IGNORED

MD: doctors charged with murder for late term abortions

Beeks

What about Safe Haven laws?

Not my friend but this puts a huge onus on the woman to hide her entire pregnancy from her abusive ex. He drives by her house once when she's 7+ months, sees her outside, and her life is suddenly in danger? That's a big risk to take for a clump of cells. Also, if I got pregnant and couldn't keep the child, I'd always choose abortion over adoption.

Until I see some evidence that the 36 week fetus was viable, I'll assume that it wasn't. I just don't understand why everyone is wringing their hands so much like there's a good chance that it could have actually been a baby. If it turns out that it was perfectly healthy then I'll be first in line to demand charges against the doctors and the woman, but that is extremely unlikely.

According to the article linked in upthread:

http://www.cecilwhig.com/news/local_new ... 963f4.html

As for the remaining five fetuses - - the victims in the murder cases against Brigham and Riley - - medical experts concluded that they were viable and that they showed only signs of healthy development, according to court records.

According to that article, the 5 fetuses they are talking about were between 24-28 weeks old, not 36.

Gotcha...then I don't know where people are getting the 36 week fetus thing from then.

There's some mixed information here. According to that article: "A search of the Elkton clinic after the botched abortion revealed a freezer with 35 late-term fetuses inside, including one believed to have been aborted at 36 weeks." But this one says 24-28 weeks.

There's definitely a lot more to this story.

Archived