IGNORED

The Duggars and Modesty

Sister Mary Savage

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no words......

Except, that was about as far from my definition of "modest" that there is.

1st of all it's none of anyone's business WHEN I have to go. They leave such scenes IN intentionally!!! To make it more interesting and nothing happens so they have to add stg humiliating.

Jimbo even said on the st patrick eisode that they shat green that night. Oh spare us Bucktooth!!!!! :barf:

Well, there was the water-skiing incident...

Who can forget the UV bright skinny sticks. :confusion-helpsos: :handgestures-thumbdown:

I think Michelle is the worst offender in the modesty area. Let's see, we know about her inverted nipples, the consistency of her breastmilk, what the inside of her uterus looks like, the exact date that one of her children was conceived on, and how long she waits after giving birth to have sex again.

Oh, but thank goodness we never had to see her knees.

Don't forget about the cervix softening...

Exactly! Where I come from, this is stuff that you would only discuss in private with your husband/partner, your doctor, or maybe your mom, your sister, or your closest BFFs. This isn't water cooler material, much less anything you would broadcast to millions of total strangers.

I once read this: "A quickie is quicker in a skirt." It made really good sense to me. I think on some level fundies prefer that their women wear skirts because it keeps them available.

I once read this: "A quickie is quicker in a skirt." It made really good sense to me. I think on some level fundies prefer that their women wear skirts because it keeps them available.

Now I WONDER if Mullet wears any panties underneath. I won't be able to chase this out of my head for awhile.... :roll: :doh: *BARF*

So far I have

- Seen Mullet's intestines many times, altogether it's worse than SAW III.

- Heard of Mullet's inverse NIPPLES

- Seen Josie sitting in her scheisse on the TABLE non-pixelated.

- Heard Mullet tell me the exact date she was ****d and she concieved. (SPPPPPAAAAAAAREEEEE MEEEEH)

- Anna on the shitter letting out things on both sides takes the cake.

- Heard how Joshypork and Annasnout tried all rooms of their honeymoon condo.

- Seen them deep throating pickles. I know I am not the only one out there who didn't just think: oh, that girl is eating a pickle.

- Jimbo letting the whole world know what color stool they had.

- Letting her baby girls SHART in uncut versions. I know they'll apreciate it when they turn 13.

Twas so beauuuutifully exlained! Daddy leaves an antibiotic behind, and the goo and the ploughing softens the cervix and thatsss wot we need, a soft serviksssss....

What for, let me ask. She cannot even give birth naturally anymore. So they just played woodpecker and tree with the baby. :roll:

Twas so beauuuutifully exlained! Daddy leaves an antibiotic behind, and the goo and the ploughing softens the cervix and thatsss wot we need, a soft serviksssss....

What for, let me ask. She cannot even give birth naturally anymore. So they just played woodpecker and tree with the baby. :roll:

This is probably a really stupid question, but why does it need softening? Surely it would be better hard, as a more effective plug to keep the baby in?

I think the toilet birth takes the cake, but I also like how DQ had earlier ultrasounds with her big ol' tummy showing, and then in later pregnancies got all "modest" on us, and had to have a sheet.

I also liked how we weren't allowed to see "Mama's neck/skin" when she was doing kangaroo care for the first time with Josie, but we got to see her stomach, insides, bare babies, etc.

I think the biggest and dumbest hypocrisy of all are those idiotic, horrific, bathing "costumes" from Modestwear. All those do is draw MORE attention to the girls, because they look so positively ridiculous.

What a joke. Have your live birth on a shitter filmed, with all your appropriate female parts "blurred out" (but we know all the camera and lighting men were there filming---how modest!) but wearing a bathing costume from the 1920's.

These people are just plain whacked, but I have said that for five years now.

This is probably a really stupid question, but why does it need softening? Surely it would be better hard, as a more effective plug to keep the baby in?

Why does Michelle need too, or in general?

I doubt Michelle needs to at this point, I'm surprised she hasn't needed a cerclage by now because her cervix just doesn't revert back as well as it did ten babies ago(cervix is stitched shut til either it fails or they get far enough along in the pregnancy where the baby isn't in significant danger if born).

That isn't a common problem so for most while fun, Daddy's contribution isn't going to do much unless the cervix is ready to soften. As with most things to bring on labor, if its not time, not much is going to budge baby.

What I learned about pants being for men and women wear skirts thing from my priest was God knew that 2000 years later humans would interpret that pants are for men and women wear skirts ( such as in the bathroom signs) and that's how it's supposed to be. I don't think I explained myself very well but I've only had 4 hours sleep.

