IGNORED

Morton x-mas tree

clibbyjo

Is it weird that Noah is hanging the lights with his sister and decorating the family tree with no mention of a tree for his small family? I am kind of weirded out, I mean, I know they live out in the yard,but don't they want to have their first x-mas alone? Why are they always in his parents house? I would not be able to take being in my inlaws house like that all the time.Once a year is pushing it for me. :hand:

Actually, no... not for these people. They tend to view the parents' house as the main house and N&D's little home as part of the property, like the Morton's do with their farm compound with allll the families living on it. Since D is used to this style of living, I'm sure she thinks nothing of it. Now, if I was married to Noah I'd think it creepy as fuck.. so to your question, Clibby, yes it's weird.

I hope they have a small christmas tree in their own little compound house. Do these families ever feel suffocated with the total lack of space from one another...both physical and mental/emotional....?

This same thing will probably happen when the mainstream spotlight is off the Duggars and they let their married kids build tinker-toy houses on their compound. Heck, I'm surprised they didn't just add a bunch of tiny bedrooms to the original house for the couples and make their grandkids sleep in the big dorms with all their unmarried kids.

I am not bothered by it but my family has always been close(think compound style houses with my aunts, uncles and cousins) we always are making excuses to come over. It doesn't have to be a holiday for us to get together.

I don't find it too weird, for a few reasons (and then some issues with those reasons) : one, he's still probably the tallest and strongest of the kids, so even if he didn't live on property but lived close, they'd probably appreciate his help. My issue with this is: why not include the younger kids more? The three girls and maybe the next boy or two might not be as tall or strong, but they deserve their own time to be the "head children" before they get married off too.

Another reason: Noah's only something like 22, right? He may have a business and a kid, but there's a part of him that just wants to have fun, too. Of course, the issue then might be don't get married at 20, then!

They might have a little tree, but unlike the Mortons' compound, this is not a super-finished apartment or house. There's a bathroom, and one or two other rooms. The kitchen is in the unfinished barn/garage part of the structure. If they have room for a full-sized tree at all, especially with baby stuff, I'd be surprised. So it's not so weird to pitch in and help with the "community" tree even if they have a mini one of their own.

I am honestly surprised we haven't heard anything about building a house for the growing family - they might be ok with the three of them now, but knowing her family another baby won't be far behind, and also based on family history these houses take a few years to build.

Although it really is the sanders tree :)

Ahhhhh, I knew it was Sanders and was thinking Sanders as I wrote Morton. Damn inbred families...

Actually, no... not for these people. They tend to view the parents' house as the main house and N&D's little home as part of the property, like the Morton's do with their farm compound with allll the families living on it. Since D is used to this style of living, I'm sure she thinks nothing of it. Now, if I was married to Noah I'd think it creepy as fuck.. so to your question, Clibby, yes it's weird.

I agree. I need lots and lots of space from in laws though....lots :shock:

I always wanted to be that close to my family... but I seem to either be an inconvenience, don't think right, am a burden or embarrassment... or in some cases, the relatives were just so batshit crazy and toxic that there was no way I could deal with them. I will more than likely die in a trailer, and if there is a god, that trailer will be in the woods, not a crummy trailer park, alone with my cats. I hope the cats pick the bones clean before anyone finds me though, that would be much nicer for that poor person than half chewed grandmom!

Archived