IGNORED

Breaking news -- Loomis baby!!!!

Doomed Harlottt

Rebecca and Steven have just announced that Rebecca is in her second trimester!

On the one hand, I have always felt for her as the sister for whom things seem to come so much less easily than happy-go-lucky Beth. On the other hand, the poor kid being born into extreme whackiness. I hope Steven Loomis doesn't loom over the kids during the courtship process, interfering the way Marcus did with Rebecca and Steven. Anyway, this should mean a lot more pics and voyeurism for us, right?

I could be wrong, but I think they are using "they" because they don't know the sex...?

To paraphrase my Russian ancestors from Fiddler on the Roof:

We'll raise a glass and drink a drop of schnopps

In honor of the great good luck that favors you!

We know that when good fortune favors two such,

then it stands to reason, we deserve it too!

To us, and ours, good fortune!

Be happy, be healthy, long life!

To life!

If the Loomii can carry this one to a healthy birth and beyond, perhaps my darling Juniors can, too, someday.

:dance: :dance:

I'm praying for them all. Thanks for the good news, OP!

I am really happy for them, I know they must be ecstatic. I would bet, also, that with this being such a wanted baby they probably won't be very Pearlesque raising him or her.

I am thrilled for them. I imagine she probably has had several other miscarriages by what he said about her being the sickest yet. It looks like she's put on good weight in her face so perhaps she's on progesterone to maintain the pregnancy? I wish nothing but the best for them and hope this baby is born happy and healthy. I hope they will share this experience on their blog!

Guest Anonymous

I can't say I am thrilled for the baby being born into that lifestyle, but I do always feel sad for the women brought up to become mothers, who find that producing babies is so traumatic for them.

I've always had a lot of empathy for Rebecca. I am not one to get all excited for the endless babies born into this movement, but she has suffered so much in a culture that says she is nothing without a baby, and I know just how she must have felt. I hope she carries to term a healthy baby, and they treat it like a treasure, and not something to be trained.

I am really happy for them, I know they must be ecstatic. I would bet, also, that with this being such a wanted baby they probably won't be very Pearlesque raising him or her.

One can only hope.

Yay! I was feeling sorry for her since P&M are expecting, but now I am hoping that everything goes well this time!

Not sure if Stephen is that more relaxed.Stephen's family is for sure, but I fear that he is trying to live up to Pa Serven's (and Rebecca's) standards. And he said some pretty nasty things. On the sidenote: I prefer Chubby-Stevie.

Yay! I was feeling sorry for her since P&M are expecting, but now I am hoping that everything goes well this time!

Not sure if Stephen is that more relaxed.Stephen's family is for sure, but I fear that he is trying to live up to Pa Serven's (and Rebecca's) standards. And he said some pretty nasty things. On the sidenote: I prefer Chubby-Stevie.

Peter and Meredith are already expecting? Where did we see this?

I started following the fundie blogs a few months before Mr. Organic and I got married and it's just too weird to see some of the girls who got married in 2008 with 2 kiddos and the ones who got married in 2009ish and didn't conceive immediately acting all "THANK YOU LORD FINALLY!!!" There is nothing wrong with not having a baby right away. Andddd there is nothing wrong if it takes a bit to conceive. I despise the outlook that a woman is a baby-making machine and it's her role in life to be a mama. Grats to S&R but seriously wtf is up with the "zomg finalllllllly-ness".

I dunno--I'd be pretty upset, too, if it took me almost two years to achieve a viable pregnancy. That's a long time. And my entire life isn't built around having children for the glory of the Lord blah blah blah, and I'm not surrounded by helpmeets who got pregnant at the drop of a frumper.

Glad for the couple but sad for the child, being raised in a nest of crazee. Can't decide if it's better for the child to be male or female - probably male, since there's at least a chance he'll be allowed to follow his interests/dreams/God-given talents.

I, too, hope that they aren't into the Pearl crap but so many of these VF/ATI clones believe in whipping their kids. Ugh.

I have to admit that I'm happy for them. IT seems like they've wanted a child for so long, and they seem like nice people even if I don't agree 100% with their lifestyle.

OH! <3 I am so happy for them!!!!!!!! I have always liked Rebecca and was so happy when she finally got married then got pregnant. We both had our 1st miscarriages around the same time so I have always rooted for her. Now that she is pregnant maybe I'll be next........

I'm thrilled for them, and I'm thrilled that they look so happy in their photos. They certainly don't deserve the misery that comes w/ wanting to have children and not being able to.

My hope is that because Steven works in the IT field, he's surrounded by a variety of different people, and is exposed to different beliefs/lifestyles. Hopefully, he can draw on that, and bring some balance to the extreme environment his wife was brought up in.

What nasty things did he say?

I've been wondering if Beth&Jon aren't that quiverfull after all. Their daughter gotta be 2 or 3 and there is no sign of the next arrow. Maybe she is struggling with fertility, but the first kid was conceived very quickly after their wedding. That Jon fellow has somewhat troubled me for quite a while, too. He seems so young, actually younger than Beth. I wonder where they met for the first time.

By the way, I prefer Chubby-Steven as well. I know it's superficial but he looked kinder with a chubbier face.

Archived