IGNORED

Another Reason Why I Am Selling My Children On Ebay

theologygeek

I am struck again by the cuteness of all Ladybug stories :) The OP is awesome as well, I burst out laughing!

Small Relative hasn't quite got to grips with the bigger concepts but she is being raised atheist. My mum said "Oh God..." at something and SR turned round, arms folded, and said "Nobody knows about God, so DON'T SAY about him. Alright?"

Your Small Relative and Ladybug would love each other; sounds like something she would say. I maintain I am raising a Buddhist, and I have yet to introduce her to the faith, save a coloring book she was gifted with. She did say to me "God is too big for a building or even the whole word, Mommy", at church yesterday. Indeed, little one.

My son, when he was about 5 or 6, was walking to school with his little mate and saw a priest. He started laughing and said very loud " Look Mom there is a man in a dress, is he doing dancing?" The boy we were with was Cathloic and said no that is Father Someone, my son kept saying no he is a man in a dress.

May I just say that I, an evil childless heathen with little soul and no desire for children outside my sharpei/heeler mix & evil baby dingo pit bull, LOVE these awesome FJ children!!! I love the spunk, the intelligence, the confidence and the rapier wit.

And, Angri-la, I am forever touched and delighted by Ladybug stories. I wish I could find your original thread on the pre-raptured site where you revealed your wonderful story of finding your daughter and her just recognizing you as her mother from the beginning. And with your wit and humor I'd pay to read a memoir you've written on becoming a family with the little one.

Ah, I'm getting all verklempt. Don't mind me - I'm all hormonal from losing tons of angel babies today (i.e. have Aunt Flo in town).

Your Small Relative and Ladybug would love each other; sounds like something she would say. I maintain I am raising a Buddhist, and I have yet to introduce her to the faith, save a coloring book she was gifted with. She did say to me "God is too big for a building or even the whole word, Mommy", at church yesterday. Indeed, little one.

So already Ladybug is the opposite of a fundie! Their God is weak and tiny. This bodes well for her as a future FJist (she is a honorary one already, eh...) :)

If Ladybug likes babies, she and SR would get on. They are roughly similar in age. SR was explaining the Nativity play the other day in a rather confused fashion. Apparently it involves "a big horse", "lots and lots of lovely songs" and best of all from her perspective a real baby. She's not met one yet she didn't want to take home with her.

Which is funny as she is a fairly fierce small child. I have told her before she will end up a Stalinist, the Chief Constable of Strathclyde Police, or both. Sample conversation:

SR: "I am a POLICE LADY and I am BITING YOU" *pretends to bite me*

Me: "Aw, SR, that's police brutality! The polis aren't supposed to bite people!"

SR: *hands on hips, sarcastic tone* "Aye, whitever, hen."

:)

In the mall yesterday, there was a family and the girls had on matching long dresses.

My son: You look pretty in your costume. Were you in a play today?

The girl: It's not a costume. I dress this way every day. I'm a Christian.

My son's best friend, the expert on all subjects: Oh! You're in a cult! That's cool.

My son nods his head like he accepts this explanation and then tries to be caring: I saw your cult on tv. Be careful that the FBI doesn't set your house on fire.

Awesome! Way to tell the fundies off!

Maybe this will start the little girl thinking...

Archived