IGNORED

Duggar Disorders

TinyDancer87

With Josie's struggles in the hospitals and this recent miscarriage, Michelle is receiving a lot of attention- empathy, sympathy, and praise. It seems that she is most happy when all eyes are on her "being a good mother"... her being pregnant, her in the hospital with Josie, her filming her children's accidents on her cell phone. What a good mother!

Reminds me of a certain personality disorder:

Munchausen's syndrome by proxy.

Yes, it may be a bit of a stretch, but who can deny that Michelle FEEDS off of the attention from the illnesses and trials that she goes through? I mean, WHY would she bring Josie to EUROPE, knowing full well that she was at risk? Oh! Surely only to be the hero mother, taking care of her sick child in Israel. How noble! And why would she turn her miscarriage into a look-at-me-I'm-such-a-good-mother-by-recognizing-my-aborted-child spectacule? I'm sorry, but that letter pushed me over the edge.

Women go through trials like these ALL THE TIME, and it's so personal and sensitive! Her lack of emotion reading that letter to Jubalee insults all who have gone through pre-mature births and miscarriages. She is no hero in my eyes. I once had respect for her, but the way she has handled Jubilee's death was pure mockery. Something like this should have not been made public, but Michelle needed her baby voice to be heard!

Call it Munchausen's syndrome or pure narcissism, but something is not right. Is this enough for a CPS intervention? One can hope! I can forsee future disorders of the Duggar children in the future. Just look at Jennifer's and Jordyn's social skills (or lack there of)!!!!!

I think that she overreached with this one!

They have a huge backlash on their hands.

And yeah, she's not well.

Guest Anonymous

Simply put, Michelle (and possibly JimBob) is a Narcissist! One other possibility: people so enthralled by a lifestyle they have chosen often go to enormous lengths to show how good they are at perpetuating that lifestyle-even to the point where they make themselves a martyr for the cause. I've seen it happen to people I've known, and it's at the level where it becomes an obsession. Their mindset becomes very black-and-white: "I'm good, others are evil, and it's my job to show how wonderful and perfect my choices are!"

Very scary, if taken to the extreme, as I feel the Duggars have done with their brand of "Christianity".

With Josie's struggles in the hospitals and this recent miscarriage, Michelle is receiving a lot of attention- empathy, sympathy, and praise. It seems that she is most happy when all eyes are on her "being a good mother"... her being pregnant, her in the hospital with Josie, her filming her children's accidents on her cell phone. What a good mother!

Reminds me of a certain personality disorder:

Munchausen's syndrome by proxy.

Yes, it may be a bit of a stretch, but who can deny that Michelle FEEDS off of the attention from the illnesses and trials that she goes through? I mean, WHY would she bring Josie to EUROPE, knowing full well that she was at risk? Oh! Surely only to be the hero mother, taking care of her sick child in Israel. How noble! And why would she turn her miscarriage into a look-at-me-I'm-such-a-good-mother-by-recognizing-my-aborted-child spectacule? I'm sorry, but that letter pushed me over the edge.

Women go through trials like these ALL THE TIME, and it's so personal and sensitive! Her lack of emotion reading that letter to Jubalee insults all who have gone through pre-mature births and miscarriages. She is no hero in my eyes. I once had respect for her, but the way she has handled Jubilee's death was pure mockery. Something like this should have not been made public, but Michelle needed her baby voice to be heard!

Call it Munchausen's syndrome or pure narcissism, but something is not right. Is this enough for a CPS intervention? One can hope! I can forsee future disorders of the Duggar children in the future. Just look at Jennifer's and Jordyn's social skills (or lack there of)!!!!!

You certainly have a point!!

Yeah I think jchelle has some kind of disorder where she is obsessed with being pregnant and having babies but loses interest in nuturing her kid when they are old enough to pass off to a buddy. She really thives on attention, she gets from being a mom.

I do think that a lot of her grief for jubilee stems from her coming to terms with her diminished fertility.

Archived