IGNORED

Recommend me a TV Series!

Maul the Koala

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a TV show, per say, but the web channel Geek & Sundry http://geekandsundry.com/ is awesome! Felicia Day does an 6-10 minute show- The Flog- every Monday, Wil Wheaton does about a half hour every other Friday on table top gaming called TableTop. There's some other shows that I don't watch, because they just don't do it for me, but as an alternative to "regular" TV, it's pretty creative.

That's annoying - the BBC screened it here. I liked to fool myself that I could speak Swedish and Danish :lol:

If you like period dramas then I suggest Downton Abbey, Little Dorritt, North & South (mini-series), Titanic Series, Emma, Pride & Prejudice (mini-series)

For scifi: Black Hole High? It's aimed towards high schoolers, but It's entertaining and I love watching the reruns. Nick has a new show on that's similar called House of Anubis, but that's more aimed at the 10-12 crowd.

One show that I often recommend to people is Friday Night Lights. Very good show and you don't need to be a football fan to enjoy it. The only bad part of the series was season 2.

Of the before-mentioned I also really enjoyed Downton Abbey, Pride and Prejudice and Battlestar Galactica.

What about ER, Scrubs, Breaking Bad and Big Love? Loved those, too.

Damages: the first 3 seasons very good, the last one not so much

6 feet under: one of my all time favorite

The Tudors, Borgias: not very accurate historically but entertaining

Desperate Housewife, Gossip girl: just for fun

Game of throne: I've just started the first season , it sounds good !

These are a few of my favorites..

How I Met Your Mother (one of the best things that's ever happened to me)

Suburgatory

Law and Order (it was canceled :cry: but you can usually catch re-runs on TNT, and they have the vintage seasons on Netflix)

Law and Order SVU

Castle

Bones

The Daily Show (so, it's not a series, but it's really funny)

The Colbert Report (again, not a series, but hilarious none the less)

More period drama: Foyle's War (WW I), Cranford, and The Irish R.M. (all British). Also Upstairs, Downstairs and Duchess of Duke Street, if they haven't been mentioned yet.

They aren't period, but HBO did one season/series of The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency that was very good, and Due South will always be in my top 10 (Canadian drama/comedy/cop show.

Another pretty good cop-type show, if you can find it, is Da Vinci's Inquest (also Canadian, usually not as graphic as say, SVU, as I recall). And two other Canadian comedies are Corner Gas and The Red Green Show - Gas is easy, Red is a little more quirky and I think I missed a few jokes that I would have gotten if I was Canadian. It was still funny though.

Archived