IGNORED

The Seven Sisters got matching frumpers for Xmas + updates

Daenerys

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait a minute is Rebekah one of the sisters or a family friend? I ask because there is a photo of her in capri's.

Rebekah is one of the younger girls, with darker hair.

Why would a 25 year old want to infantilise herself down to prepubescent age? I get that she's probably never dated, kissed a man, looked at a man in a sexual way, touched a guy etc, but doesn't she understand that we all have to GROW UP sometime? Do these people think that looking like an 8 year old will get them a husband, because I wouldn't want to marry someone who thought 8 year olds were good marriage material.

I'm 25. I'm pretty sure I stopped calling my mother "Mommy" when i was about 10. I still call her Momma on occasion, but that's a southern thing.

I brought up the Mommy and Daddy/Appalachian thing to try explain that SAHD aren't the only grown women who still refer to their parents that way. Loretta Lynn immediately came to mind, but in truth my mother (born and raised in Queens) and her siblings still call their mother Mommy (and my late grandfather Daddy).

One of the girls on the steps is showing toe, but with shoes on. Is that a secret message, when the rest are barefoot or hiddenfoot? :D

Down the page a bit they have a YouTube video of North Korean children playing guitars. There's no commentary other than that they're cute. THEY'RE NORTH KOREAN for fuck's sake!!! They were probably beaten and their parents threatened. And everybody's starving. And it's all for the glory of the Dear Leader. Oy. SOTDRT doesn't cover totalitarian governments, I guess.

WOW its like Little House on the Prairie never ended looking at their photos!

and also, they are very tall skinny girls aren't they?

I dunno, I like such dresses. They look good on girls, women too. It sends out ONE message to the men: get your eyes the FUCK off me. I wish I could live in a society where this is accepted instead of having to wear formal dresses that keep drawing attention to my thighs, ass, hips etc. I keep wearing scarves constantly to keep attention off my chest. I am not religious at all, but I would rather stare at girls like this than goddamn Nicki Minaj once. I am so tired of bras, panties, boots, the nonstop sexiness they keep pushing into my face. Modestwear IS a breathe of fresh air to me. And most importantly, it helps reduce 90 percent the attention that you get by men all the time. That means, it reduces the winks, attempts for eye contact, drooling, whistling, any loud noises made to let you know: they noticed you. (How fucking lucky.) It saves you from a lot of disgust, nausea, humiliation. Dressing up modestly isn't stupid at all. If I would not live in a crazy society where anything but 'seksi' or 'formal' would be allowed, I would love to dress like that. I'm tired of women seeing me as a competition just because of my height and shape, and men drooling, even when I am with my damn husband. That won't stop anyone from sending me a wink.

OK, I know it might be sick and wrong of me, but I think the jumpers and the big collars all look *adorable*. I would so torture my children with that. Not all the time, of course, not every day, but come on, just for a holiday picture. I would get that picture on the stairs and then let them go change into what they wanted. But I would get that picture, I admit it.

No problem, I kinda want to see a close up of the print on the jumper of the girl on the 2nd step (between the girl in the giant flower jumper and the girl in the pale yellow jumper.) From a distance it looks nice. If she got rid of the collar, I think that one would actually be really nice.

If I would not live in a crazy society where anything but 'seksi' or 'formal' would be allowed, I would love to dress like that. I'm tired of women seeing me as a competition just because of my height and shape, and men drooling, even when I am with my damn husband. That won't stop anyone from sending me a wink.

Where do you live that nothing other than sexy and formal is allowed?

Someplace below the 45th parallel where they don't sell Carharts in womens sizes?

Modern society... Please stop pretending that you don't know what I'm talking about. I would be a laughing stock (here's the example, or else this thread would not even exist) if I wore dresses like that. People would point their fingers and laugh out loud, call me nuts, crazy. This way, I just have to endure women's crazy jealous eyes and their disgusting husbands' look most times, bad enough. I would not judge any people, esp women who try to cover their body all the time.

