and Clay.

Can someone tell me what type of job the husband will have in SanFran. His salary sounds ok for any other part of the country except the major coastal like SanFran.

Can someone tell me what type of job the husband will have in SanFran. His salary sounds ok for any other part of the country except the major coastal like SanFran.

He's going to work for a global management consulting firm, its a big name co. they do mergers and acquisitions. The co. will routinely pay grad degrees and salaries for the best and the brightest. In return you must work for them for x period of time after graduation. He currently gets school paid and a 'stipend'. A stipend that is healthy enough to keep thatwife in their 2bdrm Chi Town high rise. I don't know what exactly he will be doing there.

Archived