IGNORED

Preparing children to deal with differing beliefs

godlytomatosoup

Most Protestants claim that their cross represents the risen Christ. A few Protestants go further and claim that the crucifix means that Catholics put too much emphasis on Christ's death.

My pastor believed that the crucifix was proof that Catholics did not believe in a risen Christ at all. Because I've had a life long fascination with the Catholic Church, I tried to correct him but he refused to believe me. He was a sweet man but he was a fundamentalist and refused to look at evidence that contradicted him.

Oh, I understand now. Thanks!

They MOVED AWAY to get away from the gays. Wow. And the idea that a gay couple can act like, um, a gay couple at a home where they are all guests is so bothersome to them that they HAVE to comment on it.

If you're so bothered by your gay family members, who are apparently lovingly embraced by the rest of your family (which means the crazy is just confined to you, commenter) that you can't stand to have your children know they exist, go somewhere else for Christmas. Seriously - let your family celebrate without you, because you are so bent out of shape about the mere presence of Teh Gayz that you moved away.

:text-yeahthat:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok yeah, my family was big on the 'Catholics and Mormons aren't Christians' stuff too.

Heck, my fundie family and the church they belonged to claimed you weren't a Christian until you'd done the whole born-again thing. So that ruled out Methodists, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, Lutherans, Congregationalists, Shakers, Quakers, Unitarians (have I forgotten any?). In short, Baptists, Nazarenes, and Pentecostals were the only true Christians and there was still the matter of the Baptists and Nazarenes not speaking in tongues and the women occasionally wearing red nail polish.

It mattered because we were only allowed to date true Christians.

Archived