IGNORED

mere update

far_go

this is the other screen shot that I took when I took that one last night--I cqan get one of her whole profile though

http://i40.tinypic.com/16aa0yh.jpg

Yeah - Still BS - you can grab those off her wall just by being a friend of a friend. I don't know her IRL but we are FB friends and you either have access to things I do not (which I doubt) or you are a absolute liar. I'm going with the latter........

Guest Anonymous
I am just happy we saw a newer picture of the baby. I would like to see the baby a little better,can you work on that?

Ideally, you'd like an invitation to the Blessing/Christening, wouldn't you? :D

I did. What does it mean that you "can't get" a full screen shot? I could take a screen shot of my entire desktop right now. It's not rocket science.

My entire desktop wouldn't show the whole note.

I am not going to write a 5 page update to entertain unknown persons here. I hate cranking out papers for university. The note is only visible to certain people. To the person not on her friends list spouting off that you cannot see anything you ARE NOT on her friends list. Here is a small screen shot I cannot get the full thing.

http://i42.tinypic.com/29fe2ab.png

If, in fact, that FB entry actually exists, and is only visible to a select group of people, you're a shitty "friend" for posting it here. If I were Meredith and I found out about this? I'd take steps to find out who you were so I could defriend your untrustworthy self.

Meh. I don't care. I never found her to be interesting.

Honestly, I don't care about Meredith but I am absolutely dying to know what Stephen's deal actually is.

Also, as much as I dislike these fundies, I agree with everyone who has basically said that with friends like far_go (assuming he/sh/it a troll with a penchant for creative writing) these girls don't need enemies.

Honestly, I don't care about Meredith but I am absolutely dying to know what Stephen's deal actually is.

Also, as much as I dislike these fundies, I agree with everyone who has basically said that with friends like far_go (assuming he/sh/it a troll with a penchant for creative writing) these girls don't need enemies.

Absolutely. Far_go has previously claimed to have updates from Lina too.

I don't think Far_go should post photos of a baby taken from a private fb account to a public website.

If I were Meredith, my reaction to this would be to tighten my fb security settings and delete questionable 'friends'.

Side note: so it's confirmed Stephen was top of his class? We should have known that would be the case.

My entire desktop wouldn't show the whole note.

I wasn't asking for the whole note. I just know people who have modified "screen shots" on other websites. It would be a very easy thing to do on a screen shot without much detail. If I had a Facebook still I would post something asinine as a note and make it look like someone famous said it to show you how easy it is to fake a screen shot. Alas, I don't.

I don't know this mere person but one of two things is happening:

1. Someone who is supposed to be her friend is posting private things on a website made for snarking at people.

2. Someone is faking that she's friends and posting lies.

Either of these things, imho, is not very nice. /handslapping

Heh. All I can say, is it really, really sounds like Meredith's writing, so either it's real, or I must congratulate far_go on his/her creative writing ability.

I wasn't asking for the whole note. I just know people who have modified "screen shots" on other websites. It would be a very easy thing to do on a screen shot without much detail. If I had a Facebook still I would post something asinine as a note and make it look like someone famous said it to show you how easy it is to fake a screen shot. Alas, I don't.

I don't know this mere person but one of two things is happening:

1. Someone who is supposed to be her friend is posting private things on a website made for snarking at people.

2. Someone is faking that she's friends and posting lies.

Either of these things, imho, is not very nice. /handslapping

I really don't give a shit. I was just responding to your asshole it isn't rocket science comment.

I really don't give a shit. I was just responding to your asshole it isn't rocket science comment.

Noted. I was being a bit snarky and assholish there.

If, in fact, that FB entry actually exists, and is only visible to a select group of people, you're a shitty "friend" for posting it here. If I were Meredith and I found out about this? I'd take steps to find out who you were so I could defriend your untrustworthy self.

Thank you for that! ^^^^^ As a friend of hers; I could post a ton of things on here but I don't. She is a private person and I think that once her blog was closed that that was the end of it. That does not give anyone any right to befriend them on FB and them dump their personal lives all over FJ!

It's a good thing you are full of BS otherwise I would have her look into you - a so called "friend."

She is doing wonderfully and is enjoying being a mom and wife. Can't you just leave it at that instead of write a bogus letter that you say is from her?

Thank you for that! ^^^^^ As a friend of hers; I could post a ton of things on here but I don't. She is a private person and I think that once her blog was closed that that was the end of it. That does not give anyone any right to befriend them on FB and them dump their personal lives all over FJ!