Anyone else realize how modesty goes out the window when babies are born? Seriously? Why is it okay for everyone to be involved when there is something coming OUT of you, but the rest of the time you can't show your knees?

I'd also like to say--that in that clip that they fogged out b/c Michelle didn't want her knees showing, she STILL showed her knees, quite a bit and we have seen them at other times. In clips of her having c-sections we even see *gasp* her stomach!

And on the getting pregnant bit--

I've been married for a couple of years, and OMG how people feel perfectly okay discussing my sex life with me (without my wanting to)! People tell me if I mention infertility issues (when constantly probed as to my lack of children),to "keep on try," to which I now respond "why yes, thank you! I WILL continue to have frequent unprotected sex with my husband!" Seriously though...why is it okay to talk about my sex life like that?! I've had people email me with specific moves they used etc...TMI. Let me just enjoy having sex with my husband, I really do know how it works. ktxbye. Don't think the fundie community doesn't have the same thing going on.

edited b/c I forgot the interesting bits.

And...I wear less makeup than those girls. They pretty much fit in mainstream non fundie culture now w/ all the makeup...what the hell is up w/ that?

And...I wear less makeup than those girls. They pretty much fit in mainstream non fundie culture now w/ all the makeup...what the hell is up w/ that?
zey mus be da perfectly beautiful virgins.

And on the getting pregnant bit--

I've been married for a couple of years, and OMG how people feel perfectly okay discussing my sex life with me (without my wanting to)! People tell me if I mention infertility issues (when constantly probed as to my lack of children),to "keep on try," to which I now respond "why yes, thank you! I WILL continue to have frequent unprotected sex with my husband!" Seriously though...why is it okay to talk about my sex life like that?! I've had people email me with specific moves they used etc...TMI. Let me just enjoy having sex with my husband, I really do know how it works. ktxbye. Don't think the fundie community doesn't have the same thing going on.

Ah yes, the classic. 'You do know how it works? Maybe you are doing it wrong, I can give you some tips?' followed by a slap on the back to my DH and a chortle by the groom who knew we'd been trying for a year. We have kids now but this still stands out from the shot gun wedding of that cousin. Felt like turning to him and saying, 'Why yes we do know how its done and do it well, we also know how to use a condom and other forms of birth control, though its a bit late to give you a refresher course.' This was the cousins second marriage and second time marrying a girl who was pregnant because the 'condom broke'.

Ah yes, the classic. 'You do know how it works? Maybe you are doing it wrong, I can give you some tips?' followed by a slap on the back to my DH and a chortle by the groom who knew we'd been trying for a year. We have kids now but this still stands out from the shot gun wedding of that cousin. Felt like turning to him and saying, 'Why yes we do know how its done and do it well, we also know how to use a condom and other forms of birth control, though its a bit late to give you a refresher course.' This was the cousins second marriage and second time marrying a girl who was pregnant because the 'condom broke'.

heh...we should come up with lists of comebacks for these people. Seriously...we HAVE been trying for a year to get pregnant but it might take drugs. I usually just say "when my uterus works..." and leave it at that.

heh...we should come up with lists of comebacks for these people. Seriously...we HAVE been trying for a year to get pregnant but it might take drugs. I usually just say "when my uterus works..." and leave it at that.

A list would be great. Though I wouldn't have said anything even if I could go back to that moment as I wouldn't have wanted to make a scene, the bride didn't deserve anymore stress then was already surrounding the wedding.

In the end it did take us two years, and some meds for our oldest. I wish you good luck and joyful news in the future.

I don't know what the deal is with the no pants for girls - isn't even a long skirt revealing more flesh than a pair of pants? I guess their problem is that pants show the outline of the crotch (egads!! he horror!).

I believe in one of their books they said the reason they wear skirts is because if men can see the outline of a woman's body it will cause them to have lustful thoughts. But I call B.S. on that explanation because a man could still see the outline of their upper body. They don't wear shirts that are extremely tight, but they aren't as loose as they should be if they don't want anyone to see the outline of their body. If they were truly trying to hide their outline, they should all be dressed like Mrs. Roper.

Well, there was the water-skiing incident...

Yeah, that's the scene that pushed me over the edge. Michelle was yammering on about how she asked that they blur our her knees because she was so modest, and that's when I started yelling at the screen, "Listen up Crazy, I've seen the inside of your uterus, so knock it off with the false modesty routine.

Archived