IGNORED

Tasteless humor

Witsec7

Guest Anonymous
How the FUCK did I forget George Carlin? Of course, you can say almost all of those words on TV these days.

I also blame Hunter S. Thompson. :dance:

Count me as another one who wonders how she forgot George Carlin and Hunter Thompson. I also forgot Sid Caesar, Ernie Kovacs and the young Woody Allen (while he was still doing stand-up. And I'm also old enough to remember when Elaine May and Mike Nichols were a comedy team; my parents used to let me watch them on the old Jack Paar show.

I have a disabled child and my favorite characters of all time are Timmy & Jimmy on Southpark... a few years back when they had their epic fight in the street all I could imagine was a couple of my son's friends throwin down. I am a sick fuck.

I love George Carlin, Southpark, Ren & Stimpy, love love love Monty Python, Kathy Griffin, Chelsea Handler. Some of it comes from my Dad - when my sister and I would bring boyfriends home for Sunday dinner, the more he talked shit to them, the better he liked them (if he was silent that wasn't a good sign).

I realize that I'm new here, but I'm answering anyway. :D

1. My mom. When I texted her the lyrics to Cartman's gospel song from South Park (Gonna get down on my knees and start pleasin' Jesus... want to feel his salvation all over my face!).... her response? "Ooooo Yeah!"

2. This video is one of my favorite things ever.

My parents, in different ways. My mum has a really irreverent way of looking at life which is great :) My dad has a more basic way. Last time I saw him he played me "The Aberdeen Sheep Shagger's Song" and about died laughing.

Scots are noted for pretty dark humour, to the extent that loads of things we say surprise or horrify the English. It's a combination of gallows humour and swearing as well as looking a bit on the dark and basic side of life. Northern people in general are like that IMO.

When we had a storm and high winds damage recently, instead of a name like "Hurricane Ada" Scots christened ours "Hurricane Bawbag" ;) (Bawbag = scrotum). Some English reporters discussing the storm were too embarrassed to say it...

Tasteless humor is practically a genetic gift in my family, but the one who helped me unlock my gift was my older brother when I was four.

When I was learning my ABC's, he thought it would be funny to teach me to write curse words.

Yes, folks, the first word, in the entire world of words, that I learned to spell was "ASS," followed by "HELL" and "SHIT."

And now, my dad says I'd be the world's worst trophy wife because I can't stand still and shut up. and he means it as a compliment.

Also, I can't believe no one has mentioned St. Lewis Black! MY HEROOOOOOO!

My dad sat me down and had me watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail when I was about seven, and it was all downhill from there. Lots of Muppets as a kid, movies like Airplane! and The Jerk on repeat, George Carlin, Lucille Ball and Mel Brooks, then Jon Stewart, Kathy Griffin and Tina Fey as an adult (and of course Lewis Black)... there was no way I was coming out anything but snarky, I think. I also tend to have a very dry, sarcastic sense of humor that takes after my dad's; my mom and brother tend to be on the sillier side of things.

I may not be the wittiest person on this board, but most of the time I can hold my own IRL. My whole family is pretty sarcastic and has a twisted sense of humor. Some examples:

1) Last Christmas, we were all at my mom's parents' house opening gifts. My youngest brother (then 6) opened one of his and didn't know what it was

Brother: "What the hell is this?"

Mom: "Excuse me?"

Brother: "I said, what the HELL is this? I really don't know what this is!"

*entire family laughs until we cry

2) I'm in grad school, which my brothers refer to as "remedial college" because I "wasn't any good at it the first time" (I graduated with a 3.8 GPA)

3) Similar to Gizmola's story, my dad answers the phone as "Bob's House of Steak" whenever he doesn't recognize the number--we get lots of apologetic telemarketers.

So yeah, we say all kinds of horrible things to each other all the time, but it's all meant in good fun

Scots are noted for pretty dark humour, to the extent that loads of things we say surprise or horrify the English. It's a combination of gallows humour and swearing as well as looking a bit on the dark and basic side of life. Northern people in general are like that IMO.

If that's the case, I'm going to blame my Scots ancestry.

Anything that isnt suitable to say at work is tasteless humor and therefore fucking awesome.

Daniel Tosh is my hero.

Tosh is suitable to my work place. I assume it's the only one, but I can name 3 times in the past month I have seen "pie face, nut shot, bitch slap" just inside the office-warehouse excluded (I'm a dispatcher).

Does anyone remember Strangers With Candy?

This is awful, I know, but it was my/our loss and reflects not at all on anybody else's loss.

Our eldest son was actually a twin pregnancy, where a situation occurred known as a "Vanishing Twin" where one twin ceases to develop at some point and is absorbed by the mother's body and she goes on to have a singleton baby.

So we tease our eldest son when he does something weird or goofy that his twin wasn't absorbed by my body, but absorbed by his brain and is living in there telling him to do/say stupid shit.

BTW, he believes his twin was a girl and calls her Esmerelda (don't know why).

Archived