I'm not understanding how frumpers are the be all end all of modest dressing. I guess I don't find trousers/jeans on women immodest. One can be stylish/fashionable without wearing ankle length draperies for clothing. Fact is these woman aren't wearing these clothes because they really feel objectified by wearing other garments. They wear these clothes because its what the patriarchy requires of them. And their fashion culture doesn't allow for free thought or a lot of choices. Yea, I guess they could pick a print, but thats about as far as it would go.

Modest to me is knees covered, not skintight, and not sleeveless. I think those frumpers draw even more attention to the wearer, to be honest. A pair of capris and a tee shirt draws less attention, and is very modest.

Modern society... Please stop pretending that you don't know what I'm talking about. I would be a laughing stock (here's the example, or else this thread would not even exist) if I wore dresses like that. People would point their fingers and laugh out loud, call me nuts, crazy. This way, I just have to endure women's crazy jealous eyes and their disgusting husbands' look most times, bad enough. I would not judge any people, esp women who try to cover their body all the time.

You don't have to wear a frumper to be modest, do you? I have a decent figure and I still have options other than formal and sexy. I am wearing a baggy cowl-necked sweater that goes almost to my knees with jeans right now. I think it covers as much or more of the key areas as a frumper, but I don't look like I crept out of the eighties.

I have only had a few men be rude and that's exactly what they were: rude and few. Most guys take me very seriously and I am pretty damn cute with disproportionately large breasts.

I agree with the poster who said that frumpers actually draw attention, as does a lot of look-at-me-I'm-so-modest wear.

Modest to me is knees covered, not skintight, and not sleeveless. I think those frumpers draw even more attention to the wearer, to be honest. A pair of capris and a tee shirt draws less attention, and is very modest.

Kinda hard to blend in with the general public in that stuff.

That blog squigs me out, I had read a lot of it a while back, and those girls are going nowhere, they have no desire to. The emotional maturity of some of the twenty something fundys is probably very much delayed due to their lack of exposure to the real world. They are just so many hot house flowers.

I'm with skank and emmie, just older, and with huge knockers as well (didn't we all bond on a bra thread a while back?). But I'm vain enough to want to look good, and looking good doesn't mean wearing clothes that came off the set of Little House.

edited riffle

I read a post one of them wrote..apparently they go to a gym to work out , one day a guy in a suit came to the gym and one of the sisters said she wanted to know "WHY a guy would come to a gym wearing a suit.." one of the other girls laughed and said well "he probably wonders why YOU are at a gym wearing a dress". I love how they can joke at them selfs....but I couldnt believe they were even allowed at a gym but they were they have pic of the girls they work out with. Of course they are wearing the jumpers, while the rest of the group had shorts and tees on.

I read a post one of them wrote..apparently they go to a gym to work out , one day a guy in a suit came to the gym and one of the sisters said she wanted to know "WHY a guy would come to a gym wearing a suit.." one of the other girls laughed and said well "he probably wonders why YOU are at a gym wearing a dress". I love how they can joke at them selfs....but I couldnt believe they were even allowed at a gym but they were they have pic of the girls they work out with. Of course they are wearing the jumpers, while the rest of the group had shorts and tees on.

There was a photo of their Mother a few weeks ago in work out pants and a teeshirt, so I'm not sure why they can't wear something similar to work out in.

They have some workout guru lady that they all idolize - they got to meet her on one of their trips. She was dressed in very skimpy workout clothes, and they were all around her smiling and laughing. I don't think they are as judgemental as some other fundies (Maxwells)

Honestly, I am confused. I think every day of the year except weekends in the summer I wear pants and/or skirts that are at least knee length, and I never show cleavage. A good number of the women I know and see on a daily basis dress this way too. Really, you can dress modestly and not look like you stepped out of Little House on the Prairie...or to me, dress in a way that infantilizes you. Perhaps the exception could be Miami or LA or someplace where the weather is warmer much of the year.

I wonder if they were wearing some of the skirts sports stuff. I trained for a marathon a few years ago with a very conservative Jewish gal, and she wore this knee length skirt with capri's under it that were made of tech material, with a long sleeved light weight top. It's becoming quite vogue in the running world to wear sports dresses or sports skirts. I'm glad to see these girls are encouraged to exercise and stay healthy...they seem like genuinely nice people.

ETA because I keep on thinking of things I want to say

Archived