IGNORED

The Duggars and Modesty

Sister Mary Savage

Yes, Anna sure did pick herself a great one didn't she *vomits*! :snooty:

I can totally see myself and Mr. Smuggar getting into it if I ever perchanced to meet him.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to meet all of them and give them a piece of my mind. I would also love a tell all from someone who really knows them so that I could get good dirt on Princess Michelle.

Appsrently my last post was lost in the shuffle. Was it Johannah they showed the birth of? I swore I remembered seeng a doctor reach inside of her and grab a baby out of her vagina... Maybe I'm wrong.

And I still dont see how seeing her lady bits is less defrauding than seeing her knees.

No, just no, to the whole trousers for men, and skirts for women thing. That's a cultural thing. Now, deity-of-your-choice forbid my boyfriend ever reads this, but a kilt isn't all that different from a skirt. Said boyfriend loves his kilt with a passion, especially when Scotland is playing, or when we're hiking (not in the summer, you don't want to be caught with too much exposed skin in summer in the Highlands). Funnily enough, bathroom signs have never confused him. Neither has a divine bolt of lightning struck him.

Maybe god just forgot to send the memo to Scotland...

No, alysee wrote that but up there - I wrote this bit: So... Dunny* signs are ancient signs from God...? (Maybe that was the writing on the wall at Belshazzar's feast?)

Edited to add: Born to be Plaid at last!! And I have a fantabulous plaid laced-bodice and chain adorned mini-length frumper to celebrate in!

I think that all of their babies from Jackson onward were born on TV so there's probably a lot of footage of babies being pulled out of the Princess's body. That just makes me hate her more.

I was thinking about this earlier today when I saw the two older girls at Wal-Mart. At first I didn't notice them because they were Duggars, I noticed them because of their clothing. Jana was wearing all black, and I don't remember what Jill was wearing other than one of those long jean skirts you really only see on fundies. They looked very pretty, but they stand out too much to really be considered modest.

OMG unsupervised! Maybe they were buying jinger a bday present. You should have yelled "RUN!!!"

Guest Anonymous
I just watched Anna on the toilet. I'd never seen it before. Was there a midwife in attendance? Why not a birthing chair or stool rather than a crapper? These people are worse than a train wreck. And yet no one in that family EVER experiences cognitive dissonance.

Are you kidding? They can't even spell it, let alone undergo it.

Johannah's birth.

At the 2:30ish mark, is that JD or Joseph? I forgot how pretty the older girls were too before the fame took over. :lol:

Johannah's birth.

'Parise the lord' - I bet it's the same sentence she creams when Jimbo humps her.

'Parise the lord' - I bet it's the same sentence she creams when Jimbo humps her.

Please tell me you meant screams.

Brain Bleach STAT!

I would LOVE to run into his fat ass one day.

I'd like to run OVER Smuggar's fat ass but I drive a little Kia...it would probably do major damage to my car! :D

Please tell me you meant screams.

Brain Bleach STAT!

And I need coffee. My spelling is just awful now. (Won't correct that but yes, I meant screams) :lol: 8-)

I can't wait to see her CREAM in her panties when her show is over and her gravy train comes to a screeching stop. Okay, it may be just a dream for now but this is the season of hope isn't it?

I can't wait to see her CREAM in her panties when her show is over and her gravy train comes to a screeching stop. Okay, it may be just a dream for now but this is the season of hope isn't it?

IF she wears any. If not, she'll realy need those ugly long skirts. :lol:

Yes, as long as she's freaking like it's the end of the world I'm satisfied. Who wants to do a Duggar boycott and petition?

And I need coffee. My spelling is just awful now. (Won't correct that but yes, I meant screams) :lol: 8-)

LOL, Paris the Lord

Why does this remind me of Grease where they changed creams to screams in the song Greased Lightning? :lol:

Yes, as long as she's freaking like it's the end of the world I'm satisfied. Who wants to do a Duggar boycott and petition?

Like what? I stopped viewing them. I just read about them, since they are impossible to avoid. What is on your mind? :)

I dunno. It's more of a random idea, ever since the Kardashian Klan have been getting the backlash they've had I'm all the sudden in a proactive mood. Maybe i need to lay off the caffeine.

I often winI only saw Jackson's birth, and since then, I refuse to watch anymore birthing specials. I wonder whats so "modest" about seeing a doctor reaching up Michelle's baby hole and grabbing the baby by the ankles. Its an image I have yet to erase from my memory. And they didnt blur anything then.

