IGNORED

Did I see Jim Bob Dancing?

roddma

I don't really consider this dancing as opposed to him just being an idiot in front of his kids. I am lukewarm on the Duggars, but any time a dad is being funny and making his kids laugh in good fun then I am ok with that. It is nice to see them breaking out of things and having their kids travel, even if they are in their little bubble you can't avoid the interactions like in the Dead Sea. So funny.

(snip)

I'm no prude, but I don't like the sexualisation of children you see these days. Seeing them doing pole dancing classes and the very sexualised dancing and outfits you see them doing in the pageants such. Yes that is scary! You don't think so?

(snip)

Not disagreeing with you, your statement there just reminded me of something. My tiny German village had, and still has several dancing troupes for carnival season. There's history behind it, so basically you get females of all ages dancing in pseudo-military uniforms with extremely short skirts (belts, if you like) on stage.

It was "the" thing to do as a kid. My mother said "no", because there was no way her six year-old was going to dance the can-can, showing her knickers to everyone. I didn't get it. None of my classmates, or their mothers got it. I can understand what she means now. I see where she's coming from, and am ambivalent about it now. On the one hand, it fails me how anyone can see a line of little girls dancing as sexual. I think it sexualizes children far more to make everything sexual.

On the other hand, in hindsight, I can see what made my mother forbid me. As I said, I'm ambivalent about it. But then, I'm German, my mother wasn't, so to me nudity is fairly clinical, and on the whole I do think adults are at fault for projecting sexuality onto children.

I like the part where Michelle discusses her cheerleading and how it made men look at her. She has this aggrandized ego about her, if she thinks she alone in her cheerleading outfit caused all those men to forget the game and defraud themselves. But I get the impression that is what Princess Michelle thinks. Like really, Michelle? Those spectators were more likely concerned with the football games than Michelle's body.

There are so many different types of dancing. Banning all forms of it is ridiculous. Classical ballet is beautiful IMO. Is JimBoob going to say it's somehow defrauding to men? I would like him to discuss how exactly.

And if he wants to ban all things that will defraud men in his household, good luck. I think Goddard mentioned somewhere that piano keys being black were of Satan. So, in essence, classical music played on the piano (or any instrument with black keys) is out. I bet one could make the argument that their beloved harps are defrauding to men, since the women who play them have to straddle those harps and move their arms in a sensual manner. See, JimBoob, you dumbass, anything can be construed as defrauding.

I hope those kids are able to sneak around and browse the internet and see dancing can be beautiful and certainly not defrauding.

Its kinda sad that the younger duggar (accidentally typed douger first lol) girls will never be able to pretend they are "dancing ballet" or "ice skating"

Its kinda sad that the younger duggar (accidentally typed douger first lol) girls will never be able to pretend they are "dancing ballet" or "ice skating"

I bet Josiah would become a champion in figure skating though. :oops: :whistle:

ETA - the insanely difficult word 'become' has tricked meh... :P

I always imagine that if Jichelle were to dance it would look like Elaine's dance on Seinfeld.

lmao! :lol:

I bet Josiah would become a champion in figure skating though. :oops: :whistle:

I always thought he would be most likely to be a 'friend of Dorothy' ;)

Well, I don't think Jim Bob dancing will defraud anyone! :D

EXACTLY my thought :lol: Hell, he's more likely to turn people off than on, LOL!

I There are so many different types of dancing. Banning all forms of it is ridiculous. Classical ballet is beautiful IMO. Is JimBoob going to say it's somehow defrauding to men? I would like him to discuss how exactly.

I hope those kids are able to sneak around and browse the internet and see dancing can be beautiful and certainly not defrauding.

Ballet I can imagine would be more than the Duggars could stand when you consider the costumes. Even longer tutus will reveal lots of leg if the ballerina kicks up or leaps. Short tutus show almost the entire leg at all times. Arms are mostly exposed. Some of the more minimalist ballets have quite minimalist costumes. I have seen ballets where the ballerina's leotard is a tiny wisp of fabric with spaghetti straps, often making her look naked. I don't see anything wrong with that of course. The body is the art in dance. In order to truly feel the work of the artist, one has to have freedom of movement and show the body. But just because it's not meant to be sexual doesn't mean some horny guys won't get sexual feelings from it.

Maybe Jim Bob could handle such things since he lived in the secular world for a few years, but I don't think those boys would know what to do with themselves if they saw a real ballet. They have been forced to look away from women on the street that were probably dressed more modestly than a ballerina. I think it would just overload their brains.

Here is an interview Boob and Mullet did with Beliefnet about dancing and music

http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/ ... r.aspx?p=9

From that article:

"Jim Bob Duggar: And we've just seen benefits for our family doing that. As far as dancing, something that we believe—it's a personal conviction—is that a lot of times, when a guy sees a girl dance, it really can be defrauding to a guy, especially if they're dressed immodestly. The definition of defrauding would be building up sensual desires that you cannot rightfully fulfill. Now, if my wife and I want to dance privately or something, in our room... Between a husband and wife is fine."

And that, my friends, is called THE TUBE STEAK BOOGIE!

Have they ever seen folk dancing? Like European folk dancing, not the tribal dances or arabian belly dancing. That's the most non-sexual, cultural thing ever. And those girls won't see Nutcracker EVER. It is not their folk that their bukktoof father would have horny thoughts during the sugar plum fairy part and would probably jack off underneath the jacket on his lap and then, aks Michelle to pray the horn away. Like they do, according to Michelle. (Dolly Parton episode)

They could fuckin' square dance. It's not like anyone's gonna get hot while square dancing... They used to make us square dance in elementary school. BOR-ING! It would be right up the Duggars alley IMO.

They could fuckin' square dance. It's not like anyone's gonna get hot while square dancing... They used to make us square dance in elementary school. BOR-ING! It would be right up the Duggars alley IMO.

There are a lot of dances indeed that have nothing to do with sexuality. It is just Bucktoof and his screwed up, perverted mind. :lol:

Archived