IGNORED

Another Reason Why I Am Selling My Children On Ebay

theologygeek

In the mall yesterday, there was a family and the girls had on matching long dresses.

My son: You look pretty in your costume. Were you in a play today?

The girl: It's not a costume. I dress this way every day. I'm a Christian.

My son's best friend, the expert on all subjects: Oh! You're in a cult! That's cool.

My son nods his head like he accepts this explanation and then tries to be caring: I saw your cult on tv. Be careful that the FBI doesn't set your house on fire.

This is amazing. How much are you asking on eBay?

My baby can top your son. He woke up at 4 AM and has been a tired, crabby-butt ever since. I know it's not as funny...

Wow, I will definitely buy your son. :D He sounds like the little brother I never had and always wanted.

My youngest little sister has been a very funny kiddo as well. As a little kid, she had been told that when people get old - they die, and then they get buried at the graveyard by the side of the church. One day, an old lady was walking towards the church. She then went into the church. Then my little sister looked shocked and asked if the old lady was now about to die. By some reason my sister had misunderstood what she had been told, or she had come to the conclusion by herself that going to church means "going to death" because dead people were lying under tombstones on the outside of the church.

This is amazing. How much are you asking on eBay?

My baby can top your son. He woke up at 4 AM and has been a tired, crabby-butt ever since. I know it's not as funny...

At least your son is a baby. This is a teenager. LOL He has no clue about religious cults outside of what he saw on tv about the Branch Davidian. The poor girl bolted for her mother and they got away from the crazy heathens very quickly.

LOL!! Your son should fetch a good price, as he is clearly a fine specimen. Perhaps too spirited to be purchased by a fundie, though. Don't sell him to anyone who can't appreciate his qualities. Hmm . . . perhaps you should not sell him outright, but rather invite matrimonial offers and perhaps get a nice dowry? Just a suggestion.

In the mall yesterday, there was a family and the girls had on matching long dresses.

My son's best friend, the expert on all subjects: Oh! You're in a cult! That's cool.

My son nods his head like he accepts this explanation and then tries to be caring: I saw your cult on tv. Be careful that the FBI doesn't set your house on fire.

I'll buy your son, but only if he comes with his best friend. Do you have permission from his mother to tell him, too?

I officially love your son! (and his friend) LOL!

Hilarious! Do the boys come as a set? What is the opening bid? I assume they are "gently used", and you won't try and pass them off as vintage. I would loved to see the costumed girl's face.

Yours trumps mine, but Ladybug had a rude lady say something along the lines of "what a cute littlle black girl", and Ladybug, hands on hips said "I am brown, not black. Do you want to see my crayons?"

She has patiently listened to my sometimes snarky replies to rude questions. I maybe should watch my mouth!

At church yesterday during the children's sermon all the other kids were answering the question "What is Christmas about" with the correct "Jesus" answer and my oldest daughter replied when they handed her the microphone "So I can get one of those toy dogs that poop." She's not getting one, we have two real dogs that poop, we don't need a fake one.

Hilarious! Do the boys come as a set? What is the opening bid? I assume they are "gently used", and you won't try and pass them off as vintage. I would loved to see the costumed girl's face.

Yours trumps mine, but Ladybug had a rude lady say something along the lines of "what a cute littlle black girl", and Ladybug, hands on hips said "I am brown, not black. Do you want to see my crayons?"

She has patiently listened to my sometimes snarky replies to rude questions. I maybe should watch my mouth!

Hahahaha!

How old is she?

I don't know if this still exists, but Crayola used to make a set of skin colored crayons, in a huge variety of hues. It was a fun thing because my family has all different skin tones.

Angri-la,

That reminds me of my son who quickly grew tired of all the "Where did you get your redhair comments" when he was little and came up with snappy answers like

'I eat a lot of peppers'

'From shrimp like Flamingos'

and my leas favorite 'The post man'

Ladybug had a rude lady say something along the lines of "what a cute littlle black girl", and Ladybug, hands on hips said "I am brown, not black. Do you want to see my crayons?"

Love it !!

Angri-la,

That reminds me of my son who quickly grew tired of all the "Where did you get your redhair comments" when he was little and came up with snappy answers like

'I eat a lot of peppers'

'From shrimp like Flamingos'

and my leas favorite 'The post man'

LOL,I so love your son. :)

Angri-la,LB is so awesome to hold her own. I would have to have said something rude loud and right in her face. I cannot abide by comments like that.

When people say something offensive in front of my kids in a store, I will snap my fingers right in their face,point at them and say "watch your trashy mouth in front of my kids".People are so shocked at the snap and comeback they just clamp it shut and I bet they think twice people the say nasty stuff in public again. I just did it a few weeks ago and my kids are older now, they love to tell everyone I screamed at the trash talkers though. :whistle:

Ladybug is 4. Her box of crayons doesn't have any "flesh" colors, because her mama is cheap thrifty. There are peach and brown. She is lighter skinned and has my freckles. And my brown eyes.

She is awesome. I have tried very hard to set a good example, but I get tired of "Aww, where did you get her? Ethiopia?" My child does not look Ethiopian; she has more of a Kenyan look to her, and no, I didn't adopt her because I want to be like Angelina Jolie, people.

Oooh, yes! People Colored Crayons!!! As soon as my youngest is past the "breaking crayons to hear the noise they make" stage, I plan to lay out some money for those. There are a couple dozen in the box, all different.

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/produc ... 4312629732

Great. Now the Wissmanns are going to try coloring themselves chestnut for next year's homeschool conference.

Aw, this thread just goes to show that awesome kids come from awesome mamas (and papas, don't want to leave them out)

Although, to be honest, if that girl thinks that being a Christian requires she wear matching "modest" outfits with the rest of her family, she probably is in a cult (I should be noted I think that Gothard, ATI, Vision Forum, the Pearls, etc are cultish)

Ladybug is 4. Her box of crayons doesn't have any "flesh" colors, because her mama is cheap thrifty. There are peach and brown. She is lighter skinned and has my freckles. And my brown eyes.

She is awesome. I have tried very hard to set a good example, but I get tired of "Aww, where did you get her? Ethiopia?" My child does not look Ethiopian; she has more of a Kenyan look to her, and no, I didn't adopt her because I want to be like Angelina Jolie, people.

And of course she came from Africa, right? :roll:

I love Ladybug!

I am old enough to remember when there was one color called "flesh" in the crayon box.

Me, too and I remember talking to my mom about how that crayon didn't look like my flesh.

A little part of me hopes that this girl will start to consider, based on the fact that outsiders consider her to be in a cult... One can only hope!

I am struck again by the cuteness of all Ladybug stories :) The OP is awesome as well, I burst out laughing!

Small Relative hasn't quite got to grips with the bigger concepts but she is being raised atheist. My mum said "Oh God..." at something and SR turned round, arms folded, and said "Nobody knows about God, so DON'T SAY about him. Alright?"

Archived