I though Jackson was a c-section.

Must re-watch, or maybe not :lol:

It really bugs me how J'boob talks about cervical softening and all things like that. Really? Does he have to? I am no prude but I really don't want to know that you are boning J'chelle all through the pregnancy. Heck I don't want to know what night you boned her and conceived another J'Slave.

About the whole popping out the baby on the crapper...I am amazed that the midwife had no clue that that "need" to use the potty is a classic sign someone is ready to give birth. If she had only given Anna a looksee she might have realized she was ready to pop!

That surprised me too. The midwife knew Anna was close, it wasn't as though it was early in labour and it was actually likely to be a poo.

I'd like to run OVER Smuggar's fat ass but I drive a little Kia...it would probably do major damage to my car! :D

I have a big 3/4 ton Chevy. You can ride with me when I mow him down*. And then back over him, and mow him down again. LOL, word of warning Jabba the Josh, you're not the only one with a 'big truck'... and me having mine is actually justified: We live on a farm, and I pull a large horse trailer with mine. Mine's not a fashion statement.

*in jest. I wouldn't risk bending my bumper for him, he's not worth it. I would, however, tell him exactly what I think of him and his whole damn family.

No, just no, to the whole trousers for men, and skirts for women thing. That's a cultural thing. Now, deity-of-your-choice forbid my boyfriend ever reads this, but a kilt isn't all that different from a skirt. Said boyfriend loves his kilt with a passion, especially when Scotland is playing, or when we're hiking (not in the summer, you don't want to be caught with too much exposed skin in summer in the Highlands). Funnily enough, bathroom signs have never confused him. Neither has a divine bolt of lightning struck him.

Maybe god just forgot to send the memo to Scotland...

Well, in the Middle Ages Scotland was Rome's 'Special Daughter'*, so maybe we're just so special we get an exception from divine rules. Normal men have to wear trousers, but Scotsmen get to wear their kilts because they're just that awesome.

*This was actually in reference to the fact that Scotland didn't have any archbishops, so the Pope decreed that the Scottish bishops were answerable directly to Rome, rather than the Archbishop of York, as the English would have had it.

Don't forget the scene in Scotland (Ireland?) where the girls were drinking cow's milk straight from the udder and it squirted all over their faces.

The Duggars are soooo righteously modest, and yet they are so vulgar. I have previously mentioned the "poopy diaper game" at Mackynzie's baby shower. I know it's a game that people play at baby showers (smearing different kinds of chocolate into diapers and making guests smell/taste them), but it doesn't seem like one you'd play if you were so concerned with "purity" and women as princesses/biblical ladies. There are some cultures (Orthodox Judaism comes to mind) where modesty or "tznius" is a state of mind; it's about genuinely dressing and behaving like a lady. Not calling attention to yourself, not making poop and pee jokes all the time, not putting the most intimate and/or gross details of your family life on national TV. I'm not saying I'm an advocate of ever controlling people's dress or behavior...but if you're gonna do it, at least do it consistently, and let covering the body accompany actual dignity.

Oh...and why can't the daughters just be virgins without us having to hear about it every episode? Why do we have to know what their hymens are like--is that modest? Really? You know, Jim Bob, every time I see a purity ring on one of your daughters, it makes me think of her vagina. And you know why? Because that is the public function of a purity ring: to telegraph to the world that no penises have been in that vagina, and that none will for awhile. Really, really modest.

WTF? I missed that one.... :?

Well, in the Middle Ages Scotland was Rome's 'Special Daughter'*, so maybe we're just so special we get an exception from divine rules. Normal men have to wear trousers, but Scotsmen get to wear their kilts because they're just that awesome.

*This was actually in reference to the fact that Scotland didn't have any archbishops, so the Pope decreed that the Scottish bishops were answerable directly to Rome, rather than the Archbishop of York, as the English would have had it.

Oh, so Scotland is like the Lard's speshul snowflake? Yay, my boyfriend is a speshul snowflake. Take that, you mere mortal men! :D

P.S.: Hush, don't provide rational explanations about history and such. Keep your science and reason out of my myths! It would be totally mean to destroy my illusions! (Seriously, thanks though. I'm a bit of a history geek, so now I'm off to procrastinate, to read up about that. :geek: )

Archived