IGNORED

New Family.. homeschoolers and J names

sassyNoz47

These people confuse me. On the one hand, the whole FAMILY BAND, TWELVE KIDS, WRESTLE ME FOR MY DAUGHTER thing screams fundie, but on the other hand those photoshoots just defrauded me, and the daughters get to dance and lift weights and ride horses. Also, the eldest girl at least got the opportunity to MEET a boyfriend someplace.

Also, they're all weirdly good-looking.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He also is a Tennessee state champion in both Freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling.

Greco-Roman wrestling? I've learned this. You can put it this way : ) And I BET he is a champ in it :D

What. WHAT. That woman is way too hot to be the mother of 12.

You know, with the right clothes, hair and makeup, even Michelle Duggar could look too hot to be the mother of 19. Seriously, it's amazing what can be done...

Wow, after looking at those pics, I would say most likely not fundie, but probably evangelicals. I was allowed a lot of freedom with clothes and stuff as a fundie teen, but not that much, and def no posing like even the younger teen girls!

I'm thinking evangelical or maybe fundie lite. This family seems ok. I agree with another poster, the Bateses would find this family too worldly.

They're definitely Christians, and going by the Irish connection they speak of, probably catholic,

thewillisclan.com/About.html

This made me laugh.

We even have a front porch swing.

Remarkable! And do you sometimes have PANCAKES for breakfast?

They're definitely Christians, and going by the Irish connection they speak of, probably catholic,

thewillisclan.com/About.html

Could just as easily be protestants, the Hubs is of 98% Irish descent, and they have been protestant from waaay back!

The guide for my TV said Toby and Brenda pass on thier old fashioned values to thier children.

Then nothing was on so I had to watch it... They were different but it really seemed dad did alot of the homeschooling (mind u I saw ONE episode) and it seems like the homeschooling was poem writting and mostly music lessons. Did I read right did they say as a musical instrument several of the kids Whistle???? Or am I just missing something?? Is that a talent? Why or why does EVERY homeschool family play violins?

I was mistaken though dad didn't say they had to get married at 18 he said that they were raised to be ready for marriage at 18. Jessica didn't even spend any alone time with Micheal.... because her family has to see if they like him first..if he passes brothers inspection, then he moves to daddy, then they will let Jessica date him. Why not start with Jessica what if she ends up hating him. ? I however did NOT see the older girls taking care of the baby mom always had her and she is ONE! They actually kind of interrest me I hope next time they get to the relious stuff and so forth.. I thought the mom looked old though I didn't see her as hot..but I didn't look at the profiles on web page yet. In the episode I thought she looked to old to have a baby...but i was wondering if she was pg again wearing black it was hard to tell.

It seems like dad runs most of the show though doing the lessons and music stuff. I do kinda like how he told his kids they should be proud of how they did but they could obviously of done better...at least he didn't say it was a lesson from god and we saw real emotion and disappointment in the kids. I kinda sorta like them...but I also kinda liked the Duggars the first yr to so that means very little;)

I thought the song Jessica wrote and sang was actually really good not great but good...it does seem like dad is trying to live is life through his kids though. He works them really hard it seems.

Hmm...did a web search and I'm guessing they live in Ashland City. I wonder that I've never seen them before; I've lived in the 'burbs of Nashville for over 10 years. Oh wells. I found Brenda's facebook; looks like she went to Pensacola Christian and a few of her friends are former acquaintances of mine from back in the days (when my fam lived at the Bill Rice Ranch). Home schooling is reeeeeeeally popular in Middle TN and the type to do it is everyone from atheists to hippies to Wiccans to Christians. The extreme fundies in this area typically church- or Christian-school their children; I have heard preaching at said BRR that homeschooling is wickid. I know, right?! My mom was more concerned that we got the required high school credits so we could graduate, but lots of my friends were really great achievers. Graduating university with honors and entering and winning all kinds of contests is a really big thing in this area. It's not so much the homeschool-hide-under-a-rock kind of flavor.

I finally got around to looking at the profiles on the kids... I'm shocked I've never heard of them before.

The page for Julie bugs me because the pics on her page just DO NOT look like a 8yr old , why it bugs me so much idk lol it just does! If its just a case of using older photos then WHY the other kids are all updated even the 1 yr old. Mom is into photography so they should have plenty of pics. I have a 8yr old maybe thats why it bugs me :) Julie in the photos looks more like a 3 or 4 yr old.

I finally got around to looking at the profiles on the kids... I'm shocked I've never heard of them before.

The page for Julie bugs me because the pics on her page just DO NOT look like a 8yr old , why it bugs me so much idk lol it just does! If its just a case of using older photos then WHY the other kids are all updated even the 1 yr old. Mom is into photography so they should have plenty of pics. I have a 8yr old maybe thats why it bugs me :) Julie in the photos looks more like a 3 or 4 yr old.

I think that everyone except the 4 oldest kids look super young for their ages. They have 13 and 12(?) year old boys, and they both look younger than my 11 year old.

I know that I looked young for my age as a kid, even in my 20's I looked younger than I was.

I watched an episode of wife swap (The Grimes family, I believe), where the family went to school and wore regular looking clothes (A little modest), but was very active in church and the mom was overly bubbly and acted like a naive but likable child. Only had two kids, but one was a girl. She wanted to take dance lessons, and the mother was thrilled to find irish dancing bc there was no hip swinging at all, so it was not sexual. I think they do other kind of dance too, but this may be why they are so into it.

I'm watching the show now and the family seems ok. I wish they would visit the Duggars and dance in front of them. The oldest son Jeremiah seems like a good kid.

I'm watching them, too. So far I like them, but I'm waiting for them to let their crazy flag fly. I used to be a fan of the Duggars, so maybe they've just jaded me.

I'm watching them, too. So far I like them, but I'm waiting for them to let their crazy flag fly. I used to be a fan of the Duggars, so maybe they've just jaded me.

The crazy flag will probably fly at some point. But I think I will probably continue to find this family more likable than the Duggars. The parents don't seem like huge assholes like Boob and Mullet.

Jedi? Star wars, really? And when he joins the band, everyone wil be saying "Do you have moves like Jaeger?" FAIL epic fail.

At least they didn't do the J name thing to mock the Duggars.. Since its NOT a TLC show that makes me like it even more. Did anyone notice on the family blog under news it showed them fliming and producing or something like that.. so does that mean they are shooting this all themselfs? No camera crew? I know that the dads occupation is flim and production so I guess its possible idk.

Archived