IGNORED

Fundraising for Noah's Ark theme park has hit a snag

dawn9476

Oh, yeah, now I get it. Like when my chickens are free-ranging and accidentally mate with a Barn Owl. Let me tell you, those are some ugly chicks.

:lol: :icon-lol: :lol: :icon-lol:

I would just like to let you know that you owe me a new keyboard. Although I'd settle for an owl chick!

:animals-chickencatch:

^^^(I've always wanted to use that one!)

Wouldn't a Noah's Ark theme park be really horrific?

I'm baffled by people who decorate their baby's rooms with Noah's ark themes. Or the church near our house that has a Noah's Ark themed splash park for kids. Um.. all the people not in the boat supposedly drowned. That's not cute.

Sure it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eTbhz8hl3I

Now the people they were so bad

That the Lord made the rain come down

And he washed away the bad cities

And he washed away the bad towns

And all of the people drowned!

I think Noah's Ark stuff is really popular because kids love animals, cool animals. The Noah's Ark blanket I have has kangaroos on it. What other story in the bible could have a kangaroos (or other exotic animals) in it? None that I know of.*

*I'm not counting lions as exotic

How would Noah have dealt with the animals' crap for forty days and night? What did he do with it? How could he have enough food for all the animals and still have room for the animals?

The bible doesn't mention animal kinds so they are still believing something that isn't in the bible.

How would Noah have dealt with the animals' crap for forty days and night? What did he do with it? How could he have enough food for all the animals and still have room for the animals?

The bible doesn't mention animal kinds so they are still believing something that isn't in the bible.

Some of the creationists say that God put the animals into hibernation or a deep sleep, though that isn't in the Bible either.

How did Noah prevent say, the cheetahs from eating the gazelle? How did Noah even trap some of those animals to begin with?

Edited due to stupid autocorrect

I'm baffled by people who decorate their baby's rooms with Noah's ark themes. Or the church near our house that has a Noah's Ark themed splash park for kids. Um.. all the people not in the boat supposedly drowned. That's not cute.

Totally this. The Noah's Ark story was my gateway into atheism. In my view, believing this story is literally true means you also believe that your god is a psychopathic mass murderer who killed every person and animal on earth except those chosen for the ark (presumably aquatic animals got a pass).

It's clearly impossible for any of that stuff to actually have happened, not to mention that the story was lifted from even older legends. Why insist it's literallty true and not a morality tale? Why go through the mental gymnastics? I just don't get it.

I'm surprised it takes so much to build an ark. I doubt Noah had a long list of donors.

That's an excellent point that I doubt they've considered. It should be possible for one reasonably prosperous family to put the thing together with no help from anyone else.

so sad. it there about 1 million species of insects (though that may be double) on the earth and maybe 60 thousand species of birds,fish, and mammals. only 900 species of dinosaurs that we know of but some where huge. All of these fit on a little boat?

No no no, this is when all of the dinosaurs died!

I went to the Creation Museum in Kentucky. They have "answers" to questions like yours I think, emmiedahl. I didn't understand their "answers" of course, but they had them. Fitting all the animals on the boat had something to do with genus/species prototypes, and there was also something about the existence of "floating forests". I don't remember how that tied in, but I remember I was very fascinated by it. I wanted to ask one of the staff about it, but was concerned that they would (understandably) take my question as a sign of devotion to creationism (which it definitely wasn't).

That Creation Museum provided me with more amusement than Disneyland.

I would definitely go to an amusement park if they opened one.

ETA: My friend and I were killing ourselves to be "respectful" the whole time we were inside, but the second we got out the door we burst out laughing and were trying to talk over each other saying our "favourite" parts. Then we saw a "Security/Parking Guard" (with a large cross on his uniform, no joke) and both fell silent and I dropped my gaze and tried to look submissive. He turned to my friend and said "What happened?! It's like you were enjoying yourselves and then you saw me and I wrecked your day". My friend just laughed (awkwardly).

My son's G-dmother went to the "holy land experience" and she said to me "oh I wish you would have been there, they screwed so much stuff up, it would have been a goldmine of snark " (we're Jewish and she's been to Israel multiple times). My best friend and I have vowed to go there someday and see how long it gets us to get kicked out.

No no no, this is when all of the dinosaurs died!

No! Fossils of dinosaurs are just there because SATAN put them there to trick you!!!!! they NEVER EXISTED!

It RAINED for 40 days and nights, he was stuck in there for another half a year or more waiting for the water to recede. *doesn't literally believe this*

Noah is like the #2 baby name now or something. So a lot of boys have a Noah's ark themed room because... well, their name is Noah or going to be Noah.

ETA: A church I visited once had a children's room or something called "Noah's Yacht Club" or something like that. I remember thinking it was in poor taste. Like a rib restaurant in Waco called "Ranch Apocalypse Barbecue" or something...

How would Noah have dealt with the animals' crap for forty days and night? What did he do with it?

Well, duh. He would have trained them with a plumbing line to poop over the side of the boat.

Well, duh. He would have trained them with a plumbing line to poop over the side of the boat.

Plus, TTC and chickenetti are very binding. :lol:

Totally this. The Noah's Ark story was my gateway into atheism. In my view, believing this story is literally true means you also believe that your god is a psychopathic mass murderer who killed every person and animal on earth except those chosen for the ark (presumably aquatic animals got a pass).

My gateway was that story about Abraham being told to kill his son (Isaac?), and then God's all like, "LOLZ, just kiddin'." How anyone can defend that one, I don't know.

Anyway, what I am responding to is your statement about the aquatic animals getting a pass. Nuh-uh! There are many aquatic animals that can't live in salt water, and many that can't live in freshwater. If you take a flood that mixes all the water up, that's going to majorly screw up their environment. So there goes the aquatic animals.

It's like the dumbest story ever. I can't imagine how anyone believes it. And yet they do... :?

Sure it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eTbhz8hl3I

Now the people they were so bad

That the Lord made the rain come down

And he washed away the bad cities

And he washed away the bad towns

And all of the people drowned!

I think Noah's Ark stuff is really popular because kids love animals, cool animals. The Noah's Ark blanket I have has kangaroos on it. What other story in the bible could have a kangaroos (or other exotic animals) in it? None that I know of.*

*I'm not counting lions as exotic

I think the same thing too. When I read Stickers post about Noah's Ark nursery themes, I remembered that my friend and her husband did a Noah's Ark theme nursery for their second child, because they let their oldest child who was 5 at the time choose a nursery theme.

Archived