IGNORED

Miss Raquel writes the worst movie reviews ever

formergothardite

FWIW, my brown-eyed father and blue-eyed mother managed to have one child with blue and one with green eyes! You'd think one of us would have ended up with the darker genes but apparently not...

My hazel eyed husband and hazel eyed self had only 1 child born with gray eyes. One has hazel eyes and the rest deep brown. I really wanted to have a child with gray eyes like my grandfathers and just got lucky to have said child.

If she marries someone with blue eyes, there is small chance a child could have blue eyes, but since she is part-Hispanic and with her dark hair and eyes-bets are that any and all children she may have will have dark eyes. But wtf? If she has three children with brown eyes and the fourth has blue-she will have reached her goal. Poor other kids-their eyes just weren't the right color. Really though-so young and naive and made that way by her parents clearly. Her goal should be-have a healthy, happy child. How does she know she can have children at all? At 17, I wanted a large family too. Now, one would be fine and I am not sure I can have any and I would not be upset if I don't have any bio children at all. Since 17, my reproductive health declined. Not that she has to be grateful-just that she should get her goals to more realistic and humble ones.

My in-laws both have brown eyes, but my husband has green eyes that sometimes look gray, his brother has brown, and his sister has light blue-green eyes. Genetics can be surprising! So I guess it's not impossible that Raquel could have a blue-eyed kid, but she should probably marry a blue-eyed man if it's that important to her. (::Sigh!:: Dreamy blue-eyed men! *Giggle*)

OK, I haven't seen the second one, but I bet this aspect is the same as the first one...the real adorable couple are Holmes and Watson! Hello! You don't even need slash goggles to see that one. Give them wives and girlfriends all you want... I will secretly ship it!

You took the words right out of my mouth! I'm shocked Miss Raquel sat through something so wonderfully slashy! ;) Does she just not see it?! I mean, I haven't seen the second movie either, but come on!

Re eyes: my blue-eyed father and brown-eyed mother had two blue-eyed children. My theory is that the blue gene is indestructible in our family because my dad's blue-eyed parents had SIX blue-eyed children! :shock:

You took the words right out of my mouth! I'm shocked Miss Raquel sat through something so wonderfully slashy! ;) Does she just not see it?! I mean, I haven't seen the second movie either, but come on!

Re eyes: my blue-eyed father and brown-eyed mother had two blue-eyed children. My theory is that the blue gene is indestructible in our family because my dad's blue-eyed parents had SIX blue-eyed children! :shock:

That is not surprising. Blue eye genes are recessive. If both parents have blue eyes, that means they have only blue eye genes to give their kids.

People with brown eyes can have blue eye genes they inherited that are not being expressed because brown eye genes are dominant.

I was not trying to start an eye anecdata thread! I know that brown-eyed people have blue-eyed kids.

The WTF part is that she ONLY makes a goal about one eye color of kid, instead of just "have a child" or "have a healthy child" or something. Also, knowing her, I can just see her only wanting to marry a blue-eyed guy to achieve her DREAMY goal!

My favorite things on her bucket list are:

59.buy something on Etsy (She has her own Etsy store! And she gets other stores to give her products all the time. Just go find some cheap thing and buy it.)

84.sing with Jason Castro

85.do this with mi esposo

(Is being able to sing going to be on the list of requirements for mi esposo along with having blue eyes)

94.paint every other one of my nails purple and green (This has to be my favorite! If it is important enough to stick on a bucket list, why the heck hasn't she done it? Do they not sell purple and green nail polish in Oregon?)

Good for him if he's clean and congrats on the baby. I wasn't sure if he was still clean or not, I'm not really a RDjr fan... I'm partial to Johnny Depp myself, but hey! to each his or her own I guess.

Yes, that is great (on both counts)!

That is not surprising. Blue eye genes are recessive. If both parents have blue eyes, that means they have only blue eye genes to give their kids.

People with brown eyes can have blue eye genes they inherited that are not being expressed because brown eye genes are dominant.

I was not trying to start an eye anecdata thread! I know that brown-eyed people have blue-eyed kids.