It's a good thing you are full of BS otherwise I would have her look into you - a so called "friend."

She is doing wonderfully and is enjoying being a mom and wife. Can't you just leave it at that instead of write a bogus letter that you say is from her?

Hey now, its bad FB friends like this that keep us amused. :shhh: :violin:

I don't have an affinity for Meredith, but I'd be a liar if I didn't say I wanted to know how she is really doing.

I don't believe this is real, for a few reasons that I won't bother to go into.

As to the ethics of posting something like this if it were real - meh. I wouldn't do it, but if Meredith (or anyone else) is going to keep "internet friends" on their friends lists, to me it's the risk you take. Nothing, I repeat - NOTHING - that you post on the internet is private.

edited for clarity

I don't believe this is real, for a few reasons that I won't bother to go into.

As to the ethics of posting something like this if it were real - meh. I wouldn't do it, but if Meredith (or anyone else) is going to keep "internet friends" on their friends lists, to me it's the risk you take. Nothing, I repeat - NOTHING - that you post on the internet is private.

edited for clarity

I agree with you on this but I think that the "select" few that she kept after she met Stephen have been pretty loyal; that is why I am confident that it is 100% bogus. I knew her pre-FJ and was glad when I was spared in the huge friend dump right before her wedding. As much as I want to leak stuff on here for your guys - she really does not post stuff often or on her wall. I did not even know about the baby until right before FJ caught wind! She is just a private person and I respect that and I think that anyone that she is "friends" with should/do respect that.

:off soapbox:

No idea if the Mere update is real (although it does sound like her), but I can confirm the previous Lina update was true. I don't have a screen shot or anything but I did manage to stay friends with Lina after she made her blog private, and the blog entry she wrote was copied and pasted in the other thread. I would guess the Mere update is true. That picture of her is lovely! I hope she's doing well.

Just to point out, (ask I think most of you have agreed) it could be real....notes on facebook can be for the general public, friends only, network only, network and friends only, or custom/tagged only. So it's possible that the note might be viewable only to the people Meredith considered close enough friends or interested enough in it.

Also - and this is an entirely honest question - how allowed is this sort of posting on FJ? I mean posting stuff that isn't on a public blog and isn't available on a general public Facebook account and might not even be available to all facebook friends? I know TOU states: "Posting private, identifying information about an individual, including addresses and phone numbers that are not available via public resources (ie court documents, news articles)" but how would one user publishing something that had been written with an idea of privacy fall under that I mean, yeah, everything on the internet is public, but....what about private emails or letters sent from one person to another? It would be private information about an individual that's not available from a public resource, but it wouldn't be identifying...and how does that compare to the information about the ham radio that someone - was it one of the Maxwells - operated where the information was available via a search, but from a public website? (This probably isn't the right place for the question, though.)

Guest Anonymous

I posted the ham radio thing - it came up from just a google search so I had assumed it was OK but I think it is fair enough that Alecto decides what is or isn't a TOU violation, since she owns the board and deals with issues of risk.

Personally I think it is in very bad taste and quite a crappy thing for a 'friend' to post a FB update on a snark board, but I am not sure it would count as disclosing personal information, because nothing in the posting is actually new or not written elsewhere, eg by Meredith's mother. It is actually a good question to put to Alecto really as she manages the general issue of risk for the board.

I'm sure Alecto will come answer this in further detail, but at least it's always been my understanding that it is a TOU violation only to post private information that is also identifying information, i.e. address, full name, telephone number, etc. Otherwise, we run into an issue of what is "private"? Can we post a locked blog update, if we are friends with the blog writer? If there is a snippy email exchange w/ a fundie, can we post that? How about if a RL friend tells us something and they happen to know the fundies in question? Where is the line drawn, especially since this community has continually expressed its desire to have hands-off moderation? Ultimately, I think Alecto, as board owner, has to make rules that limit any liability, so I will defer to her to give an official answer. I just wanted to express my personal understanding of the TOU rule (and if my understanding is wrong, it would be good to know that too!!)

Noted. I was being a bit snarky and assholish there.

You bring up a good point, though. Even if the note doesn't fit on one screen, the screenshot is still highly cropped and therefore easier to fake.

Edit: I have no idea whether this particular screenshot is fake or not, but it's still worth noting.

Archived