IGNORED

Moderate my ass - Discussion about Birth Control

fundiefan

Mama Says, also known as Milehimama, has a blog post that is her beef with a contest promoted my Mckmama. Crazy, convoluted crap. She spreads herself far and wide as a 'believer' without the BS, yet her post says that the Gates foundation, which promotes IUD's for women in distressed areas such as parts of Africa, are 'anti' life.

I don't understand how prevention is 'anti'. I just don't.

Milehimama plays a moderate role, or tries to, but it comes out eventually. Often in her hatred of Mckmama.

This rambling brought to you by someone who can't make sense of too many factors in one blog post.

Mainly, I cannot see the thinking that no birth/child/conception = anti life.

The blog post is convoluted but at its core is the issue Milehimama has. She runs STC, but she doesn't seem all that different. It's just the message that is different.

milehimama.com/blogging/million-moms-challenge-cheating/

I think it is because the iud the pill and other things can be used as an abortifacient. They prevent already fertilized eggs (which are a life-they have 23 chromosomes from mom/23 from dad) from implanting in the womb, thus killing this already formed life.

I think it is because the iud the pill and other things can be used as an abortifacient. They prevent already fertilized eggs (which are a life-they have 23 chromosomes from mom/23 from dad) from implanting in the womb, thus killing this already formed life.

It is a potential life. It has no consciousness, no body, nothing. At the moment it's "killed," it's simply a gathering of cells, if even that much.

And if you're here to be all pro-life, the unborn baybees must be saved! and all that jazz, I suggest you look around a bit and realize this is the wrong place for that malarkey.

As a welcome, I want to be the first to formally say:

Bless your heart!

So does menstruation. Should we ban all menstruation?

Please, find a book and read it. IUDs make the uterus inhospitable to sperm, preventing fertilization. You're welcome.

Good lawd. Honey, look around a bit. We've discussed this ad nauseum and the medical evidence doesn't support your position.

My bias from other boards/being a mod means that I read the title to this thread and expected a suicide by mod post.

Moderate reads a lot like moderate. LOL

/off topic

The IUD does not abort a fertilized egg. It makes the uterus inhospitable so fertilization does not occur. An unfertilized egg is not an abortion. It happens every month to millions of women.

Edited to say I didn't read/see the preceding comments in my reactive state...I didn't mean to say exactly what others said.

My bias from other boards/being a mod means that I read the title to this thread and expected a suicide by mod post.

Moderate reads a lot like moderate. LOL

/off topic

Yeah, my first thought was "Oh, shit, what did we do to piss someone off now?" :D

(which are a life-they have 23 chromosomes from mom/23 from dad)

So does my hair, but I don't mind cutting it.

And for that matter, I'm not a vegetarian. I eat chicken, beef, pork, shrimp, salmon, duck if I can get it.... Why should I worry less about actual independent organisms with brains than about blobs of stuff?

Yeah, my first thought was "Oh, shit, what did we do to piss someone off now?" :D

I don't know if I could moderate on a board like this. I would not know what to do. If anyone ever nominates me (fat chance!) just laugh in their faces.

I come from boards where TWOP Howard would come off as "liberal" and "fun".

One cannot expect a person who doesn't believe or comprehend scientific method to understand the basics of mammalian reproduction. This in no way excuses your tightly held ignorance.

As a whole, my beef is that prevention does not equal anti. I am not opposed to life and I would not consider ending the life of another living being (other than snakes and mosquitoes and sometimes spiders, and the humane sources of my meat). Preventing the creation of life, however, IS NOT BEING ANTI LIFE!

So does menstruation. Should we ban all menstruation?

PLEASE ban my menstruation. Please? It's very tiresome to deal with on a monthly basis...

Also, in developing nations there is a higher chance that the women and children involved may die. So quibbling about a birth control method is basically saying that you would rather they die in or after birth than partake of a birth control method that you personally do not support for whatever idiotic reason.

PLEASE ban my menstruation. Please? It's very tiresome to deal with on a monthly basis...

Can I join you in that? I'm not even using the damned thing. All it does is make me tired every month and occasionally makes me throw up or faint. (Before anyone gets worried about my health, the later is a once or twice a year occurrence. My doctor has told me to just take a sick day and curl up with a heating pad).

Also, in developing nations there is a higher chance that the women and children involved may die. So quibbling about a birth control method is basically saying that you would rather they die in or after birth than partake of a birth control method that you personally do not support for whatever idiotic reason.

That is my argument. In third world nations - and lives - how and why could it even remotely be better to have a baby and let it/watch it die than to prevent that birth in the first place? Promoting birth control in developing countries is good for all, including the babies that are NOT BORN, yet...the 'life' argument is so obsessive that actual life is ignored.

Have a kid, because you can't do anything about it, then watch it starve to death or die of disease. That's all great and good. But, don't you dare prevent that suffering because that means ending life?

Really?

Can I join you in that? I'm not even using the damned thing. All it does is make me tired every month and occasionally makes me throw up or faint. (Before anyone gets worried about my health, the later is a once or twice a year occurrence. My doctor has told me to just take a sick day and curl up with a heating pad).

We should make sign, with used tampons on them and march around saying "Support Life! Ban Menstruation!"

Because Milehimama doesn't like the direction of the conversation, she has invoked her Mckmama hatred (jealousy) and closed comments. She's said that since non one can say anything negative about Mckmama...ignoring the overall / general conversation...she is closing comments.

I guess I am learning. No one is 'moderate' or less offensive than others. They all just have their own agenda. Milehimama plays the part of the religious person who isn't fundie but when it comes to something she is totally fundie about, all bets are off. She plays the part of the 'real' mom, blah, blah, blah, but in reality, she is the same as all of them. She just wears a mask about much of it and manipulates those around her with her image as the scattered mom of a ton of kids. In the end, she can't support those kids any better than any other fundie and she is no better at homeschooling or anything else. Her causes are just focused elsewhere.

If life = egg meeting sperm, then every woman on the planet is guilty of abortion. Every menstruation that occurs, if a woman is sexually active, is the equivalent of ending life. That is insane.

As a whole, my beef is that prevention does not equal anti. I am not opposed to life and I would not consider ending the life of another living being (other than snakes and mosquitoes and sometimes spiders, and the humane sources of my meat). Preventing the creation of life, however, IS NOT BEING ANTI LIFE!

I agree. Vyckie of No Longer Quivering used to hold this mentality in her Quiverfull days. She explained the mentality in a blog post that basically not wanting to have a baby was the same as abortion/being anti life. The idea was that if you are having sex and don't want to have a baby and you become accidentally pregnant, then you'll definitely have an abortion. Therefore not wanting babies was the same as actually having an abortion.

I think I.U.D.'s can be very effective easy birth control if your body handles them well ( unfortunately mine did not )... but wouldn't something that makes the uterus inhospitable prevent implantation, not fertilization ? Doesn't fertilization often happen in the tubes and then move down to the uterus ? Isn't that why there are tubal pregnancies - because sometimes the fertilized egg gets stuck and starts to grow in the tube ?

I believe there may also be hormones in some forms of IUD that might inhibit ovulation - and that would obviously prevent fertilization - is that correct ?

If you have a metal IUD, it makes the uterus inhospitable to semen, not eggs. I'm am not firm on the details, but I think they either die or they cannot swim to the Fallopian tubes. The hormonal IUD works the same way as a NuvaRing I think.

Archived