The WTF part is that she ONLY makes a goal about one eye color of kid, instead of just "have a child" or "have a healthy child" or something. Also, knowing her, I can just see her only wanting to marry a blue-eyed guy to achieve her DREAMY goal!

I have blue eyes and I prefer dark hair and eyes. I would like brown or black eyed children, but if they have blue, big deal. I'd love them just the same. The important thing is a healthy, happy child. The looks are of little importance really. With a condition that could cause me to be infertile (I don't know for sure-I haven't tried for one and not everyone is infertile with it), a healthy, happy child is enough. Still, marrying a blue-eyed man would not guarantee her having a blue-eyed child, especially if the brown-eyed gene end up dominating the recessive blue in conception.

edit to fix a cut out that sounded confusing.

It could also be the Hispanic heritage too, I grew up in a heavily Hispanic area and kids with blue eyes were rare. When a kid DID come out with blue eyes, a big deal was made of it.

It could also be the Hispanic heritage too, I grew up in a heavily Hispanic area and kids with blue eyes were rare. When a kid DID come out with blue eyes, a big deal was made of it.

Yup, some Hispanic communities will make a huge deal of kids having blue eyes. In the Hispanic community I grew up in, blue eyes are pretty common and people don't make a deal out when someone has blue eyes, but I think the reason blue eyes aren't a big deal is because a lot of Hispanics have very mixed backgrounds due to periods back the 19th century when French trappers married mestizo women.

I thought hazel and green eyes were both variants of the brown eyed gene, so none of the above sounds odd. It's a lot harder for two brown-eyed people to have a blue eyed child, but it does happen. My aunt and uncle both have brown eyes and brown hair and 1 of their four children is white blonde with blue eyes. The others are all brown/brown.

Also, I think one reason Miss Raquel sounds dumb is because she is putting on her "girly" act and to her that means a lot of stupid :::squeal:::ing and whatnot. It just makes her sound like an idiot but I think she thinks it's feminine.

Seriously, the girl can't write a move review. The one for Sherlock Holmes has these lines in it:

On Sherlock Holmes:

He totally fit the part.

Except (according to a friend of mine) he isn't tall enough. :P haha

On Irene Adler:

I'll say that she's a good actress.

But I don't necessarily like her.

Does that make sense?

On Mary Morstan:

She has some super fun outfits in this movie too!

She and Watson are just adorable together ;) ::squeals::

And a random bit of trivia about Miss Raquel:

I know, I'm a girl and I like seeing guys get beat up...?? What's up with that? ;) :?

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/ ... olmes.html

After reading that, don't you just feel like you learned so much about the movie? And this was one of her better reviews.

Wow.

It's all just pictures and a few *like totally valley-girl fundie sentences* of commentary in between.

Yup, some Hispanic communities will make a huge deal of kids having blue eyes. In the Hispanic community I grew up in, blue eyes are pretty common and people don't make a deal out when someone has blue eyes, but I think the reason blue eyes aren't a big deal is because a lot of Hispanics have very mixed backgrounds due to periods back the 19th century when French trappers married mestizo women.

This whole eye-color thing is making me think of Toni Morrison's The Bluest Eye.

Of course, the only was she could guarantee getting a blue-eyed child is by adopting, but I certainly don't want her to adopt for that reason!

Miss Raquel is the Kim Kardashian of the fundie blogosphere.

She totally is! This what she is discussing on her fb page:

What would you do if...

you knew a fellow blogger IN PERSON and realized that the things he/she wrote about on their blog wasn't really true. That they weren't really like that in real life.

Would you say something to them? Or just leave it be?

You know she can't wait to call this person out and then blog about how wonderful she is.

::squee:: She just did a review of the second Sherlock Holmes movie. After reading it I still haven't the faintest clue about what the movie is about. We do learn this though:

"She's very down to earth, very feminine, but courageous at the same time - as women should be. :P

She has really cool hair too!"

Girl can't write a movie review to save her life.

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

Shocker, the movie confused her enough that she needs to see it again to fully comprehend it. I imagine she sounds like a valley girl in real life, she certainly writes like one.

Archived